Stranraer v Airdrie

We rode our luck at times but a great result. Well done to Okoh for the two goals - first one was slightly fortunate but he forced the mistake. Airdrie's finishing was poor but it was an open and entertaining game to watch. Stranraer played with a lot of energy throughout  and a very welcome 3 points in circumstances. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/01/2018 at 09:20, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Will the fans optimism filter through to the young Airdrie players?
Will Daryll Duffy go straight into the starting 11?
Will the game even be on?
Will Thomas 62 throw a wobbler and blame an official if Airdrie win?
Will KVZ and 1870 have a square go in front of the Stranraer committee after asking too many questions?
Is this too many questions?

Got your point there Ammo, sorry or was it 3 points.

30 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

So glad Faz didn’t listen to that advice!

Great result!

Haha glad my commentators curse worked. Fair play to okoh today he gave 100%. Lucky with the second goal taking a bobble over the keeper but we are well over due some luck in front of goal. 

Very impressed with lyon and dykes today. Belford was outstanding also. 

Big win after riding our luck early on. Very good game of football in poor conditions. 

Crisis what crisis

Wasn't there so cannot comment on who deserved to win but wasn't really surprised at result given our poor away form and the fact that Stranraer is not a happy hunting ground for us. We did appear to have a lot of shots at goal. Most worrying thing is that it is reported that Carrick was taken off injured. Must have been a new formation to cope with team changes.

35 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Plenty of folk moan about paying £16 to watch football at our stadium but at least where ever you sit, you can see the full park, you’re dry and the park is consistent.

£15 to get into that place today, Park was shocking and as far as I could see an iron pole got a hat trick...

They must have demolished the covered away section near the middle of the pitch since I last visited. 

8 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

We should have been 5 up at half time with the chances, second half we were crap, look shattered. Defence was awful and all over the place but that’s the kind of indecision that infects a defence when you’re playing in front of a bomb scare of a keeper.

Every team in the league knows his kicking is poor under pressure and pressure him agressively,  so why does that left back always play it back to him?   And why doesn't his coaches work with him to clear it quicker?

Rovers game and yesterday his only mistakes were when he took a touch on his back passes.

Will need to watch the highlights again for the other 2 goals but our defence and defensive midfield are disorganised chaos at times, especially a right back who makes more effort breaking forwards, a snarky left back who can't defend and has an attitude problem, and something missing in centre mid.

In saying all that the pitch was a nightmare and for all our defensive faults we looked really sharp going forwards.  3 off the post, game could've been buried by h/t

Every team in the league knows his kicking is poor under pressure and pressure him agressively,  so why does that left back always play it back to him?   And why doesn't his coaches work with him to clear it quicker?
Rovers game and yesterday his only mistakes were when he took a touch on his back passes.
Will need to watch the highlights again for the other 2 goals but our defence and defensive midfield are disorganised chaos at times, especially a right back who makes more effort breaking forwards, a snarky left back who can't defend and has an attitude problem, and something missing in centre mid.

He didn’t come out and command the area either a couple of Times when he should which spreads apprehension.

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

He didn’t come out and command the area either a couple of Times when he should which spreads apprehension.

Overall he's been much improved mate, agreed, he ain't no Johnny Martin.

Not sure I should be bothered right enough, he's not even our player since JB sold the family jewels anyway.   

Just watched the highlights. Rohan definitely at fault for all 3 Stranraer goals.

First goal, the ball should never have been played back to him but he should never in a million years have taken the touch - a touch which has knocked the ball straight to the on-rushing Stranraer player.

Second goal he’s got to anticipate the bounce and react quicker.

Third goal, the ball comes into the box, he’s rooted to his goal line, the ball is allowed to bounce and the Stranraer player reacts quickest to put the ball in the net.

53 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Just watched the highlights. Rohan definitely at fault for all 3 Stranraer goals.

First goal, the ball should never have been played back to him but he should never in a million years have taken the touch - a touch which has knocked the ball straight to the on-rushing Stranraer player.

Third goal, the ball comes into the box, he’s rooted to his goal line, the ball is allowed to bounce and the Stranraer player reacts quickest to put the ball in the net.

Some may find it strange for me to be defending Ferguson but I think critising him for the second goal a bit harsh.

Did I not read that we are eying up  the QP goalie?

Where are the highlights available?

12 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

We should have been 5 up at half time with the chances, second half we were crap, look shattered. Defence was awful and all over the place but that’s the kind of indecision that infects a defence when you’re playing in front of a bomb scare of a keeper.

Google Stranraer team ,five youngsters straight out of the under 21 league played a part yesterday , with practically no SPFL experience between them.

Overall he's been much improved mate, agreed, he ain't no Johnny Martin.
Not sure I should be bothered right enough, he's not even our player since JB sold the family jewels anyway.   

I’ve not seen him Apart from the rovers game as id obviously not been going but watching the goals again he could/should have done better at every goal.

I agree Airdrie should have been out of sight in the first half and should have went 2-1 up right before we scored our 2nd, which I feel it is unfair to criticise the keep for that bobble lucky big Okoh gave it the daisycutter treatment.

Anybody want Woods and Anderson free to a good home. I feel we settled into the game after they two were taken off and the introduction of Lyons and Dykes gave us a bit more of a threat going forward and we played some good football with Beith and Turner at the heart of it again god help us if Beith doesn't get an extension to his deal what a player he is.

Hopefully we can build on this result with a lot of positives coming from the so called kids.

If they are good enough they are old enough

First goal yes obviously but blaming him on the other 2 shows you have an obvious bias against the guy.

Looked a cracking game that

Archived