Dalkeith, next Junior giant to take the plunge.

No disrespect meant to Alloa, Brechin, Dumbarton or any other club by my previous post, I just wouldn't want Pollok to swap places with them.
Smaller league with a reduced range of opponents, some away fixtures (especially midweek ones) to places too far to realistically travel to,  no serious chance of winning most or all of the competitions taken part in ... no thanks.

You talk about midweek games like they’re a frequent event, I’ve just been through my teams fixture list for the entire season and we have 3 league games mid week. Ayr United, East Fife (2 Jan) so not a working day and a rearranged game against Albion Rovers after a weather cancellation. So that’s really 2 games in 36, 1 home and 1 away

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, archieb said:

no serious chance of winning most or all of the competitions taken part in ... no thanks.

And there ladies and gentlemen is the crux of the matter for some clubs - being Senior and being national isn't as important as winning the Sectional League Cup.

For fans of smaller clubs being in competitions you cant win is part of the appeal, the prospect of just once punching above your weight and beating a bigger club. On your basis the likes of West Calder and St Rochs shouldn't enter the Junior Cup as they have no serious chance of winning it. Madness.

1 hour ago, archieb said:

No disrespect meant to Alloa, Brechin, Dumbarton or any other club by my previous post, I just wouldn't want Pollok to swap places with them.

Smaller league with a reduced range of opponents, some away fixtures (especially midweek ones) to places too far to realistically travel to,  no serious chance of winning most or all of the competitions taken part in ... no thanks.

What I WOULD like to see is a level playing field for ALL clubs, that is:

Whether it's a pyramid, a cube, a cylinder or a cone, a single interconnected system of leagues that all football clubs play in at whatever level is appropriate to their circumstances and their level of success.

Equal access to central financial support to assist in improving facilities.

National knockout competitions equivalent to the English FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase that are open to all clubs that meet agreed criteria.

An administration that promotes and sells the game at all levels, that listens to the clubs, facilitates dialogue between them and operates in their interests.

Archieb I like your posts very well put across and agree with 90% of it. Only bit I disagree with is the 1st part. Of all the clubs in the west Pollok in my opinion have the most to gain and out of all the juniors when we do make the jump I see pollok being the 1st team from the west to really make an impact. Your ground, location, fan Base I think the foundations are there to get the correct sponsorship and be the 1st junior team to make it into the spfl when we do all jump.

3 hours ago, drs said:

And there ladies and gentlemen is the crux of the matter for some clubs - being Senior and being national isn't as important as winning the Sectional League Cup.

For fans of smaller clubs being in competitions you cant win is part of the appeal, the prospect of just once punching above your weight and beating a bigger club. On your basis the likes of West Calder and St Rochs shouldn't enter the Junior Cup as they have no serious chance of winning it. Madness.

We've never won a bean, maybe we should have given up years ago!

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We've never won a bean, maybe we should have given up years ago!

No maybe you should have bettered yourself. We were the worst team in Ayrshire for two decades, a bit of hard work and belief and you could have been up there with us.

No maybe you should have bettered yourself. We were the worst team in Ayrshire for two decades, a bit of hard work and belief and you could have been up there with us.
It's not as simple as just being able to better yourself though , not every club have got the dedicated committee that Talbot have nor the support of surrounding areas like mauchline , catrine , ochiltree etc plus a very strong and healthy support from auchinleck , Talbot deserved to be where they are but not every club has the infrastructure and dedicated people in numbers behind the scenes.

26 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

We have, and with a hard work and belief we have a new modern ground, part of a successful and growing community club, and promotion to the Premierleague.  Still haven't won anything yet. We try, but it's not the be all and end all. We are small fry in the Junior world surrounded 8 other clubs in a 7 or 8 mile mile radius.

8 minutes ago, theshed said:
19 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

It's not as simple as just being able to better yourself though , not every club have got the dedicated committee that Talbot have nor the support of surrounding areas like mauchline , catrine , ochiltree etc plus a very strong and healthy support from auchinleck , Talbot deserved to be where they are but not every club has the infrastructure and dedicated people in numbers behind the scenes.

So where did the dedicated committee come from, did we bus them in from somewhere. Like every club you have to attract people to show an interest however it was the burning down of our clubhouse that rallied the troops. If clubs can't attract workers and helpers then they will never flourish.

