Alloa v Dundee United

Waspie

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd be willing to give Smith a start ahead of McMullan.  But Mehmet in goal is a bold call and Mason instead of Robson is fucking nuts.

Ballantyne should definitely start at RB.

I think we need to win this game convincingly, and we should play as close to next week's starting 11 as possible, in order to try to reinstill confidence and a winning mentality.  As such I would have Robson and McMullan in there, as well as Lewis.

Agree that the new boys need game time  but I'd start Mason on the bench and look to bring him on later.

Wonder how close our 2 new French wonderkids are to a place on the bench for a game like this.....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I think we need to win this game convincingly, and we should play as close to next week's starting 11 as possible, in order to try to reinstill confidence and a winning mentality.  As such I would have Robson and McMullan in there, as well as Lewis.

Agree that the new boys need game time  but I'd start Mason on the bench and look to bring him on later.

Wonder how close our 2 new French wonderkids are to a place on the bench for a game like this.....

Je ne sais pas.

Lewis

Ballantine
Durnan
Scobbie
Robson

Mcmullan
Slater
Stanton
King

Mcdonald
Mikkelson

no 4-2-3-1 pish with mcdonald the “number 10 role” just a normal 4-4-2.

Looking forward to this and heading through on the supporters bus. 1100 tickets sold just now.

On 14/01/2018 at 11:52, RossDee01 said:

United to score a late winner and their fans to invade the pitch.

Ayr literally did this a few weeks back. There were three of them  :lol:

Can't say I fancy the chances of this going ahead. If the pitch was frozen for the Arbroath game, it's hard to see how it would be any better for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Ayr literally did this a few weeks back. There were three of them  :lol:
Can't say I fancy the chances of this going ahead. If the pitch was frozen for the Arbroath game, it's hard to see how it would be any better for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

We haven't had any rain recently which was the issue with the Arbroath game. If the pitch is cleared today (judging by twitter it will be, if it isn't already) I don't think there will be a problem.

Am driving through.  Usually would take the Edinburgh road and cut off but thinking that Given the weather it may be safer to go via Stirling even though it’s longer.  

Any local input would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Officially ruling myself out, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of offers  ;)

(sorry, couldn't help it)

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Am driving through.  Usually would take the Edinburgh road and cut off but thinking that Given the weather it may be safer to go via Stirling even though it’s longer.  

M90 to kinross come off on the A977, brings you to signpost for alloa at roundabout. gets you to the right side of town park at morrisons supermarket Can't see it being any easier going through BOA direction it was gridlocked today

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

M90 to kinross come off on the A977, brings you to signpost for alloa at roundabout. gets you to the right side of town park at morrisons supermarket Can't see it being any easier going through BOA direction it was gridlocked today

Cheers.  Ran out of greenies.  :(

This is the route I’ve taken in the past but didn’t know what the roads would be like.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Cheers.  Ran out of greenies.  :(

This is the route I’ve taken in the past but didn’t know what the roads would be like.

Big flat things, usually dark grey or black.

2 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Looking forward to this... if it goes ahead. With Meggatt, Crane, most likely PJ as well on the treatment table and Ross cup tied I’d go with this -

Parry

Taggart McCart Graham Hetherington

Robbo Fleming Cawley Kirkpatrick Flannigan

Renton

Bit of a risk starting McCart/ kirpatrick right away no ?

Archived