Dalkeith, next Junior giant to take the plunge.

14 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Folk keep banging on about Pollok having a big attendance last week as if it's the norm in the juniors. The juniors must be thriving because Pollok had a crowd of 1000+, two rivals, local derby etc etc.

Would Pollok v Partick Thistle or Pollok v Queens Park not hold the same attraction because it'd be a senior game? 

Would Pollok get bigger crowds if punters had to start paying £16 to watch the likes of Annan?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Glenconner said:

Would Pollok get bigger crowds if punters had to start paying £16 to watch the likes of Annan?

i have absolutely no idea why what other clubs charge is always brought up.  YOU ARE MEMBER OWNED CLUBS, ticket prices would only go up if you want them to!

If we take edinburgh city as an example(as they are a promoted club) they charge £12, however unlike at pollok season tickets actually offer value and it would cost less than £9 a game.

18 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

games against the likes of Queens Park wouldnt be £16.

Incidentally, Annan massively increased their crowds when they moved from non-league to the SPFL. 

The likes of Kelty and Dalkeith should have shown more loyalty to the junior association which they've been part of for decades.It should come  down to,we all agree to pyramid,or we dont.

WTF ????

We support football clubs, not a grade of football.

The pricing of the higher tiers would impact on a small minority of junior sides because most would never get close to that level. Using it as an anti pyramid argument is a bit 'project fear'. 

The pricing they would most likely be subject to is near enough identical to current junior pricing. 

To use the hypothetical example of Pollok value Queens Park or Thistle though, of course there would be interest in it. 

The pricing of the higher tiers would impact on a small minority of junior sides because most would never get close to that level. Using it as an anti pyramid argument is a bit 'project fear'. 
The pricing they would most likely be subject to is near enough identical to current junior pricing. 
To use the hypothetical example of Pollok value Queens Park or Thistle though, of course there would be interest in it. 
I think if the juniors didn't dictate admission prices you would find a good few clubs increasing their gate price anyway

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

i have absolutely no idea why what other clubs charge is always brought up.  YOU ARE MEMBER OWNED CLUBS, ticket prices would only go up if you want them to!

If we take edinburgh city as an example(as they are a promoted club) they charge £12, however unlike at pollok season tickets actually offer value and it would cost less than £9 a game.

Although reintroducing them HAS been discussed, Pollok do not currently offer season tickets (which would offer a saving on the normal admission cost) only memberships (which cost a small premium more than admission) but give the holder voting rights.

Although reintroducing them HAS been discussed, Pollok do not currently offer season tickets (which would offer a saving on the normal admission cost) only memberships (which cost a small premium more than admission) but give the holder voting rights.

The positive issue with pollok is they have a big fan base due to being in a prime position within Glasgow. They don't affiliate with the old firm so that's what attracts the type of fan who doesn't want to get caught up in that pish aswell as watching a decent standard of football.  

3 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

The positive issue with pollok is they have a big fan base due to being in a prime position within Glasgow. They don't affiliate with the old firm so that's what attracts the type of fan who doesn't want to get caught up in that pish aswell as watching a decent standard of football.  

nobody affiliates with the Old Firm anywhere in the Juniors. 

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Has this issue actually been put to member vote/ discussed at agm? 

It gets a mention at the agm - well it did last time because Kelty's decision was fresh. I daresay it will be mentioned again.  Whether the members feel a vote is required will be up to them. 

Most clubs where membership and game entry are separate membership fees are minimal. Ive seen for Stranraer it's £15 IIRC for others it's similar, the majority of the fee pollok fans pay is for the 'season ticket' aspect, and they don't get value for money IMO

Fwiw I suspect most members aren't doing so on a cost benefit analysis so are maybe happy enough to give their club additional financial support, but this is also true of season ticket holders up and down the country.

Admission price myth is right up there with £150k  toilets.

I posted a graphic a few pages back showing LL prices which range from £5 to £7, East Stirlingshire charge £8.  95% of Junior clubs, if they joined the Pyramid, would never play football above this level, so it's all a red herring and to be honest, Superleague at £6 is selling itself short, probably should be £7. Premier £6, Districts £5.

I kind of gage by this thread that most are in favour for the pyramid.Do you think a national junior league would be feasible with the winners playing a mini semi final against highland champs, EOS and south champs with winner playing team bottom of professional league,or has this been suggested before.Surely this system would be easiest to implement.What would posters to this thread consider their prefered pyramid set up?

36 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Most clubs where membership and game entry are separate membership fees are minimal. Ive seen for Stranraer it's £15 IIRC for others it's similar, the majority of the fee pollok fans pay is for the 'season ticket' aspect, and they don't get value for money IMO

Fwiw I suspect most members aren't doing so on a cost benefit analysis so are maybe happy enough to give their club additional financial support, but this is also true of season ticket holders up and down the country.

Seriously, £15 to watch Stranraer?

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Admission price myth is right up there with £150k  toilets.

I posted a graphic a few pages back showing LL prices which range from £5 to £7, East Stirlingshire charge £8.  95% of Junior clubs, if they joined the Pyramid, would never play football above this level, so it's all a red herring and to be honest, Superleague at £6 is selling itself short, probably should be £7. Premier £6, Districts £5.

£5 at Dalbeattie v Gretna 2008 last month - and £1 for a programme (crowd roughly 100).

More expensive was £8.80 in Cairn Lodge Services for a sausage chips and beans...!

My understanding is BSC charge £3 for a programme though?

Seriously, £15 to watch Stranraer?

I was talking about membership fee, but by coincidence entry is the same, on as season ticket just under £12

£3/4 as you go up the leagues is the common pattern , with promoted clubs typically the cheapest and relegated clubs the more expensive, i don't know why people get surprised by this, it's been the case for as long as I can remember.

Archived