West Juniors

4 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Dalkeith pissing off to some obscure league is hardly the end of the Juniors.

Aye, cos they'll be the last eh.  I can see the Juniors ending up being some rump of clubs in Ayrshire and the Weege holding out to the bitter end shouting "Junior Cup Junior Cup" whilst everyone else gets on with just being fitba clubs along with awe the other fitba clubs in the same leagues

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Aye, cos they'll be the last eh.  I can see the Juniors ending up being some rump of clubs in Ayrshire and the Weege holding out to the bitter end shouting "Junior Cup Junior Cup" whilst everyone else gets on with just being fitba clubs along with awe the other fitba clubs in the same leagues

Are you really that bothered?

Its still all the fault of the SFA for not setting up a WoS league, its shocking that all the junior teams in the west dont a completely empty league system to move over to when they feel like applying for an SFA license, even though they have had years to do it.

I also love the Dalkeith are jumping the queue to get above the other junior clubs, not they are not queue jumping, the rest are being left behind.

As has been said, the option of the SoS league is open to all in the west, and to be fair I dont see why some of the Ayrshire Juniors dont give it a shot. For Auchinleck, Glenafton and Cumnock, your 5 minutes from Nithsdale, Bonnyton is 30 minutes away, and the furthest trips are Stranraer and Annan which is an hour and a half tops. But as has been said if there was a core of 6 or 7 teams decided on mass to move over to the SoS league, Im sure they would split the league into D&G and Strathclyde regions, or you could set up your own WoS league.

I would love it though if either Kello or Craigmark made the jump to the SoS league, just for the shits and giggles

33 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Are you really that bothered?

I'm not bothered about those who will be left behind its their choice but I like the idea of all non league clubs in Scotland being in the same system just like England and most of the rest of the world.

20 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Its still all the fault of the SFA for not setting up a WoS league, its shocking that all the junior teams in the west dont a completely empty league system to move over to when they feel like applying for an SFA license, even though they have had years to do it.

I also love the Dalkeith are jumping the queue to get above the other junior clubs, not they are not queue jumping, the rest are being left behind.

As has been said, the option of the SoS league is open to all in the west, and to be fair I dont see why some of the Ayrshire Juniors dont give it a shot. For Auchinleck, Glenafton and Cumnock, your 5 minutes from Nithsdale, Bonnyton is 30 minutes away, and the furthest trips are Stranraer and Annan which is an hour and a half tops. But as has been said if there was a core of 6 or 7 teams decided on mass to move over to the SoS league, Im sure they would split the league into D&G and Strathclyde regions, or you could set up your own WoS league.

I would love it though if either Kello or Craigmark made the jump to the SoS league, just for the shits and giggles

Because they would get fed up winning 10/11/12  nil every week

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Dalkeith pissing off to some obscure league is hardly the end of the Juniors.

Its not an obscure league - its a senior league that sits above every single Junior league in Scotland.  By next season Dalkeith will be looking in the rear view mirror to see minnows if the Scottish game like St Rochs.

You, Isa and Santheman are just embarrassing yourselves with your stuck in the 1950s attitude and everything was peachy attitude.

**NEWSFLASH** the world has changed, Junior football is dying on its arse. Clubs like Larkhall and St Rochs probably wont be around in a decade unless there is major change and if you are in any way representative of the fanbase of those clubs then its no shock that your clubs will be focussed on winning the Central League Cup whilst the likes of Kelty and Dalkeith can look forward to being in a merit based pyramid, access to the real Scottish Cup every single year, funding and development opportunities available to licenced clubs and indeed they could even play in European football. You support a football club so why on earth would you not want that club to progress as far as it possibly can in the Scottish game?

57 minutes ago, santheman said:

Because they would get fed up winning 10/11/12  nil every week

Its only one season, then you are in the lowland league, and if you were that bothered why not request to play in all the junior cups? Alternatively why not register a team in both. Top team stays in the juniors for a season, while you put your reserves in the SoS, which you should win at a canter if its that easy

58 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Its not an obscure league - its a senior league that sits above every single Junior league in Scotland.  By next season Dalkeith will be looking in the rear view mirror to see minnows if the Scottish game like St Rochs.

You, Isa and Santheman are just embarrassing yourselves with your stuck in the 1950s attitude and everything was peachy attitude.

**NEWSFLASH** the world has changed, Junior football is dying on its arse. Clubs like Larkhall and St Rochs probably wont be around in a decade unless there is major change and if you are in any way representative of the fanbase of those clubs then its no shock that your clubs will be focussed on winning the Central League Cup whilst the likes of Kelty and Dalkeith can look forward to being in a merit based pyramid, access to the real Scottish Cup every single year, funding and development opportunities available to licenced clubs and indeed they could even play in European football. You support a football club so why on earth would you not want that club to progress as far as it possibly can in the Scottish game?

