Clyde v Stenhousemuir

An absolutly nothing performance today and tragically not unexpected given the total dross that are currently Clyde players. Not one ounce of creativity in the team, Stenny did not even have to get out of first gear to win that today. Really at a loss what Lennon can do with this lot; seriously every single player needs replaced... Not realistic option I know, but we are that bad. Good luck Danny you need a miracle!

Finally, I brought a mate along today and I was so embarrassed that he witnessed that from my Football team, normally I am angry or annoyed at such a display, but today I honestly squirmed for most of the game, he was too polite to say but he must think we are adsolutly mental to watch this week in week out!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mishit clearances at the back, full backs that offer nothing, complete absence of any midfield and a disinterested Goodwillie up front. [emoji20]

It’s funny that because usually, whether there is interest or not, Goodwillie normally just takes whatever end result he wants.

DL's post match interview should be interesting tonight, no way can he defend that. Time is up for defending players and blaming individual errors, time to get tough and no more we are working at this that and the other in training, I am sure they all look good and practise things in training but what good is that when they cross that white line on a Saturday and it all turns to shit. Really no idea where DL goes from here working with the crap he has inherited.

For months, I've been demanding that Nicoll have a go at trying a forward pass. Today, he did and it led to a goal. 

My approval rating for Lennon has dropped massively after today. He absolutely should have stuck with the back three, and I've no idea why he thinks it's a good idea to change the system, personnel etc so drastically every game. 

Nicoll and Ramsay staying on the pitch for 90 minutes is nothing short of negligent. He says he wants us to try and pass the ball, yet he keeps picking a deep midfielder who can't receive the ball to feet, or pass it; Stenny had obviously done a bit of preparation and knew to hit him quickly any time the  ball found its way to his feet. He then pairs him with a centre half who has done nothing to suggest he's a midfielder in three games bar one run down the wing that ended with a cross 10 yards in front of his team-mates.

Then Ramsay, who literally disappears for long periods. I have some sympathy for him, albeit very little. Our best passer of the ball (unbelievably Currie) plays the ball out to the centre halves, who then have the option of a long ball, or trying to hit a full-back who generally has been forced into a wide area. Nicoll actively hides in the centre of the pitch and on the rare occasions that he is guilted into showing show for the ball, it bounces off him backwards. We don't have any active game-plan to try and get the ball into those further forward midfielders. For example I thought Love used the ball well today when he had it and linked up with Goodwillie in the same way that Cuddihy has at times; playing a one-two and moving into space. He didn't have the ball much at all though. In his short stint on the pitch, Lamont managed to get on the ball more times than both and did a much better job at playing forward and driving into space. He absolutely should be starting a run of games.

The Miller gamble up front ended like any other time he's played; not a single header won, and easily brushed off the ball.  He's just not got it at this level and supports the idea that every penny spent on a youth system is a wasted penny. As much as I never want him to play, because he's lazy and runs into Goodwillie's space, I think we need to stick with Smart, purely as he can occasionally get a goal. We don't have anyone else other than Goodwillie (and Love, looking at his record) who can score a goal.

Duffie I've been prepared to give time to, because of his long lay-off and his previous pedigree. I think he was the worst today, even worse than Nicoll. Breslin is the other option. Thank goodness we let McNeil go!

Stewart is unlucky as he's a good left-back in a four, but not a good wing-back. I'd personally play him as the left centre half to have him in the team as he's one of our better players.

Of course, Stenny deserved their win. However, at 1-0, Currie plays a quick kick-out that Meechan messed up, all Goodwillie had to do was roll the ball past Smith who was miles off his line. Takes a poor touch, then within 20 seconds Home (who I thought was otherwise excellent defensively) sliced a clearance and it's 2-0. Sums everything up that I'd still give him MotM.

Stenny were decent defensively again, and although we kept McGuigan quiet they carried a good threat on the counter having taken the lead. Marsh as expected played like a centre half in midfield, yet he was still better than our two cloggers in there. I thought they should have had a penalty when Nicoll handled a shot from a free-kick in the first half (maybe got away with it as he had bravely turned his back). Smith is a complete donkey in goals and it's an insult that I don't think we tested him once. 

The chairman takes as much blame as Chapman/Lennon. The idea of a clear-out is always appealing but there will always be a decent player or two being pulled down by the rest. Make a bit of effort to keep McNeil, Easton, McGovern and Linton and that team is a totally different story; we'd be getting the ball into Goodwillie in better positions, retaining possession better and have more players popping up with goals. Instead we supplement Chapman's pals from Annan with bargain midfielders who have been chased out of the SPFL, from Petershill,  Clydebank and the amateurs. Make no mistake about it, if he doesn't dig up a minimum 5 players (and I don't mean centre halves who are getting played in midfield) before the end of January, we are finishing bottom. Cowden might not win a game against another side but they will beat this rabble twice at least.

Everyone is keen to point the finger at Chapman's ex Annan signings. Most of these players have been in and around the playoff spots on consecutive seasons so as individuals they can't be that bad. Players can't turn shit overnight. The problem lies elsewhere. Disheartened? confidence? Who knows.... Not saying I approve of every signing but just my view.... Moving onto that dross today.... whoever told Nicol that he's a footballer needs their head read. 

