Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So my club Talbot's last four fixtures was Hill of Beath away in the Scottish, Kilwinning at home, Glenafton away, and today Kilbirnie at home, all in the league, next week Cumnock away in the Scottish. Can anyone please tell me how joining the much vaunted pyramid could better that? 


You'de have linesman and more than 1 weeks notice of the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, geo87 said:

 


You'de have linesman and more than 1 weeks notice of the games.

 

They get linesmen as do all teams in the top divisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, geo87 said:

 


You'de have linesman and more than 1 weeks notice of the games.

 

League fixtures added alongside AWP Cup & CL Cup for 3rd March so it's proving slow and painful but we're getting there!

Edited by archieb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

 I would welcome a proper pyramid. I consider my club would find their true level within it and be of great value to it. However at the moment the system promotes and retains clubs way above their station, and blocks clubs who have huge resources and support and in actual fact is the complete opposite of the, much vaunted, pyramid philosophy.  I am very vocal because of the preposterous nature of this and the never ending stream of acolytes who promote  what we have as the way forward.

Junior clubs chose not to be part of the pyramid PLUS you started a thread sneering at Dalkeith for having the audacity to jump Talbot in Scottish football and were rightly called out on it. You are clearly now reverse ferretting but just making yourself look more and more out of touch with the reality.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2018 at 08:38, Glenconner said:

What goes up must come down. If the top Junior sides were to reach up into the top leagues then it might be goodnight for the likes of Clyde and a few others further up the leagues. What about teams with money problems.

Rangers v St Roch's anyone.

St Rochs V Celtic

The fans wouldn't know who to support.

Likewise Larkhall Thistle V Glasgow Rangers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
au contraire my man, I welcome debate. However what has happened is that those who vehemently defend the pyramid system seem to think I am equally vehemently against it. Not at all, a proper fair sensible pyramid  system that helps create a vibrant non league scene would be great. The trouble is, what we have is an unadulterated shambles littered with anomaly and frankly is discriminatory. There is nothing sensible about it, but some just won't concede the fact that it is a shambles.

Just to recap on some of the ludicrous aspects, we have two Junior teams who have been granted a club licence and remain Junior, no other Junior club can have this privilege. Junior clubs from the north can't be in the pyramid, Junior clubs from the west can but only if they join the SOS league which is completely out the question. We have 5th  grade teams in the HL who wouldn't compete in a half decent Sunday league, and 6th tier clubs in the EOS and SOS of a similar standard. Some clubs who are in comparison giants are placed beneath them and have no pathway to change this. Equally clubs of Sunday league standard stay 5th or 6th tier. We have a 5th tier LL who have fast tracked sports clubs and boys clubs into 5th tier to make up the numbers, hardly anyone watches them.

So, my posts are much maligned by the pro pyramid squad, but are also misinterpreted. I would welcome a proper pyramid. I consider my club would find their true level within it and be of great value to it. However at the moment the system promotes and retains clubs way above their station, and blocks clubs who have huge resources and support and in actual fact is the complete opposite of the, much vaunted, pyramid philosophy.  I am very vocal because of the preposterous nature of this and the never ending stream of acolytes who promote  what we have as the way forward.

It's not your posts as some of it is really worth rating, but quit making new threads and concentrate on the one.

 

Make one new thread and make it yours so that way you dont come across like a man in a mission to convert us all to your thinking.

 

Things are changing and it's about time the sjfa up their game to change it for the better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, drs said:

Junior clubs chose not to be part of the pyramid

When?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

au contraire my man, I welcome debate. However what has happened is that those who vehemently defend the pyramid system seem to think I am equally vehemently against it. Not at all, a proper fair sensible pyramid  system that helps create a vibrant non league scene would be great. The trouble is, what we have is an unadulterated shambles littered with anomaly and frankly is discriminatory. There is nothing sensible about it, but some just won't concede the fact that it is a shambles.

Just to recap on some of the ludicrous aspects, we have two Junior teams who have been granted a club licence and remain Junior, no other Junior club can have this privilege. Junior clubs from the north can't be in the pyramid, Junior clubs from the west can but only if they join the SOS league which is completely out the question. We have 5th  grade teams in the HL who wouldn't compete in a half decent Sunday league, and 6th tier clubs in the EOS and SOS of a similar standard. Some clubs who are in comparison giants are placed beneath them and have no pathway to change this. Equally clubs of Sunday league standard stay 5th or 6th tier. We have a 5th tier LL who have fast tracked sports clubs and boys clubs into 5th tier to make up the numbers, hardly anyone watches them.

So, my posts are much maligned by the pro pyramid squad, but are also misinterpreted. I would welcome a proper pyramid. I consider my club would find their true level within it and be of great value to it. However at the moment the system promotes and retains clubs way above their station, and blocks clubs who have huge resources and support and in actual fact is the complete opposite of the, much vaunted, pyramid philosophy.  I am very vocal because of the preposterous nature of this and the never ending stream of acolytes who promote  what we have as the way forward.

You are correct regarding the way the current league set up is its a cluster f**k for sure. The parts where you belittle other teams for having a licence (you had plenty time)and teams in the lowland,   your club had the option but chose not too,  you now know that change is happening and your greetin like a spoilt brat it's no fare why should my club go under them were the biggest club in auchinleck. 

