Capital Punishment

Capital Punishment  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's a fair point. But they don't have the death penalty here in the Philippines so the EJKs that go on don't really contribute to the debate we're having here. In fact, if they did it might actually have offered those being murdered a chance of a fair trial.

Eh? The State is allowing the police to go around murdering people because they're a bit squeamish about introducing a death penalty?

On 12/01/2018 at 03:05, hk blues said:

Kinda hard to avoid repeating something in order to put someone right on their mistake.

Don't put words in my mouth - that's not what I said.  Killing is never right, then again Capital Punishment isn't killing

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Condemned people and lawfully killed people couldn't be together - one group is dead, the other not.

If I had the time and inclination I would point out your many other contradictions and descent into semantics. 

I don't so I will just say this, you have been outed as a fool with zero grasp of the subject matter and are bringing the thread down with your inane pish. That's quite an achievement on P&B General Nonsense. Kudos.

Edited by The Equalizer

If I had the time and inclination I would point out your many other contradictions and descent into semantics. 
I don't so I will just say this, you have been outed as a fool with zero grasp of the subject matter and are bringing the thread down with your inane pish. That's quite an achievement on P&B General Nonsense. Kudos.

Strange post. You cannot see the difference between the terms 'killing' and 'lawfull killing', yet I am the fool?

I'd be interested to hear of even one contradiction in my posts on this topic.

Eh? The State is allowing the police to go around murdering people because they're a bit squeamish about introducing a death penalty?

But that's not what I said. I was simply making an observation, not stating the State's position.

10 hours ago, hk blues said:

Strange post. You cannot see the difference between the terms 'killing' and 'lawfull killing', yet I am the fool?

I'd be interested to hear of even one contradiction in my posts on this topic.

You weren't arguing there was a difference, you were arguing that lawful killing isn't killing. Considering that lawful killing and your bog standard, run of the mill killing has the same end result of a dead person, it really shouldn't be difficult to grasp why people think you're a moron here.

Just now, The Moonster said:

You weren't arguing there was a difference, you were arguing that lawful killing isn't killing. Considering that lawful killing and your bog standard, run of the mill killing has the same end result of a dead person, it really shouldn't be difficult to grasp why people think you're a moron here.

So now you are telling me what I meant?  Lawful killing isn't killing - they are different words and different meanings.   

So you are saying that if the end result is the same, the act that created the end result must also be the same?  So murder = killing in your definition?  Clearly, you are wrong.

Just now, hk blues said:

So now you are telling me what I meant?  Lawful killing isn't killing - they are different words and different meanings.   

So you are saying that if the end result is the same, the act that created the end result must also be the same?  So murder = killing in your definition?  Clearly, you are wrong.

I've already laid out my opinion, if you want to twist what I've said to suit your hilariously boring point then wire in.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've already laid out my opinion, if you want to twist what I've said to suit your hilariously boring point then wire in.

Giving up when you cannot defend your argument is what you really meant to say.