Morton v Falkirk

That was quite shocking. Falkirk are crap too, but we just weren't at the races at all.

Russell had his worst game in a Morton shirt. What's happened to him? 

Tidser has lost the ability to make a forward pass.

Dropping of Murdoch was the disaster I thought it would be before the game. A dreadful decision by Duffy and he must hold his hands up for that one. 

Powder puff up front. Our strikers aren't scoring

No real width in the team -  a problem since before the season started.

If the board are not prepared to back the squad financially then we'll see how the "sustainability" strategy works when they try and shift season tickets for next season. 

Lack of signings has killed our season...  Now we have lack of tactics to just push us over the edge

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pleasing x

Being pleased with that today is a sign of how far you’ve fallen. It’s genuinely been a calendar year since I’ve actually watched a game and thought we thoroughly deserved the 3 points. First half of Inverness recently was brilliant, followed by an utterly horrendous 2nd half performance against 10 men.

I’ve never been one to get all “TTG” about a manager, but we really are screaming out for something to change. With the exception of Gary Oliver, nobody looked arsed.

There will still be folk claiming that Hartley is no improvement on Houston.
Houston's record: 3 points from 7 games (0.42 points per game)
Hartley's pre-transfer window record: 8 points from 9 games (0.89 points per game)
Hartley's overall record: 14 points from 13 games (1.08 points per game)
Think the key to the improvement is the fact that Hartley has worked hard touring the UK watching games and has brought in young players with something to prove.

Houston however toured the central belt bring in old duffers no c**t else wanted.

22 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

That was quite shocking. Falkirk are crap too, but we just weren't at the races at all.

Worst Bairns squad in recent memory, yet we've strolled up twice to your dump and walked away with two comfortable wins. Brilliant stuff tbh.

There will still be folk claiming that Hartley is no improvement on Houston.
Houston's record: 3 points from 7 games (0.42 points per game)
Hartley's pre-transfer window record: 8 points from 9 games with Houston's shite team (0.89 points per game)
Hartley's overall record: 14 points from 13 games (1.08 points per game)

Not me. Still have concerns re the first couple of months but the new players are making a real difference.

I do see Hartley as more of a manager who can spot a good player than a tactical genius. This three at the back is great when we are moving forward but defensively it’s chaotic at times, and whilst we need a keeper, it’s not all Thompson’s fault we get into such difficulties.

I do feel Longridge’s constant driving runs forward are causing defences real concerns, and making a real difference. Sibbald, Taiwo and Nelson also stood out well today. To be fair, it was a team performance....

32 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think the key to the improvement is the fact that Hartley has worked hard touring the UK watching games and has brought in young players with something to prove.

Houston however toured the central belt bring in old duffers no c**t else wanted.

While I agree, I think there's a bit more to it than that. Quite simply, Hartley can spot a player  (despite what the Dundee fans told us). To date his most effective signing has been Longridge and he was a central belt signing from a club 30 miles away.  

5 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Did Morton not go something like a year without getting beat at home? When did that run finish? Some fans are really on Duffys back

I must admit I was surprised by the amount of booing the Morton fans did today. Outwith our own fans at times, and Rangers, they're one of the most negative supports I've heard. 

5 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Did Morton not go something like a year without getting beat at home? When did that run finish? Some fans are really on Duffys back

We lost to Dunfermline in March to bring 12 months unbeaten to an end, since then we've won 4 of 15 home league games. We are fucking crap.

Some Falkirk fans were calling for Houston's head when you were effortlessly strolling into the top four. We're at best struggling to a bang average 12-12-12 record 6th placed finish and at worst Raithing this season and contriving to end up in a battle with yourselves and Dumbarton.

No one thinks Morton have a divine right to make the top four, but missing out on it through this standard of incompetence means questions have to be asked. Taiwo bodied us in your last win at Cappielow to establish control of the midfield and give you the platform to win, Duffy sets up today in a 4-4-2 crossed with 4-2-4 that doesn't have Andy Murdoch in it, inviting your midfield containing Taiwo again to body us and establish the dominance required to win.

There are far worse managers than Jim Duffy out there, but time and time again he does ridiculous shit like this when every fan can see it's blatantly going to be a disaster after one glance. If the average fan can predict it the actual manager of a professional football club should be able to.

He can fix it and stop making such basic and obvious errors, or return to League Two rabbles like Clyde where such incompetence is taken as a given.

Archived