Longest Serving Player At Your Club?

At Saints it would be Jack Baird & Lewis Morgan who both moved up from the U-20 squad in May 2015

Morgan (Sep 2014) made his first team debut before Baird (Nov 2014) but I presume Baird was with our youth setup prior to LM's arrival.

I guess that sums up football in 2018 when your two longest serving players are both 21-y-o! :unsure:

Pretty sure it’ll be Lewis Martin, who was a youth player and has played for the first team since 2012/13. A large portion of our squad signed in 2016 or later, with only one or two being here since 2015.

Just now, smpar said:

Pretty sure it’ll be Lewis Martin, who was a youth player and has played for the first team since 2012/13. A large portion of our squad signed in 2016 or later, with only one or two being here since 2015.

I forgot about Lewis :wacko:

16 minutes ago, btb said:

At Saints it would be Jack Baird & Lewis Morgan who both moved up from the U-20 squad in May 2015

Morgan (Sep 2014) made his first team debut before Baird (Nov 2014) but I presume Baird was with our youth setup prior to LM's arrival.

I guess that sums up football in 2018 when your two longest serving players are both 21-y-o! :unsure:

Unless you add Stephen McGinn's two spells at the club together...

Lewis Morgan signed for you a week ago. Sevco levels of claiming unbroken history right there.

For us, it's O'Ware.

b9870ee96bbad47ed5deda549d8182bf.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Lewis Morgan signed for you a week ago. Sevco levels of claiming unbroken history right there.

For us, it's O'Ware.

b9870ee96bbad47ed5deda549d8182bf.jpg

Nobody mentioned anything about unbroken, the phrase was "longest serving player"...

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Doesn't know how length of service works

I'll explain...

Stephen McGinn served St Mirren from July 2006 until January 2010 - 3 and a half years. He returned to St Mirren in January 2017, and is still there. Another year.

He has served St Mirren for 4 and a half years.

Happy to help. ;)

I'll explain...
Stephen McGinn served St Mirren from July 2006 until January 2010 - 3 and a half years. He returned to St Mirren in January 2017, and is still there. Another year.
He has served St Mirren for 4 and a half years.
Happy to help. [emoji6]

Do you work in HR or own a company? I will happily come work for you and accept the increased benefits associated with a failure to grasp how length of service actually works.

Combined years of service may be worthy of it's own thread, but this one is entitled longest serving.

I guess there's more ways to look at this than I initially thought! 
Kudos to Jamie_M for being able to present that image of O'Ware as an integral part of his post. [emoji4]

O'Ware is still buzzing for the Undertaker's return in less than 2 weeks

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Do you work in HR or own a company? I will happily come work for you and accept the increased benefits associated with a failure to grasp how length of service actually works.

Combined years of service may be worthy of it's own thread, but this one is entitled longest serving.

You're getting rather flustered - this is a post about longest serving footballer at a your club, not a  meeting with your line manager regarding your potential redundancy entitlement...

:rolleyes:

Ryan Esson signed for us in June 2008.

Of the outfield players, Liam Polworth made his debut in 2011.  Iain Vigurs made his debut for us in 2007 but was released in 2009 and played for Ross County and Motherwell before re-signing for us in 2015.

Archived