Dunfermline vs Greenock Morton - Sat 20th Jan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, smpar said:

Some pretty thick snow falling just now. Pitch inspection tonight/first thing tomorrow I’d imagine.

It's certainly the heaviest I've seen all week. The pitch was apparently looking fine earlier, it may not now after this and the surrounding areas will be taking a heavy hit of snow.

With it only being Norrie and the main stand open there's no way it will be off. The undersoil heating has been on and the pitch will not freeze so it will be a case of just clearing any snow tonight or tomorrow morning.

dot net has turned into a farce talking about it properly which is a shame because we could organise volunteers quickly if it came to it

No snow forecast from now and brighter tomorrow, game on.

55 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

With it only being Norrie and the main stand open there's no way it will be off. The undersoil heating has been on and the pitch will not freeze so it will be a case of just clearing any snow tonight or tomorrow morning.

dot net has turned into a farce talking about it properly which is a shame because we could organise volunteers quickly if it came to it

No snow forecast from now and brighter tomorrow, game on.

Was hoping this would be postponed, preferably for 4/5 years.

Big game for both clubs tomorrow. I suspect it'll be tight and I predict a cagey affair. 

I wouldn't change the starting eleven from last Saturday but I'd have new signing Craigen on the bench alongside a returning Ashcroft. I'd have Callum Smith as the 19th man who just narrowly misses out on the match-day squad. 

For Morton, It's a big boost for them to have Jai Quitongo back from injury. It'll be interesting to see if he's thrown straight back in or not. 

With Ricki Lamie and Robert Thompson doubts for tomorrow, there's certainly a few question marks still over the finalised lineup for the Ton. 

Interesting to hear Duffy say he thinks Morton have started their past few games slowly. If we can react upon that and get an early goal, it could suit us to the ground. If Morton get it, it'll be a long afternoon in store. 

9 hours ago, dafcburty said:

With Ricki Lamie and Robert Thompson doubts for tomorrow, there's certainly a few question marks still over the finalised lineup for the Ton. 

Theres always question marks over Duffys starting line ups!!

Possibly 3 at back with Doyle and Tiff as wing backs and Ross up top. As much as Russell was poor last week, would be stupid to bring in a largely untested centre back to play left back

Surprised to see Jai on bench, perhaps not quite fully fit.

As mentioned above, Impossible to second guess the Duff.

Possibly 3 at back with Doyle and Tiff as wing backs and Ross up top. As much as Russell was poor last week, would be stupid to bring in a largely untested centre back to play left back
Surprised to see Jai on bench, perhaps not quite fully fit.
As mentioned above, Impossible to second guess the Duff.

That's because he's an imbecile.

“He’s going to come back and compete. It’s going to be difficult, and I’ve explained that to him, that we have good players in the area he plays – left centre-back or left-back – but he’s looking forward to the challenge."

https://gmfc.net/2017/12/15/jack-iredale-signs-contract-extension/

He could be playing Iredale at left back, obviously sees him as an option there. It could also be 3-5-2 with Tiff at wing back. Or, who knows, maybe Doyle is at left back and Luca is at right back - with Duffy, it could be anything. 

Archived