2 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

So where did the dedicated committee come from, did we bus them in from somewhere. Like every club you have to attract people to show an interest however it was the burning down of our clubhouse that rallied the troops. If clubs can't attract workers and helpers then they will never flourish.

............where did I put those matches.........

I agree with you 100 percent but Talbot are in a minority in the juniors with how well they're ran , they're a role model but lots of clubs do struggle to get by never mind bettering themselves .

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

That's true, he's gone again.....

I`ve been far too busy out with Stewarty racking up the old expenses and talking about the new Scotland manager...................in between times I`ve been laughing whilst reading all the other threads which are basically full of guys from the East telling everybody how great the pyramid is and Juniors are dying and need to integrate etc etc etc... and all these teams in the West are backward and holding everyone back. The guys from Kelty have made the jump and it`s as if they`re starting to get lonely out on their limb now....they`re never off the aforementioned threads ffs.....  

3 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

I`ve been far too busy out with Stewarty racking up the old expenses and talking about the new Scotland manager...................in between times I`ve been laughing whilst reading all the other threads which are basically full of guys from the East telling everybody how great the pyramid is and Juniors are dying and need to integrate etc etc etc... and all these teams in the West are backward and holding everyone back. The guys from Kelty have made the jump and it`s as if they`re starting to get lonely out on their limb now....they`re never off the aforementioned threads ffs.....  

Well the floor is now yours, get your thread up and let's debate it. It's more important than the Scotland manager.

10 hours ago, GLESGABOY said:

Great response, Your obviously brighter than the regular guy on the street and smarter than “these full of guys from the East/Kelty.”

We were all waiting on you posting your vision, predictable though you were about as late as the SJFA weekend fixtures.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:02, Isabel Goudie said:

So the much talked about move of another big east Junior club upping sticks and off to the land of milk and honey has been unveiled, Dalkeith!  

No disrespect to them but they never made much impression in the Juniors so why move? They will I'm sure forward the usual standard statement about ambition, moving on to bigger and better things. Ironic isn't it? They might now actually win something. Did I hear someone shout OXYMORON! :P

Even by your standard Isa thats a fairly bitter post mate.

Well done to Dalkeith for having the baws to make the move. Others will follow them no doubt about it and when Auchinleck are in a rump of clubs left clinging to 'ra Juniors you'll still be shouting they're awe wrong.

12 hours ago, GLESGABOY said:

untitled_drawing_by_engine97-d8ucj37.png

2 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Even by your standard Isa thats a fairly bitter post mate.

Well done to Dalkeith for having the baws to make the move. Others will follow them no doubt about it and when Auchinleck are in a rump of clubs left clinging to 'ra Juniors you'll still be shouting they're awe wrong.

You are entitled to your opinion, I would say its more caustic than bitter. However, no matter your opinion there is a lot of truth in my post.  The rump of clubs you mention would be all clubs in the North and West who really don’t have an option. But are unfairly criticised for sticking. 

Don’t you think that with all this, firstly EOS and SOS getting the pyramid they wanted and now East Juniors jumping on with an I’m alright Jack attitude. Whilst criticising Juniors from the North and particularly the west for not taking up what would be for them a really shit deal. The hypocrisy of the pyramiders criticising my stance is pungent! 

10 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

You are entitled to your opinion, I would say its more caustic than bitter. However, no matter your opinion there is a lot of truth in my post.  The rump of clubs you mention would be all clubs in the North and West who really don’t have an option. But are unfairly criticised for sticking. 

Don’t you think that with all this, firstly EOS and SOS getting the pyramid they wanted and now East Juniors jumping on with an I’m alright Jack attitude. Whilst criticising Juniors from the North and particularly the west for not taking up what would be for them a really shit deal. The hypocrisy of the pyramiders criticising my stance is pungent! 

From what I can see nobody is talking much about the North clubs and as for the West they have it within their power to go and do something about it and get themselves a league to go to. BSC have set the ball rolling and apparently have received responses about forming a West of Scotland League.  There’s nae point harping on and on about it and slagging other clubs, if you really want to be involved go and do something about it. I’m sure Clydebank and BSC will help you and I'm sure the SFA will be all ears.

Archived