Clyde v Stenhousemuir

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lennon’s hands are very much tied with some of the rubbish that Chapman left us with but taking off Lang and leaving Ramsay and/or Nicol was baffling.

I don’t know if I’ve ever disliked a Clyde tean more than this and there have been some rotten teams.

Fairly comfortable win for stenny against a pathetic excuse for a football team
Looks like it's hope cowdenbeath don't improve again as one of the boys said at football it's the same every season now

That was horrific today struggling to think of one player who would get pass marks.

Goodwillie has been garbage the last 5 or 6 weeks. Doesn't look in the least bit interested now. He had a great chance just before Stenny scored their second. The Goodwillie of last or start of this season would have buried it. Instead Stenny break up field and we completely miss hit the clearance to allow Longworth to score.

Mishit clearances at the back, full backs that offer nothing, complete absence of any midfield and a disinterested Goodwillie up front. [emoji20]

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Too early to sack the manager again?

Shouldn't even enter anyone's mind. If I took a job as a manager, inherited a bad bunch, most of who I wasn't familiar with, had barely any time at all to replace players and was told after a couple of months - and before the window was even halfway done - that my jacket was on a shaky peg, I'd quit. And even more readily if I were someone with the level of success and experience that Danny Lennon and Allan Moore have behind them. We're lucky to have them.

Of course, nobody's beyond criticism, and, as at Elgin, the managers picked a woefully bad team today. And the predictability of the defeat - in manner and by what margin - just from looking at the team-line alone makes it doubly irritating. Witness my post above.

A midfield full of barrow-pushers, who, when they could get the ball, treated it like a hot tattie: moving it only in a general 'away from me' direction. A defence which, with the exception of our best player by some distance, Callum Home, contributed little and weighed-us-down immensely. It must now be accepted that any attempt to play a back-four is fantastically stupid to the extent that it more-or-less guarantees the loss of two goals or more. Anyone, management included, wondering why McNiff or any other defender isn't as they were, need look no further: they do better in the 3 or 5; if masks myriad weaknesses. You cannot arrange that pool of players to do the job of defending well but for in a 3 or 5. Draws do me fine; aiming for more is far too risky just now. Far too risky. And that point, I predict, will continue to be vindicated over and over again.

If you accept the premise of a back four - which I never will with that lot - you'd then have to say that the absence of Cuddihy, poor though he is, made us worse. That is, to the extent that we relied so heavily on Nicoll, Duffie and Lang to take command and create. Cuddihy's much better on the ball than those three. You'd also have to say that Aaron Millar might as well have been in a Stenny jersey. And you'd have to be absolutely baffled at the logic behind where Ramsay and Love were deployed. Two guys you want in wide areas or exploiting space between midfield and the forwards, right? Yet, you have one coming inside and the other drifting about doing nothing in particular. Frankly, even if Millar could hold the ball up well, where would we be making space to play in? We'd no natural width whatever until Lowdon's brief stint as a substitute in the second half. Having Duffie hold-the-fort on the right and beat a man or deliver a ball is simply beyond him. Look at his build, by Christ; he turns like a double decker and does nought to sixty in tomorrow. He needs the game in front of him, and a lot of security behind if he's to venture much beyond halfway. Goodwillie's obviously scunnered; I'd be encouraging him to turn and run at every opportunity, skin players if he could; his colleagues are only a hindrance. All the substitutions were made too late in the day. Painfully, the substitution that - barely - helped was forced on us by fact of Stewart's injury.

What is pleasing, and I say this out of a mean and vindictive spirit and nothing else, is that as the season has progressed, it's become clear to everyone that Callum Home is a perfectly decent, versatile defender and this level, despite being written off by the more sophisticated Clyde supporters following our doing at Ayr last year. Moreover, that nobody now will want McNiff kept on in any capacity next season; a reality I've willed-on for such a long time.

And a word for Stenny, now. Good solid boays, the lot. Big team, well organised. Particularly at the back. Predictable performance from them. Good threat from wide on the left. Much better in possession than us generally. I don't know if organised ourselves around Stenny's size as a team - because we did put a big team out today ourselves - but, as in the last point I made, their superiority in possession and of organisation gave them a comfortable, patient win.

The spine needs reinforcement: a centre-half, centre-mid and centre-forward. Seems like we've been saying that for ten years. Still true. Hopefully, as he suggested in his OS comments, Lennon will get a few more heads in before the window closes.

It's like watching the team under Chapman except we don't even go two goals up.

We haven't even looked like scoring two goals in total since Lennon took over.

I'm sick of watching such poor, boring, boring Clyde performances under Lennon.

I'll watch Clyde lose games. God knows I'm used to it but the manner of these defeats and goaless draws could make me chuck it.

That was utter piss. No game plan, no heart, no fight, gutless shite to a man.

How the f**k did goodwillie miss that 1 on 1, he can get to f**k with the rest of them. Looks like he has chucked it.

Lennon has been in charge 7 games and we have managed 1 fucking goal! Plenty people on here hailed him as the messiah but after 7 games there is no semblance of a game plan or strategy. Even poor players can be drilled into a system instead of pulled all over the fucking place.

Duffie must be one of the most gutless, pondering shitebags I have ever seen, mcniff a fucking bombscare, nicoll can’t make a 5 yard pass, Ramsay a ghost as usual, love a useless wee racist c**t. I honestly wouldn’t be sad to see the back of the lot of them.

Where do we go from here?

Down is the answer to that I suspect.

Really baffling formation today. Not sure at all where Miller, Love or Ramsey were supposed to be stationed. At times all three were out at left wing with Love the one cutting inside, and Duffie playing both right back and right midfield? At this point Id have expected Lennon to have noticed we need to be set up in a regimented 5-3-2 rather than whatever that freakshow was today. The 0-0 games were atrocious entertainment-wise, but at least we looked solid, today was just bizarre. 

Looking at the comments from Lennon before the game we are still trying to bring in players, he better hurry the longer he takes the worse it is going to be, let's hope he has better contacts than Love, on my 1st viewing of him today he is no better than what we already have.  Quite honestly I would not keep many of that squad at a push 2 or 3 ,the rest could leave tomorrow for all I care.

I don't think anyone is calling for Lennon to be sacked.

However, I'd have hoped for a greater impact from him just organising our, admittedly, poor squad better.

To me the priority is a creative central midfielder, centre half given Monro's departure and a striker to support Goodwillie.

So far we have extended the loan of Lamont who does not even start.

Love, a winger I don't think we needed and Lang who we play as a defensive midfielder not as a Centre half.

We are so crying out for creativity. Hopefully there is still time before the window closes.

Archived