Dalkeith, next Junior giant to take the plunge.

18 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

LTHV are paying more than most premier teams and are miles in front of Dalkeith on the playing front so are kelty and if both these teams were in the premier they would be at the top. 3 teams can go up from the premier but only 1 to EOS so personally I think there is less chance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But have they started on their license yet...... 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

LTHV are paying more than most premier teams and are miles in front of Dalkeith on the playing front so are kelty and if both these teams were in the premier they would be at the top. 3 teams can go up from the premier but only 1 to EOS so personally I think there is less chance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They're looking at 2 down from LL next season I believe. 

LTHV nowhere near some Premier clubs on pay... 

43 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Isa what's yer obsession wi crowds? 

Love them, big football crowds are the dogs!

My Irvine chum was I think suggesting that stepping up would boost gates, he used Annan as a gauge, my suspicion is that  this might be myth and was just backing up my argument with a wee bit of research, as you do!;)

4 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

My Irvine chum was I think suggesting that stepping up would boost gates, he used Annan as a gauge, my suspicion is that  this might be myth and was just backing up my argument with a wee bit of research, as you do!;)

Annan were getting aboot 50 in the EoSFL though so I'd say that's a substantial increase  did you research that ;)

Edinburgh City crowds are well up as well, a wee bit research there sees a pattern developing :whistle 

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Annan were getting aboot 50 in the EoSFL though so I'd say that's a substantial increase  did you research that ;)

Edinburgh City crowds are well up as well, a wee bit research there sees a pattern developing :whistle 

What's your obsession with crowds? Can I suggest that in both cases novelty is a factor. Edinburgh City?  lets not go there, literally!

Just now, Isabel Goudie said:

What's your obsession with crowds? Can I suggest that in both cases novelty is a factor. Edinburgh City?  lets not go there, literally!

I have absolutely no obsession wi crowds I've always said if a club is run properly and can manage finances correctly then Where's the problem :thumsup2

Novelty :lol:

Tell me how many years now is it that  Annan have been an SPFL club :blink:

4 hours ago, pie n beans said:

Unless Dalkeith have a lot of new players coming in next season they won't go up, they are not better than Kelty, LTHV, Leith , with only 1 team going up they remain in the EOS, the spectator level may not be great in the juniors but its a hell of a lot better than the EOS where most teams are followed by 1 man and his dog.

What's the average crowd at Tweedmouth? And what's the average crowd at a bottom tier East Junior team?

55 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I thought the dogs only turned up when there was one other person in attendance?

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What's the average crowd at Tweedmouth? And what's the average crowd at a bottom tier East Junior team?

I've only been there once - as it happened the game I was at coincided with the EoS/LL groundhop last year. Although it wasn't officially part of it, apparently quite a few refugees from there turned up at the game and boosted the crowd to maybe 50-60, which the home side seemed delighted with.

35 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

Not sure of South division but armadale west Calder pumphy Oakley do ok

Our average last season in the South Division was 90  home, 77  away, although the away crowds were boosted by the Championship game at Dunbar getting around 270, and the promotion game at West Calder 120. Best at home was 216 v Pumpherston and 115 v Stoneyburn.

Those are headcounts based on people watching the game, not actual number of paying fans.  There were 5 away games of less than 50.

On 1/15/2018 at 06:21, Unknown Fan said:

That would be incorrect though teams like you own Linlithgow, Talbot or Pollok, could end up being as successful as the likes of Alloa, Brechin or Dumbarton if they joined the pyramid at the 6th Tier.  

Any Junior or Amateur league team equally stands at an unofficial tier 7 at the moment.

There is no Tier 7, so that's a matter of opinion.

On 1/15/2018 at 08:48, Burnie_man said:

By who's measure?

By facts. There is no Tier 7 and clearly some Junior teams are better than many in Tiers 5 and 6.

However much some people want to talk down the Juniors, it's a matter of fact that they're not in the pyramid so they can't accurately be described as below Tier 6.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:01, HTG said:

Gordon, it's definitely not parallel. If it were parallel, licenced junior teams like ourselves would come in to the Scottish Cup at the same stage as Rothes. We don't because we're operating in an environment which is officially seen as inferior to the pyramid leagues. You can argue (and evidence) that playing standards at the top end are of St least comparable quality but that's all.  As long as junior football stands apart, it is a lower level. 

No, it is a matter of fact, not opinion, that the Juniors are not below Tier 6, because they're not part of the set-up at all. Newton Stewart did not somehow magically become elevated in status because the SPFL opened up a play-off from the Highland and Lowland Leagues.

You could only say Tier 6 was above the SJFA if Tier 6 clubs regularly beat the top Juniors in the Scottish Cup, but they very clearly don't. There's obviously an overlap, and so they are parallel.

I don't understand the need to pretend these facts don't exist in order to criticise the Juniors.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:27, Jambo'ness said:

Parallel?  No.

An unlikely scenario, I grant you but at present, a team in the EoSL could get into the SPFL, then climb the ladder and ultimately qualify for European competition.

Now, remind me what the ceiling is for junior teams?

The ceiling for Junior teams is winning the Champions League. Think about it.

Anyway, Newton Stewart weren't suddenly elevated in status just because the SPFL opened up a play-off. All it means is that they are in the lowest echelons of a pyramid, while there are clearly many very superior clubs not in that pyramid. 

It's a matter of fact, not opinion, that they are parallel. You could only argue against that if you could say that Tier 6 was better than the top of the Juniors. Would you like to try to make that case?

Archived