Dalkeith, next Junior giant to take the plunge.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Che Dail said:

Caustic. Adjective: Sarcastic in a scathing and bitter way.

Great to see the thesaurus is working out for you ;) 

Ach, if I didn't know any better I would think it is your life mission to catch me out. I was using the term more from the burning stinging source of expression. I'm sure that your thesaurus will literally explain everything for you. As for me, I consider that using such aids in a completely literal fashion is counter productive in regards to expression, I therefore respectfully suggest that bitter and caustic have different connotations in this context .:thumsup2

Never bitter!

1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:

From what I can see nobody is talking much about the North clubs and as for the West they have it within their power to go and do something about it and get themselves a league to go to. BSC have set the ball rolling and apparently have received responses about forming a West of Scotland League.  There’s nae point harping on and on about it and slagging other clubs, if you really want to be involved go and do something about it. I’m sure Clydebank and BSC will help you and I'm sure the SFA will be all ears.

Ah, so feck the north clubs in this wonderful all encompassing pyramid. Great forward thinking Hamish, has your moustache got in your eyes?

7 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ach, if I didn't know any better I would think it is your life mission to catch me out. I was using the term more from the burning stinging source of expression. I'm sure that your thesaurus will literally explain everything for you. As for me, I consider that using such aids in a completely literal fashion is counter productive in regards to expression, I therefore respectfully suggest that bitter and caustic have different connotations in this context .:thumsup2

Never bitter!

Great reply, ha! Sorry, I'll cease the nippy diction trolling and contribute properly to the thread later x

Never bitter, but pretty harsh and unfair maybe?

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ah, so feck the north clubs in this wonderful all encompassing pyramid. Great forward thinking Hamish, has your moustache got in your eyes?

Who said feck the North clubs? thats right, nobody because they arent being discussed. Their only option is to tag onto the bottom of the Highland League everybody knows that so its not really a point for discussion.

What about answering the wee point I made about west Juniors helping to sort out a west league.

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

That does seem to be the SJFA's line. The minutes from a committee meeting in November just completely ignored the issue with trying to integrate them.

The Highland League should be removed from the pyramid for their stance on this. It may have changed but a significant number of clubs didn't want to be part of something with forced promotion so they may be happy enough to step out. 

I'm a massive fan of the pyramid but the SFA are operating with a big baboon arse being shown to their members. Their position of refusing licences in the south whilst not making it possible to join the pyramid in the north is an utter disgrace. 

You have to assume that their failure to do anything to make the pyramid work in the west and north of the country is because they don't really want a pyramid at all. They want to appease UEFA or FIFA without the risk of their existing 42 league clubs being too heavily impacted. 

The SFA have been utterly dreadful on this matter. The SJFA don't care as they're protecting themselves. The former EoS clubs who formed the pyramid don't care because they don't get the competition bringing west teams in would cause. 

Everyone looking after their own wee patch and f**k everyone else. It's Scottish football in a nutshell and has been since the dawn of time. No wonder we qualify for f**k all.

33 minutes ago, Dunc the drunk said:

Wrong move by Dalkeith in my opinion as they are in a bad way financially. 

Do you know something the club doesnt

What a slaver you are, the user name makes plenty sense now Dunc the drunk for everyone’s sake stay off the drink for a while

On 14/01/2018 at 19:26, Sunrise said:

£5 at Dalbeattie v Gretna 2008 last month - and £1 for a programme (crowd roughly 100).

More expensive was £8.80 in Cairn Lodge Services for a sausage chips and beans...!

My understanding is BSC charge £3 for a programme though?

BSC programmes are £2

1 hour ago, Dunc the drunk said:

Wrong move by Dalkeith in my opinion as they are in a bad way financially. 

And you know this how?

If we were in a bad way financially (we aren't) - explain why would we better off staying in the Juniors?

The Highland League should be removed from the pyramid for their stance on this. It may have changed but a significant number of clubs didn't want to be part of something with forced promotion so they may be happy enough to step out. 
I'm a massive fan of the pyramid but the SFA are operating with a big baboon arse being shown to their members. Their position of refusing licences in the south whilst not making it possible to join the pyramid in the north is an utter disgrace. 
You have to assume that their failure to do anything to make the pyramid work in the west and north of the country is because they don't really want a pyramid at all. They want to appease UEFA or FIFA without the risk of their existing 42 league clubs being too heavily impacted. 
The SFA have been utterly dreadful on this matter. The SJFA don't care as they're protecting themselves. The former EoS clubs who formed the pyramid don't care because they don't get the competition bringing west teams in would cause. 
Everyone looking after their own wee patch and f**k everyone else. It's Scottish football in a nutshell and has been since the dawn of time. No wonder we qualify for f**k all.

We don't know what the Highland League's stance on joining is as it's not yet been attempted by any club since licensing came in. Only when Banks o' Dee or Golspie make moves, unlikely as it is, will we see what the league does.

My gut feeling is that the HFL would admit any team who applied and was eligible. Otherwise, I suspect the SFA would go for the previously planned Highland Regional Division, formed from interested teams and take its place in the pyramid. No one has called the league's bluff yet...

Unless Dalkeith have a lot of new players coming in next season they won't go up, they are not better than Kelty, LTHV, Leith , with only 1 team going up they remain in the EOS, the spectator level may not be great in the juniors but its a hell of a lot better than the EOS where most teams are followed by 1 man and his dog.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 15:35, .Stuart. said:

games against the likes of Queens Park wouldnt be £16.

Incidentally, Annan massively increased their crowds when they moved from non-league to the SPFL. 

Annan get crowds in the 300 according  to their website, not great is it? Hope this isn't a massive increase you allude to.

1 hour ago, pie n beans said:

Unless Dalkeith have a lot of new players coming in next season they won't go up, they are not better than Kelty, LTHV, Leith , with only 1 team going up they remain in the EOS, the spectator level may not be great in the juniors but its a hell of a lot better than the EOS where most teams are followed by 1 man and his dog.

More chance of getting promoted to lowland league than they currently have of getting to superleague.  

They have more chance of competing with LTHV and Leith  financially than some of the teams in the premier league,  Tranent  springs to mind.

Additional attraction of the big Scottish - it could be a good move for them, assuming they get their licence.

Drunk Dunc - I think you have Dalkeith confused with Nitten!!!

LTHV are paying more than most premier teams and are miles in front of Dalkeith on the playing front so are kelty and if both these teams were in the premier they would be at the top. 3 teams can go up from the premier but only 1 to EOS so personally I think there is less chance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived