Swpl launch day

pleslie99

Well today's the day that all the 'big' teams get their fixtures for the coming season. Must be great that.

For us mere mortals we don't even know what league we will be playing in never mind our fixtures. Apparently word on the street is we will get this information later in the month at a league kick off meeting. Bearing in mind it looks like the 1st matches are on the 11th February, this seems pretty poor organising from the bigwigs. Why can today not be a launch for the entire SWF 2018 season rather than just the swpl and showcase what woman's football in Scotland has to offer. Yet again it shows that all the SWF care about is the big clubs.

Ah well we will enjoy our weeks notice for our 1st fixture like last season. Thanks SWF........not!

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Well today's the day that all the 'big' teams get their fixtures for the coming season. Must be great that.

For us mere mortals we don't even know what league we will be playing in never mind our fixtures. Apparently word on the street is we will get this information later in the month at a league kick off meeting. Bearing in mind it looks like the 1st matches are on the 11th February, this seems pretty poor organising from the bigwigs. Why can today not be a launch for the entire SWF 2018 season rather than just the swpl and showcase what woman's football in Scotland has to offer. Yet again it shows that all the SWF care about is the big clubs.

Ah well we will enjoy our weeks notice for our 1st fixture like last season. Thanks SWF........not!

I was wondering when the fixtures would be announced given how soon the season is starting.

I was at a few Dumbarton United games in the back half of last season, and have been looking forward to my Sunday football starting up again, it's pretty poor form to have nothing even telling you what league you'll be in yet

I was wondering when the fixtures would be announced given how soon the season is starting.
I was at a few Dumbarton United games in the back half of last season, and have been looking forward to my Sunday football starting up again, it's pretty poor form to have nothing even telling you what league you'll be in yet
Yep 2nd season in a row this has happened. We welcome your support and will be glad to have you back down supporting the girls this season. That is if we ever get a fixture list........

SWFL2 will start with Prelim Round League Cup matches on Feb 11th

The launch was for the SWPL which is being sponsored and was in front of national media platforms such as Sky Sports and BBC.
Yep I know all this but doesn't answer my points

• 2 weeks later...

A good news:

St Johnstone were delighted to formally present St Johnstone WFC.

In a huge boost to the team, the club and to women’s football in Scotland they were delighted to introduce the women’s team and local company SSE as main sponsor.

The sponsorship comes at an exciting time for the team following the development of the partnership between Jeanfield Ladies and St Johnstone which created St Johnstone WFC. Their first SWPL2 fixture will be at home on 11th February.

Well fixtures are out. League starts on 18th Feb. Prelim round of league cup is 11th feb, and no-one knows who's playing in it! Surely that could've been drawn and released at same time? Less than 2 weeks notice again, proves that the SWF couldn't care less about us minnows as the same thing happened last year and 1 week notice was given and friendlies had to be cancelled.

• 2 months later...

Archived