Paul Hartley's Hampden bound army v The West Lothian franchise

Donathan

If I never see another game V Livi, it will be too soon.
Thought it couldn't be as bad as the LC game, & lo and behold, it was.
Utterly dire, dog shite of a game. That this time we got the better of.
I had that down for a replay, ET & pens, at HT. It was so poor.
That it took a deflected shot, that was going wide, says it all.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Horrendous game, Livi kicked us off the park the whole game and were quite rightly karma’d to f**k conceding that goal. Hartley saying Wee Taiwos injury isn’t as bad as first thought.

Only one team tried to play a bit of football tonight and we weren’t very good at it. Livi are a total gang.

Cove and Formartine will be sitting seething that they don’t get to play an established top half championship team and have to play us now :(

Come off it! Falkirk gave as good as they got. Your Longridge took the legs from Byrne early in the first half and Jakubiak looks like no shrinking violet.

Neither team played football. The ball was humped up the park by both sides for a good part of the game. Fair enough Livi doing that with one of the lowest wage bills in the division but Falkirk!

Any neutrals reading Falkirk fans comments are being given a totally skewed view of the game because Taiwo went off with what it seems is a minor injury.

Come off it! Falkirk gave as good as they got. Your Longridge took the legs from Byrne early in the first half and Jakubiak looks like no shrinking violet.
Neither team played football. The ball was humped up the park by both sides for a good part of the game. Fair enough Livi doing that with one of the lowest wage bills in the division but Falkirk!
Any neutrals reading Falkirk fans comments are being given a totally skewed view of the game because Taiwo went off with what it seems is a minor injury.

Shut up

9 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Paying duds off

Not every player that leaves gets paid full of thier contract. When Baird and Kerr joined us 2015 they didn’t get a pay off because they knew they were getting same/better money elsewhere.

Would the stats that show that Livi committed 17 of the 26 fouls or the three bookings to one suggest that Livi were not the worse offenders?

Skybet giving us 80/1 to win it all. Might be worth sticking a tenner on in the hope of laying for profit if we get a decent draw in the QF.

I think we ought to know by now that we are not in the last eight yet, irrespective of the expected quality of the opposition.
Cove, for example have not lost in a year!

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Would the stats that show that Livi committed 17 of the 26 fouls or the three bookings to one suggest that Livi were not the worse offenders?

If the stats showed Falkirk having more fouls you could use that argument to show how bad the ref was. 

I think both teams were as bad as the other tonight and the ref was inconsistent like we're used to seeing. The free kick that led to the Falkirk fans thinking they'd scored was a perfectly good challenge where the guy had won the ball. On the other hand we got a free kick at one point where I thought the Falkirk player was being fouled, and there were plenty of times both sets of fans were frustrated by the ref's refusal to play the advantage. Foul stats mean f**k all when you remember Willie Collum and Craig Thomson are considered our best referees.

If the stats showed Falkirk having more fouls you could use that argument to show how bad the ref was.

Can’t disagree with your point about how inconsistent our referees, are but the only tackle I am concerned about is the one on Taiwo and the fact that the offender got away with just a yellow.

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Can’t disagree with your point about how inconsistent our referees, are but the only tackle I am concerned about is the one on Taiwo and the fact that the offender got away with just a yellow.

Wasn't looking when that tackle happened so can't comment on it, but hopefully the guy's alright and not a serious injury. Wish I wasn't looking during the rest of the game tbh.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

We are in need of a dirty bassa in the team, after Taiwo went off, we had no one who could either get revenge or put the boot in. 

The winner tonite is football.....only one team tried to play it.

Still gutted for Taiwo......

Dunno  Jakubiak was doing his best, dirty wee b*****d twice went in late when he saw a player was jumping in the air and went under him so our player landed on his back winding himself. 

Another dull game against Falkirk that looked like it was heading for a replay, disappointed to be out but glad we're saved from having to replay it and suffer another 90/120 minutes of that kind of game. Really looking forward to our league game in a fortnight though.

Archived