And if you don't get out the EoS league or some dream team West Lowland League division 7, then what? But hey your in the Senior Scottish Cup along with 160+ ex Junior teams. And your bumped out the big Scottish in the first week in July, yippee. Pyramid great brilliant if your a Pollok or the top six in Ayrshire. But for the rest of us it would be just a change of name of the league. I don't get the advantages for the bottom end of the Juniors. Are the SFA willing to cut the cake money wise into hundreds of pieces. 

38 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Ironic coming from someone with a 70's TV character as a username but never mind.

Clubs like St Rochs and Larkhall wont be round in 10 years., really?  You must know something we don't, perhaps you can enlighten us. 

We've been around since 1878 and done quite well thank you .Boys teams from u 5's up to 21's and an Amateur side.  St Rochs  (1920) who have made more advances on and off the park in the last 3 years than most clubs and are now  a true Community club.  I would  be more than confident to say that both clubs will be around  for a long while yet.

I think you'll find that the people you mention in such a disparaging way have no objections to a Pyramid in principle, just not in it's present form,  but of course that doesn't fit into your neat little spreadsheet. 

If you think  insulting like minded posters who don't share your vision of the future  and coming away with  generalised comments about how we will all die a slow and lingering death  if we don't join the promised land is going to endear us to your way of thinking then I'm afraid you're way off the mark.

59 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Its only one season, then you are in the lowland league, and if you were that bothered why not request to play in all the junior cups? Alternatively why not register a team in both. Top team stays in the juniors for a season, while you put your reserves in the SoS, which you should win at a canter if its that easy

If Auchinleck Glenafton and Cumnock all applied to join the SoS it would be at least 2 seasons (or possibly 3) before all 3 progressed to the LL

They wouldn't be a Junior team anymore.

10 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

And if you don't get out the EoS league or some dream team West Lowland League division 7, then what? But hey your in the Senior Scottish Cup along with 160+ ex Junior teams. And your bumped out the big Scottish in the first week in July, yippee. Pyramid great brilliant if your a Pollok or the top six in Ayrshire. But for the rest of us it would be just a change of name of the league. I don't get the advantages for the bottom end of the Juniors. Are the SFA willing to cut the cake money wise into hundreds of pieces. 

The part in bold is exactly the point, for the majority of clubs nothing much will change, except for the chance to enter the Senior Scottish, prize money / handouts from the SFA, proper fixture lists, and instead of the East / West Superleague being the best you could dream off as a club or supporter, there is the opportunity that one day you could be playing European football. Granted that is probably a pipe dream for most, but there would be nothing stopping a club emulating ICT or Ross County for example

8 minutes ago, santheman said:

I think you'll find that the people you mention in such a disparaging way have no objections to a Pyramid in principle, just not in it's present form,  but of course that doesn't fit into your neat little spreadsheet.

I've seen this mentioned regularly by Isa and now you and a few others, what exactly are you expecting to happen as you sit back and tut and moan from the sidelines?

The SFA are not going to be pro-active in providing the clubs in Glasgow and Ayrshire with what you want (wrongly), the SJFA are not going to be pro-active at coming up with a solution either (wrongly), so what's left is the clubs themselves doing something about it.  BSC for example are offering a way of setting up a new league to facilitate clubs in the west gaining access to the Pyramid and a Licence, are your club going to engage with them in this process when they reveal more detail?

I don't think you, or Isa, or any of the other "die hard" Juniors want change, you'd rather the whole thing went away and you can get back to your own wee world.

5 minutes ago, honestly united said:

The part in bold is exactly the point, for the majority of clubs nothing much will change, except for the chance to enter the Senior Scottish, prize money / handouts from the SFA, proper fixture lists, and instead of the East / West Superleague being the best you could dream off as a club or supporter, there is the opportunity that one day you could be playing European football. Granted that is probably a pipe dream for most, but there would be nothing stopping a club emulating ICT or Ross County for example

So you see the Senior leagues welcoming a cut in payouts to cater for a 160 ex Junior teams joining the ranks.

So you see the Senior leagues welcoming a cut in payouts to cater for a 160 ex Junior teams joining the ranks.
If that's what it takes yes and it's not really up to them , it's up to the hierarchy at the SFA to decide these things .

3 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

The payments are from the SFA not the SPFL, the league clubs would have much as a say as every other full member on how the money is divided.

2 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Why would 160 Junior clubs joining the Pyramid cut payouts?   Those clubs who hold an SFA Licence receive payments, not all clubs in the Pyramid are Licenced and do you really see all 160 clubs becoming Licenced, let alone in a short period of time?  Just more mis-information, and 160 clubs wont be joining the Pyramid en-masse anyway, not if the SJFA have anything to do with it.

So even in this disaster scenario with no SFA payments/prize money in early rounds it turns out you are absolutely no worse off than you were, just you now potentially can get a good cup run (say far enough to be playing Spfl sides) where you can earn significantly more, (fortunes compared to what you have ever earned up until now) your now on a level footing with others when applying for grants and most probably will result in the shake up of the administration that your currently ruled by.

But it's just a change in name... (which doesn't explain why you should even object to it)

Archived