Dalkeith, next Junior giant to take the plunge.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Most clubs where membership and game entry are separate membership fees are minimal. Ive seen for Stranraer it's £15 IIRC for others it's similar, the majority of the fee pollok fans pay is for the 'season ticket' aspect, and they don't get value for money IMO

Fwiw I suspect most members aren't doing so on a cost benefit analysis so are maybe happy enough to give their club additional financial support, but this is also true of season ticket holders up and down the country.

I wasn't disagreeing, just clarifying the situation.

There was a move to introduce "proper" season  tickets for this season in parallel with membership, but it was decided to defer for a year with the prospect of reconstruction coming in.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Surely that isn't a problem, its not as if your teams is going to be playing them any time soon.

Stranraer are averaging an attendance of over 500 every game at that price, what are St Rochs attendances like when they are charging a third of that?

They are also in serious financial trouble (again). I doubt St Rochs are.

There must be some mistake though as according to this thread being licensed is as good as being able to print money

7 minutes ago, theshed said:
20 minutes ago, Glenconner said:
Last time i was in Stranraer they played in a public park.

Must have been ages ago as they've now got a ground that's way better than any junior ground .

It's a joke - it IS in a public park. You have to walk / drive through the park to get to the turnstiles. I really like Stair Park to visit.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.9036501,-5.0131563,3a,75y,172.88h,82.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sr8vRXmhQJ4iSrFifhb7XpQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

6 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

They are also in serious financial trouble (again). I doubt St Rochs are.

There must be some mistake though as according to this thread being licensed is as good as being able to print money

About 10 years ago, Stranraer were running a wage bill of about about double your normal Superleague side's. As I understand it, the financial trouble they're in is about avoiding it rather than having to get out of it. They are safe enough from the drop and therefore were able to put the entire squad up for sale to try and cut costs. I have seen it suggested that one of the issues this year was an early exit from the Scottish Cup.

1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

£5 at Dalbeattie v Gretna 2008 last month - and £1 for a programme (crowd roughly 100).

More expensive was £8.80 in Cairn Lodge Services for a sausage chips and beans...!

My understanding is BSC charge £3 for a programme though?

They did in some Scottish Cup ties but now down to £2 this season.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Surely that isn't a problem, its not as if your teams is going to be playing them any time soon.

Stranraer are averaging an attendance of over 500 every game at that price, what are St Rochs attendances like when they are charging a third of that?

That's because  there's f--k all else to do or go to on  a Saturday in Stranraer 

5 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Would Pollok get bigger crowds if punters had to start paying £16 to watch the likes of Annan?

League 2 prices for this season are

Annan - £12

Berwick - £12

Clyde - £13

Cowdenbeath - £12

Edinburgh City - £12

Elgin - £12 (£2 upgrade for a seat in the stand)

Montrose - £13

Peterhead - £12 (£2 upgrade for a seat in the stand)

Stenhousemuir - £13 (£12 for terrace when open)

Stirling - £13

Dearest prices up north at Elgin and Peterhead who still have an added charge for a seat even at that its £2 lower than the fabled £16. Everywhere else, apart from the all seaters at Clyde and Stirling, you get the choice of a seat or standing for the same price.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Annan - £12

Berwick - £12

Clyde - £13

Cowdenbeath - £12

Edinburgh City - £12

Montrose - £13

Stirling - £13

Dearest prices up north at Elgin and Peterhead who still have an added charge for a seat even at that its £2 lower than the fabled £16. Everywhere else, apart from the all seaters at Clyde and Stirling, you get the choice of a seat or standing for the same price.

Just because it's the Juniors, there are supporters who would prefer to go and stand at Gartcairn than sit at the Airdrie stadium.

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Just because it's the Juniors, there are supporters who would prefer to go and stand at Gartcairn than sit at the Airdrie stadium.

To be fair standing isn't just a junior thing I would imagine a lot of Airdrie fans yearn for the days when they stood at the old Broomfield.

40 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Nope, nice deflection though.

Deflection??

I've told you twice now that I couldn't give a toss about all that sectarian shit so what part of that are you not getting or are you just upset your poor attempt at humour didn't get the reaction you wanted.

8 hours ago, gogsy said:

Stranraer have only broken the 500 mark twice this season - both time against Ayr, who brought a big travelling support. Last month I paid £15 to watch Stranraer play Albion Rovers in front of 3 men and a dug. I couldn't believe the dozen or so Albion Rovers fans were segregated behind a fence and two stewards. There's no need for that shit and you don't get it in the Juniors.

Stranraer have a nice modern stand, but only because of generous grants thanks to their league status, and from D&G Council. It was built in the mid 90s and they only had to chip in £150,000. Clubs like Linlithgow and Talbot built their stands without that help.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Annan - £12

Berwick - £12

Clyde - £13

Cowdenbeath - £12

Edinburgh City - £12

Montrose - £13

Stirling - £13

Interesting to hear that Edinburgh City allow Hearts and Hibs fans into their games for half the admission fee when their clubs are playing away from home.Yip £6.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

People should stop saying Juniors is a lower grade of tier than LL, EoSL or SoSL. It's not in the senior set-up, so it's not above or below. It's parallel.

That would be incorrect though teams like you own Linlithgow, Talbot or Pollok, could end up being as successful as the likes of Alloa, Brechin or Dumbarton if they joined the pyramid at the 6th Tier.  

Any Junior or Amateur league team equally stands at an unofficial tier 7 at the moment.

10 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Annan - £12

Berwick - £12

Clyde - £13

Cowdenbeath - £12

Edinburgh City - £12

Montrose - £13

Stirling - £13

Saw Annan earlier on this season in some diddy cup playing a youth team.

£12 for a glorified reserve game, aye right.

10 hours ago, gogsy said:

Glenconners big team was probably there in a Scottish cup match.:)

Benny's Bar bus from Gorbals Cross about 45/46? years ago. Sure the kick off was 5.30pm because Stranraer didn't have floodlights. Finished 2-1 to the big team.

Archived