This shambles lies firmly at the door of innes he interviews a manager ( that's if there even was an interview ) asks what's the plan well I'm going to sign and pay money for half of my ex team oh an supplement it with players who played with my ex team great idea mate [emoji106] (oh wait a minute that's right he wasn't his mate sorry )

And we don't need a big budget in fact have a small budget is a good thing and we are going to be a river of good for the community.[emoji106]

17 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

This shambles lies firmly at the door of innes he interviews a manager ( that's if there even was an interview ) asks what's the plan well I'm going to sign and pay money for half of my ex team oh an supplement it with players who played with my ex team great idea mate emoji106.png (oh wait a minute that's right he wasn't his mate sorry )

And we don't need a big budget in fact have a small budget is a good thing and we are going to be a river of good for the community.emoji106.png

Just as well you don’t get motion sickness.

Lennon’s hands are very much tied with some of the rubbish that Chapman left us with but taking off Lang and leaving Ramsay and/or Nicol was baffling.
I don’t know if I’ve ever disliked a Clyde tean more than this and there have been some rotten teams.

The rubbish that Chapman brought in made the play offs last year. At least you scored goals under Chapman.

I think there is a few similarities with Innes and Ferguson's first season in charge. Both badly misjudged what was required at this level thinking a limited budget and limited players would be enough. Chapman largely brought in a lot of shite but I don't think he had much of a budget. Home has been one of his better signings and he signed as an amateur.

The difference was that Ferguson retained some of a squad who had finished 4th in the previous season while Lennon has inherited a squad that are used to losing and low in confidence.

It’s getting more and more realistic that we can finish bottom, I think we are capable of getting a few wins but so are Cowden, no fight no one looks interested if we are in a relegation playoff match a in form lower league team would likely beat us

We’ve played better and lost this season, yet it was one of those rare occasions where I didn’t feel on edge, worried when, not if, the opposition were going to equalise. Clyde were horrendous. We look a strong team. A good unit, where each one of them has a role to play. We play to their strengths. Clyde look like a team of hammer throwers who’ve never seen a ball before. Are they as bad as Cowdenbeath? Probably, and maybe even worse. Yet they are a club with potential. I’d be sorry if the worse came to the worse and they dropped out the league. Hope they turn it round.

As for today. A good win and we keep plugging away. Not sure it will be enough to overhaul Peterhead, but should be good for top 4. We missed Paton’s creativity in the middle but with Cook our wide we were always a threat. Great bit of play from him to set up the first goal.

Good to see Jamie Longworth get on the scoresheet and it was good to see Innes Murray get the goal his performance deserved. Him and Cook on the flanks look quite attractive. It could have been more emphatic. On the break we looked so dangerous in the 2nd half.

And finally, wouldn’t it be great if even one of the young boys at the game today came back next week.

Problem we have is we have NO midfield. Anyone who thinks Ramsay or Nicol should be anywhere near that team is deluded. Lang has played three games in his career as a holding midfielder and has more about them. There’s nothing on bench also to argue that they should be starting.

Love should have had a point to prove and was anonymous, and Miller was unfairly thrust back into the spotlight due to the abject inability of smart/Gormley to help Goodwillie.

That said Goodwillie in the last two weeks has spurned Glorious chances at crucial moments in games - so this nonsense about lack of service is just that. Just because the rest of the shite are bringing him down does not absolve him from criticism he rightly deserves.

We need a right back - 3 midfielders and a striker ASAP. 

Yes but conceding more than you score doesn't win matches,  Annan can have them all back 

Well, if we’re talking regulars, Currie was a cracking keeper for us but we’re lucky to have another two with us this season. Cuddihy and Ramsay I would have back tomorrow, it’s not their fault your clubs is poisonous.

We’ve played better and lost this season, yet it was one of those rare occasions where I didn’t feel on edge, worried when, not if, the opposition were going to equalise. Clyde were horrendous. We look a strong team. A good unit, where each one of them has a role to play. We play to their strengths. Clyde look like a team of hammer throwers who’ve never seen a ball before. Are they as bad as Cowdenbeath? Probably, and maybe even worse. Yet they are a club with potential. I’d be sorry if the worse came to the worse and they dropped out the league. Hope they turn it round.

As for today. A good win and we keep plugging away. Not sure it will be enough to overhaul Peterhead, but should be good for top 4. We missed Paton’s creativity in the middle but with Cook our wide we were always a threat. Great bit of play from him to set up the first goal.

Good to see Jamie Longworth get on the scoresheet and it was good to see Innes Murray get the goal his performance deserved. Him and Cook on the flanks look quite attractive. It could have been more emphatic. On the break we looked so dangerous in the 2nd half.

And finally, wouldn’t it be great if even one of the young boys at the game today came back next week.

Stenny fully deserved their win without really breaking sweat
But hammer throwers this mob masquerading as football players couldn't be bothered tackling [emoji23]

Archived