Today's scores ?

qwerty

1-0  Lok.Dour encounter,poor surface,dilapidated  ground,no electricity for the food hut,no bar in the ground where it used to be,the two local pubs shut down next to the ground.The junior experience....

U forgot the bank at farmfoods wasnt working as someone blew it up thursday night and costcutters shut for ur carry out lol. Hears my take on things I thought it was a good game both teams giving 110% both keepers having great games, sorry our ground is not as good as yours its a working progress, didnt know about the leckie, bars been shut couple of year now, the 2 local pubs 1 is getting done up the other is shut but station bar is a 2 minute walk fae lovat. Pollok fans r up there with being the mkst greeting faced moany cants in the junior game and that includes our own fans aswell

Mon the papers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lang said:

Yea,ref shat himself cos of a wee bit of handbags at half time

Yet he didn't deem it necessary to inform Largs of the reason?  Seems a very odd decision.

Well, it's made the papers - still none the wiser though. Sounds just like a bit of handbags as the teams walked off at HT...

Sometimes refs panic - I remember a midweek friendly between Glencairn & Cambuslang a few years ago now with something similar...bad tackle about half an hour in, your standard couple of pushes and shoves afterwards, and the ref abandons the game to the complete bewilderment of everybody in the ground.

http://www.largsandmillportnews.com/sport/15826626.Largs_Thistle_V_Cambuslang_match_abandoned_at_half_time/

Well, it's made the papers - still none the wiser though. Sounds just like a bit of handbags as the teams walked off at HT...
Sometimes refs panic - I remember a midweek friendly between Glencairn & Cambuslang a few years ago now with something similar...bad tackle about half an hour in, your standard couple of pushes and shoves afterwards, and the ref abandons the game to the complete bewilderment of everybody in the ground.
http://www.largsandmillportnews.com/sport/15826626.Largs_Thistle_V_Cambuslang_match_abandoned_at_half_time/

The match you refer to was actually a charity match for Cash For Kids, and there were only 10 minutes left to play when the ref abandoned the game. Everybody walked off the park shaking hands and chatting, while the referee locked himself in the toilet cleaning his brown shorts.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

The match you refer to was actually a charity match for Cash For Kids, and there were only 10 minutes left to play when the ref abandoned the game. Everybody walked off the park shaking hands and chatting, while the referee locked himself in the toilet cleaning his brown shorts.

Strange end to the evening  - I had it in my mind it was in the first half for some reason. Might be getting it mixed up with the Scotland Juniors trial match that also got abandoned when the Glens guy suffered the bad leg break.

13 hours ago, passbackdave said:

U forgot the bank at farmfoods wasnt working as someone blew it up thursday night and costcutters shut for ur carry out lol. Hears my take on things I thought it was a good game both teams giving 110% both keepers having great games, sorry our ground is not as good as yours its a working progress, didnt know about the leckie, bars been shut couple of year now, the 2 local pubs 1 is getting done up the other is shut but station bar is a 2 minute walk fae lovat. Pollok fans r up there with being the mkst greeting faced moany cants in the junior game and that includes our own fans aswell

Mon the papers

Don't know-plenty of teams have moaners including us when anything goes against them-I always feel that  some Clydebank fans have a chip on the shoulder mentality which perhaps is a legacy thing.

I thought the bar was open when I was down at a Yoker game not that long ago.As for the ground I am delighted it is getting redeveloped as it is badly needed- when I saw the rubble on the terracing yesterday and items dumped everywhere it made me recall the problems Lok had with the Council when we were told that we needed yellow paint marking terracing edges or we couldn't use the ground-that minor issue caused us huge grief when the rest of the ground was in very good condition....

58 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Don't know-plenty of teams have moaners including us when anything goes against them-I always feel that  some Clydebank fans have a chip on the shoulder mentality which perhaps is a legacy thing.

I thought the bar was open when I was down at a Yoker game not that long ago.As for the ground I am delighted it is getting redeveloped as it is badly needed- when I saw the rubble on the terracing yesterday and items dumped everywhere it made me recall the problems Lok had with the Council when we were told that we needed yellow paint marking terracing edges or we couldn't use the ground-that minor issue caused us huge grief when the rest of the ground was in very good condition....

The bar was certainly open when we played Yoker at Holm Park in June last year. 

9 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Just watched the highlights on the recent video thread and no footage of the incident although a poor tackle beforehand by the looks of things.

Can someone from Largs share some footage?

Archived