Songs that sound like other songs

Arch Stanton

I'm sure there was a thread on here about "Songs that sound like other songs" but I searched and couldn't find it.

Anyway, Lana |Del Rey is being sued by Radiohead because they feel that her song "Get Free"  sounds a little too much like "Creep".

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jan/08/radiohead-lana-del-rey-creep

I think they have a point

6 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Bit rich from them since they ripped off The Hollies.

So will Lana Del Rey end up sharing royalties to both bands?

The article says Radiohead gave the writers of TATIB a songwriting credit for Creep and therefore a share of the royalties.

Radiohead want 100% from LDR. It'll no doubt be settled out of court so she'll end up  with a little for herself with the majority going to Radiohead and some to Hammond/Hazelwood.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The article says Radiohead gave the writers of TATIB a songwriting credit for Creep and therefore a share of the royalties.

Radiohead want 100% from LDR. It'll no doubt be settled out of court so she'll end up  with a little for herself with the majority going to Radiohead and some to Hammond/Hazelwood.

There's no chance Radiohead gave 100% to the Hollies though. Yet are holding out after LDR offered 40%. Bit of a cheek.

The View - Same Jeans 

Cornershop  - Brimful of Asha

First time I heard The View on the radio I made the connection.

At the end of the song the DJ said some nutter texted in saying it sounded like Brimful of Asha.

So there are at least 2 of us who think the same.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Although it's not quite what the OP originally intended, it was only last week when I heard Sparks on the radio that I realised that a tune I've had in my playlists for the best part of 20 years is nothing but a remix of a cheesy pop song:

On 1/18/2018 at 23:21, Klanky said:

The View - Same Jeans 

Cornershop  - Brimful of Asha

First time I heard The View on the radio I made the connection.

At the end of the song the DJ said some nutter texted in saying it sounded like Brimful of Asha.

So there are at least 2 of us who think the same.

Brimful of Asha shamelessly ripped off the VU's Sweet Jane before that.

Archived