Paul Hartley's Hampden bound army v The West Lothian franchise

Donathan

I'm buzzing for this game, fucking love the Scottish cup. As much as survival is our priority, doing well in this competition always provides a nice distraction. I expect close to a first choice XI, just with a couple of guys that have been injured getting rotated out

Thomson

Watson-Grant-McGhee

Muirhead-Kidd-Blair-Sibbs-Robson

Nelson-Longridge

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Donathan said:

I'm buzzing for this game, fucking love the Scottish cup. As much as survival is our priority, doing well in this competition always provides a nice distraction. I expect close to a first choice XI, just with a couple of guys that have been injured getting rotated out

Thomson

Watson-Grant-McGhee

Muirhead-Kidd-Blair-Sibbs-Robson

Nelson-Longridge

Does Tumiltys loan end next week? We've played a lot of football the past few weeks so I'd be inclined to make a good few changes. I'd leave Mcghee and Taiwo out of this one for definite and maybe swap in the likes of Watson. Jakubiak, Blair, Loy and Welsh for match fitness. 

Does Tumiltys loan end next week? We've played a lot of football the past few weeks so I'd be inclined to make a good few changes. I'd leave Mcghee and Taiwo out of this one for definite and maybe swap in the likes of Watson. Jakubiak, Blair, Loy and Welsh for match fitness. 

Saturday is supposed to be his last game but I reckon we will end up keeping him for the rest of the season. Even still, he limped out of yesterday’s game after half an hour so I think he sits this one out

As for the game, I hope we chuck it. Loy/O'Hara/Hippo as an attacking threat, Welsh centre mid  (all for the sake of fitness) & the rest of the team featuring an array of outbound wasters. Sod it, give Miller & Kerr a run out.

We have 5 crucial league games in February & I don't want us facing a competitive 5th round tie as well.

Paul Hartley Hampden bound :lol: Good luck with that. His cup record was atrocious at Dens. 

We were knocked out 4 cup competitions in a row from lower league sides before he was sacked - defeats to East Fife, Peterhead, league 1 Dunfermline, bottom of the championship St Mirren and a shite Rangers side who utterly pumped us and we also had a 0-0 slog at Dumbarton which we eventually won in the replay. 

16 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Seems a lot of your fans do that every week

There's your crowdwanking out the way nice and early on the first page.

Confident I'll get a "Meadowbank" and a "Grangemouth" from one of our lot soon to get bingo.

16 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

There's your crowdwanking out the way nice and early on the first page.

Confident I'll get a "Meadowbank" and a "Grangemouth" from one of our lot soon to get bingo.

Well I will be through to see the Grangemouth 11 beat Meadowbank #2

There will be a couple of changes for this I would think. With Tumilty away back to Ross County as well as Taiwo and McGhee carrying knocks as well as Nelson still getting up to speed (his words), I could see the line up akin to:

Thomson

Muirhead
Watson
Grant

Kidd
Welsh
Blair
Sibbald
Robson

Longridge
Hippo

Be interesting to see how Falkirk have progressed, and how the new players they’ve signed are working out, certainly seems to be working so far.

I think I’d rather we win the league tie between the sides in a fortnight, I’m sure Falkirk fans would say the same but this is an opportunity for both clubs to progress in the cup and perhaps get a good draw and make a bit of money from it. 

No idea how we will line up as Hoppy has thrown in a couple of left field calls recently, playing Gallagher as a defensive midfielder worked against Brechin but I’m not sure it’ll work against a better side. 

I liked Robinson and Boyd up top, that has the makings of a good partnership but it wouldn’t surprise me to see one of the big guys up top, Todorov or Mackin. 

A close game I think, 1-0 either way. 

Archived