That about sums up your post in a much shorter and clearer way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2018 at 09:56, LongTimeLurker said:

You get mixed messages from the Talbot posters that are or have been involved with their regeneration committee on here. Another guy that posts a lot has said a WoS league whets the appetite for a move in a way the SoS league does not.

That would have been me. I spoke to a number of Talbot fans at the game on Saturday and like me they are not against a pyramid system, but all agree that it must be right for the clubs. The only logical way I see it is if they moved the West of Scotland Juniors lock stock and barrell into the same grading as the SOL and EOSL with a play off to see who progresses into the LL. Clubs in the West are frightened to move individually because there is nowhere to go but the SOL as the SFA already intimated when we tried to get our license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 18:03, Isabel Goudie said:

On the mind benders again Burnie? 

Just illustrating the reality of being in a Pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

You are correct regarding the way the current league set up is its a cluster f**k for sure. The parts where you belittle other teams for having a licence (you had plenty time)and teams in the lowland,   your club had the option but chose not too,  you now know that change is happening and your greetin like a spoilt brat it's no fare why should my club go under them were the biggest club in auchinleck. 

That about sums up your post in a much shorter and clearer way.

I always had you down for being a rocket but you certainly correct about the comment I have highlighted in bold writing. I think your weekend tramping the Slope trying to remove the crashing bottle from the pitch as you slump to another poor result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

au contraire my man, I welcome debate. However what has happened is that those who vehemently defend the pyramid system seem to think I am equally vehemently against it. Not at all, a proper fair sensible pyramid  system that helps create a vibrant non league scene would be great. The trouble is, what we have is an unadulterated shambles littered with anomaly and frankly is discriminatory. There is nothing sensible about it, but some just won't concede the fact that it is a shambles.

Just to recap on some of the ludicrous aspects, we have two Junior teams who have been granted a club licence and remain Junior, no other Junior club can have this privilege. Junior clubs from the north can't be in the pyramid, Junior clubs from the west can but only if they join the SOS league which is completely out the question. We have 5th  grade teams in the HL who wouldn't compete in a half decent Sunday league, and 6th tier clubs in the EOS and SOS of a similar standard. Some clubs who are in comparison giants are placed beneath them and have no pathway to change this. Equally clubs of Sunday league standard stay 5th or 6th tier. We have a 5th tier LL who have fast tracked sports clubs and boys clubs into 5th tier to make up the numbers, hardly anyone watches them.

So, my posts are much maligned by the pro pyramid squad, but are also misinterpreted. I would welcome a proper pyramid. I consider my club would find their true level within it and be of great value to it. However at the moment the system promotes and retains clubs way above their station, and blocks clubs who have huge resources and support and in actual fact is the complete opposite of the, much vaunted, pyramid philosophy.  I am very vocal because of the preposterous nature of this and the never ending stream of acolytes who promote  what we have as the way forward.

Here's an idea, get Talbot to lead the way on establishing a WoSFL along with like minded clubs.  That would balance the Pyramid and allow you to become Licenced.

You'd be happy with that, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

I always had you down for being a rocket but you certainly correct about the comment I have highlighted in bold writing. I think your weekend tramping the Slope trying to remove the crashing bottle from the pitch as you slump to another poor result.

Last time I looked beith sat above you in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kenny131 said:

Last time I looked beith sat above you in the league.

But we are the best team in Auchinleck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

But we are the best team in Auchinleck.

There is no disputing that any team that signs tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson has to be....haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is no disputing that any team that signs tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson has to be....haha
Can't understand why some clown(s) would do that type of damage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

There is no disputing that any team that signs tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson has to be....haha

So you condone vandalism at Beechwood? You think its funny that a club has forked out a fortune on upkeep on their pitch only for it to be vandalised and you and your idiotic friend find it funny? What a a fecking rocket. To you readers that don't know the story some person or persons broke into our ground and proceeded to dig it up with golf clubs. This seems to have caused a bit of mirth with our two Beith chums. But what can you expect from two clowns who take great delight in singing about Thatcher just because she put a lot of East Ayrshire people on the dole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

You are correct regarding the way the current league set up is its a cluster f**k for sure. The parts where you belittle other teams for having a licence (you had plenty time)and teams in the lowland,   your club had the option but chose not too,  you now know that change is happening and your greetin like a spoilt brat it's no fare why should my club go under them were the biggest club in auchinleck. 

That about sums up your post in a much shorter and clearer way.

In the name of debate I will dignify that with a response, although I do suspect it will be in vain. I am pointing out that allowing any Junior club a licence whilst blocking others can't be right, nothing to do with belittling club's, it is one of many discrepancies in the whole shambles. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Here's an idea, get Talbot to lead the way on establishing a WoSFL along with like minded clubs.  That would balance the Pyramid and allow you to become Licenced.

You'd be happy with that, yes?

No it probably wouldn't because that would be another snout in the SFA trough. We have already had the goalposts moved concerning a licence, who to say it won't happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dipple burn said:

No it probably wouldn't because that would be another snout in the SFA trough. We have already had the goalposts moved concerning a licence, who to say it won't happen again.

Well, Talbot wont know if they dont try.   There are vocal Talbot fans/committee complaining about the flawed Pyramid and lack of West League to go into in order to secure a Licence (I agree), but will they be speaking to their club about leading the way and/or joining with other clubs to try and get one in place, and if not why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×