Morton v Falkirk

There is drivel in spades full written on here but the head going down like Roy takes the biscuit

So you don’t think that when a striker fails to hit the target for weeks on end his head drops and ability to score does too?

We seem to have had more than a few that have exhibited this the last few seasons.

Can’t see why that’s drivel tbh...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nelson looks fantastic until it comes to actually finishing a chance. All it takes is for one to go in and he'll kick on from there. Completely different player from Loy. Nelson chucks himself into everything, runs after lost causes and is a massive pain in the arse to opposing defenders. Hes also great at holding the ball up for a wee guy and can beat a man as well.

Loy can't do any of that.  

Nelson looks fantastic until it comes to actually finishing a chance. All it takes is for one to go in and he'll kick on from there. Completely different player from Loy. Nelson chucks himself into everything, runs after lost causes and is a massive pain in the arse to opposing defenders. Hes also great at holding the ball up for a wee guy and can beat a man as well.

Loy can't do any of that.  

Agree with most of this and I indicated on an earlier post that he was one of our best players yesterday.
I want to see that level of enthusiasm and commitment continuing so I just hope he grabs a goal soon to keep his confidence levels so high.
Just look over the last few seasons at our strikers such as Austen, Baird, McHugh etc. They all had spells when they were hitting the target then suddenly it dropped away quickly. What do you guys think was the reason for that? We were still a decent side most of last season.
Loy was an outstanding striker for us in 2015 and I think most of us felt concerned when he was injured ahead of the cup final, and again we all thought that he would be a revelation this season. Suddenly he is now useless and being castigated on here?
If we are to believe the reasons stated earlier on here that’s a state of mind related issue that’s affected his ability. Or don’t you agree with that either?...

Guest Back Post Misses
Just watched the highlights. If this is the best bits I think the brave Falkirk fan who watched that in the condition deserve a plaque in the hall of Fame. Looked dire but happy to take the points

First half was a lot better than shown. Managed the game well last 60 minutes

Guest Back Post Misses

Agree with most of this and I indicated on an earlier post that he was one of our best players yesterday.
I want to see that level of enthusiasm and commitment continuing so I just hope he grabs a goal soon to keep his confidence levels so high.
Just look over the last few seasons at our strikers such as Austen, Baird, McHugh etc. They all had spells when they were hitting the target then suddenly it dropped away quickly. What do you guys think was the reason for that? We were still a decent side most of last season.
Loy was an outstanding striker for us in 2015 and I think most of us felt concerned when he was injured ahead of the cup final, and again we all thought that he would be a revelation this season. Suddenly he is now useless and being castigated on here?
If we are to believe the reasons stated earlier on here that’s a state of mind related issue that’s affected his ability. Or don’t you agree with that either?...

That was 2015. Who gives a f**k about him now? He has been part of the wage thief brigade as far as I can see and can f**k off at anytime for me.

Any coincidence either since Kerr and Miller have been sidelined the harmony in the side has improved? Certainly yesterday showed that.

That was 2015. Who gives a f**k about him now? He has been part of the wage thief brigade as far as I can see and can f**k off at anytime for me.

Any coincidence either since Kerr and Miller have been sidelined the harmony in the side has improved? Certainly yesterday showed that.

I don’t think I am lodging a defence of Loy on here tbh. I think he needs to go ASAP but I can see why it’s not worked out for him this time.

However my point about the importance of confidence in getting the best out of strikers still stands...

If Luca had been soooooo good for you guys, why was he on the bench on Saturday?

Andy Murdoch is probably our most important player, and he was also on the bench.

Duffy gonna Duffy, and in complete surprise to nobody, we stunk the place out.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Andy Murdoch is probably our most important player, and he was also on the bench.

Duffy gonna Duffy, and in complete surprise to nobody, we stunk the place out.

Tell that to the slaphead in chief, who for some unfathomable reason thinks that we merited a point. 

Tell that to the slaphead in chief, who for some unfathomable reason thinks that we merited a point. 

Such a super Falkirk performance that they only managed to score the one goal that Gaston chucked at them.

We had the chances to take something, and could easily have been awarded a penalty therefore thumbheid was always going to wheel out the 'we deserved more, we were unlucky' rhetoric to continue the stream of idiocy he has produced after every match.

While sneaking something could have happened, our team lineup and performance actually got more than they deserved with just a 1-0 defeat.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Was it the foul on Tiffoney that was referred to as a stonewaller on here by one of your own during the match?

Genuinely can't remember anything like a stonewaller, maybe hypothermia had set in by that stage right enough.

15 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Such a super Falkirk performance that they only managed to score the one goal that Gaston chucked at them.

We had the chances to take something, and could easily have been awarded a penalty therefore thumbheid was always going to wheel out the 'we deserved more, we were unlucky' rhetoric to continue the stream of idiocy he has produced after every match.

While sneaking something could have happened, our team lineup and performance actually got more than they deserved with just a 1-0 defeat.

While we're on the same page, it is worth publicly noting that Duffy neglects the fact that Falkirk actually hit the bar and missed several good chances themselves, both in the first half and playing on the break in the second. 

This idea that somehow having either spells of pressure or having about seventeen, predictably fruitless goalmouth scrambles, as was the case in the second halves of Saturday and at Brechin the previous week, meant that you  'deserved something from the game' is infuriatingly common within Scottish football's bullshit bingo. Being toothless and utterly pish in the opponent's penalty box is caused by failures in finishing and anticipation - persistent ones in the case of the slaphead's current squad - as opposed to some bad luck that evens itself out over a league campaign. 

While we're on the same page, it is worth publicly noting that Duffy neglects the fact that Falkirk actually hit the bar and missed several good chances themselves, both in the first half and playing on the break in the second. 
This idea that somehow having either spells of pressure or having about seventeen, predictably fruitless goalmouth scrambles, as was the case in the second halves of Saturday and at Brechin the previous week, meant that you  'deserved something from the game' is infuriatingly common within Scottish football's bullshit bingo. Being toothless and utterly pish in the opponent's penalty box is caused by failures in finishing and anticipation - persistent ones in the case of the slaphead's current squad - as opposed to some bad luck that evens itself out over a league campaign. 

Indeed.

Saying we could have nicked something if we had a bit of luck or were more clinical is one thing, but for him to continually say 'we are playing well' and 'the effort and determination deserves more' is blinkered in the extreme and if he cannot see that our performance levels are not up to scratch, aided by preposterous team selections, he should head back to the level where that might be more acceptable.

Was it the foul on Tiffoney that was referred to as a stonewaller on here by one of your own during the match?

Genuinely can't remember anything like a stonewaller, maybe hypothermia had set in by that stage right enough.

Aye that was me.

Think it was about 10 minutes into the second half some jobber swung in a cross from the left and Tommy Robson definitely made some sort of contact with the boy Tiffoney to bring him down.

Tbf even if it was awarded Tom Taiwo would still have cleared it off the line.

Aye that was me.

Think it was about 10 minutes into the second half some jobber swung in a cross from the left and Tommy Robson definitely made some sort of contact with the boy Tiffoney to bring him down.

Tbf even if it was awarded Tom Taiwo would still have cleared it off the line.

Still can't remember it.

Archived