Brechin v Livi

Brechin fans around me were moaning about the penalty to each other. Surely though you can't argue any more it's clear as day in the highlights. Should maybe worry less about blaming the refs and think about telling your players to be more careful. Start there and then maybe you can think about getting 5 points.

I agree with you to an extent .We can t complain about not winning any games if we re just sitting back .We ll not win penalties and score goals whilst constantly playing in our own box . I thought your penalty was just a good shoulder charge but have only seen it once

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

That is debatable. If the ref sees fit to give one then another  similarly "definite" should surely be given ?   Purely for consistency ? 

Nope, there is no logical debate on ours being a def pen hinging on whether yours was too.  Only consistency you get from match officials is them being consistently inconsistent.

9 minutes ago, 'Steve said:

I've seen the the footage of the penalty incident from another angle and it was most definitely a penalty. It was clumsy from McLennan.

As I thought at the time, couldn’t really understand the Brechin fans giving it large calling Longridge a cheat and the reaction of the Brechin players, especially Smith who always seems to get involved with things that don’t involve him. 

29 minutes ago, 'Steve said:

I've seen the the footage of the penalty incident from another angle and it was most definitely a penalty. It was clumsy from McLennan.

Ok , that's a fair shout I suppose.  I will concede then that it wasn't a dubious penalty.   I wonder if Jon has included the Jackson one in his highlights for us to compare. 

Ok , that's a fair shout I suppose.  I will concede then that it wasn't a dubious penalty.   I wonder if Jon has included the Jackson one in his highlights for us to compare. 

Would have been very soft if it was given in my opinion. Thought it was a desperate claim at the time.

I was sitting behind the goals and had a clear view. Jackson had no need to go down. It was never a penalty. 

Brechin players went down every time anyone went near them the whole game. Charleston was very eager to keep giving them free kicks too. The stats show Livi 22 fouls, Brechin 13. It was never a dirty game yet 4 Livi and 2 Brechin players booked.

8 hours ago, orco said:

I was sitting behind the goals and had a clear view. Jackson had no need to go down. It was never a penalty. 

Brechin players went down every time anyone went near them the whole game. Charleston was very eager to keep giving them free kicks too. The stats show Livi 22 fouls, Brechin 13. It was never a dirty game yet 4 Livi and 2 Brechin players booked.

Wow !   just Wow !  

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:51, slangs said:

Our keeper is a shocker and has been for a while. One of the highest payed so it seems Dods has to play him. We were not good today to say the least. Another game against full time mediocrity, it does wear the most down.if nothing else most of us are realistic and accept where we are. Small fish in a very small pond.

Add James Dale to that one...

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:51, slangs said:

Our keeper is a shocker and has been for a while. One of the highest payed so it seems Dods has to play him. We were not good today to say the least. Another game against full time mediocrity, it does wear the most down.if nothing else most of us are realistic and accept where we are. Small fish in a very small pond.

Brechin, striving for mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Brechin, striving for mediocrity.

Clutching at straws it seems, you'd be fine with it if (some of) their fans weren't turning into snivelling messes 

There's a few decent Brechin fans that understand they're out of their depth but Livi outplayed Brechin in every way as is the nature of this league. I'm just glad we managed the step up for now.

See above for obvious seethe, mediocre is sitting in the playoffs apparently

Just now, ATLIS said:

Clutching at straws it seems, you'd be fine with it if (some of) their fans weren't turning into snivelling messes 

There's a few decent Brechin fans that understand they're out of their depth but Livi outplayed Brechin in every way as is the nature of this league. I'm just glad we managed the step up for now.

See above for obvious seethe, mediocre is sitting in the playoffs apparently

Whipped their arses last season too, and in a more convincing flowing style of football. You have to adapt to the league you're in though and Livi have had to be more defensively solid this season, at the expense of a cavalier attacking style from last season.

Archived