Forfar Athletic v. Albion Rovers

One of the more eventful 90 minutes at Station park this afternoon certainly deserves a thread. Thought Munro improved the defence and good effort from most others. Albion must be the best BTTS team in the country. Still a concern we are relying on defenders to score for us, an experienced striker between Easton and Cox would do us the world of good

Aye, eventful game in all sorts of ways.
Better team won but had Rovers taken some of their earlier chances it could have been so different.
Munro was great today, never lost a header and barking out orders all game. We'll deserved MOTM.
First red was a bit harsh, I thought, I expected a yellow. Trouten's was well deserved, kicked the whole stramash off. Probably should have been more reds, I saw Higgins grabbing Munro's throat with both hands, I dare say some shenanigans from Forfar players may have warranted a red too.
Worrying to see our keeper at the end, he did not look well at all. Hopefully Malone's hamstring and Whyte's ankle are just knocks.

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Worrying to see our keeper at the end, he did not look well at all. Hopefully Malone's hamstring and Whyte's ankle are just knocks.

Let's hope McCallum is O.K. He has a decent break to recover.

Can someone explain exactly what Eddie Malone's role is and what he brings to the team. I just don't see it. 

Now McBride is fit  he surely has more to offer than Malone.

Can someone explain exactly what Eddie Malone's role is and what he brings to the team. I just don't see it. 
Malone for me every time over McBride. You don't think he played well today?
Takes welcome pressure off the back four so they're not constantly dealing with everything.
Bags of effort.
Doesn't shirk a tackle.
Gets up and down the pitch.
Downside, he's not overly creative but that's not his job. Miller and Easton for that aspect of the game.

Looks like we've given up on ever defending properly this season. With Holmes out as the midfield anchor, we went 4-2-4 and pretty much missed the midfield out, but unsurprisingly it put the defence under even more pressure. Our young goalkeeper had another mare too, and I suspect he'll be replaced by the on-loan Rangers keeper next week; certainly, there's no point in having the kid sat on the bench behind a goalkeeper who is struggling badly.

The above said, I felt confident we'd get something at 3-2... then the 'rammy' happened. Hopefully, Forfar do highlights, but it looked to me that Hopkins stretched rather than lunged or jumped into the tackle, and whilst it was probably a foul, a red seemed unduly harsh. After that, I have no idea what happened, but it looked as if Trouten wasn't the only player out of control; he was the only one dismissed though, and that, as the Americans would say "was the ball game" :bairn

9 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

Wants McBride over Malone.....not even Gary Bollan wants Mcbride at Cowdenbeath and he signed him for us!! :lol:

12 hours ago, marksteinson said:

Man of match, well deserved, thought his booking,,was harsh, as only trying to calm things down.
Coxy back to his best!
Pity Hilson is out injured.
We are crying out for a goal scoring striker.
Keep up the hard work!
Back 4 looked good!

You thought Andy's booking was harsh?! I'd say he was the luckiest boy on the pitch to stay on. Don't get me wrong, as one of my favourite For far players I'm glad he did but I was sure he was going and by his mannerisms so did he.

6 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

The above said, I felt confident we'd get something at 3-2... then the 'rammy' happened. Hopefully, Forfar do highlights, but it looked to me that Hopkins stretched rather than lunged or jumped into the tackle, and whilst it was probably a foul, a red seemed unduly harsh. After that, I have no idea what happened, but it looked as if Trouten wasn't the only player out of control; he was the only one dismissed though, and that, as the Americans would say "was the ball game" :bairn

I agree, Albion were very much in the game at that point. I actually thought the ref might abandon the game, I'm sure it crossed his mind.

It looked a clear cut straight red from where I was. I'm glad we saw out the game intact as with our injury crisis the last thing we need are more suspensions.

i was impressed by the Albion players' efforts at nine men, they could easily have given up but then again if they did they would be on the receiving end of big Malc's wrath!

50 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

i was impressed by the Albion players' efforts at nine men, they could easily have given up but then again if they did they would be on the receiving end of big Malc's wrath!

Yeah, I should have mentioned that, and it's the only reason i stayed to the end after the fourth one going in. I wanted to clap them off, although only the manager and Ross Davidson seemed to acknowledge the support. Scott McLaughlin, in particular, went from being pretty anonymous at right back with 11 men to the main catalyst for any breaks we had with  9.

As for big Malc's wrath; aye, he shouts and swears a lot, but we continue to lose crazy amounts of goals. Oh how I wish he was five years younger.

2 hours ago, loon74 said:

Malone , won use the penalty , and his work rate is good and plays in every position he’s asked ! Maybe not the best player or a messi type player but gives 100% effort every week !

It's the same half wits that couldn't see what Templeman-Yano and even young Matty gave-give to the side 

Archived