Arbroath v Queen's Park

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deserved win should've had more don't think QP can argue about the result, dodgy defending by us in the first but better in the 2nd but wish we could kill teams off when on top but happy with that 3rd in the league now ,thought McIntosh was excellent caused the QP defence problems all game. 

Deserved win should've had more don't think QP can argue about the result, dodgy defending by us in the first but better in the 2nd but wish we could kill teams off when on top but happy with that 3rd in the league now ,thought McIntosh was excellent caused the QP defence problems all game. 

Don’t like to see him diving though

Bit of a bold team selection but it paid off and hopefully Denholm and Bobby benefited from the rest ahead of a huge game next week. 

I though QP were decent first half although we didn’t really get going. Good performance 2nd half and valuable 3 points with Alloa losing 

Yeah exactly if he'd just shot he might have scored. but apart from that the best I've seen him definitely a better player than the last time he was here.

Totally different player in ability and attitude it seems!

If Gold’s overhead kick hit the net near the end I think I’d still be in shock now

Any win is a good win but i agree we seem to struggle to finish teams off. Good to give denholm a chance to recover from his knock and bobby a rest too. Mccord really isnt getting much game time at all just now, quality player but obviously needs to work on his fitness to get back in the team

QP defended well, they got a lot of players back into their box who were committed to stopping us getting a clear shot at goal. 

Good to get a home win but a poor first half from us, improved in the second half and a deserved win in the end. McIntosh has improved game by game and good to see Gold getting the winner. Would have liked to have seen more of the ball being played at ground level rather than the amount of time it spent up in the air.

Just watched Gus’s interview after match, saying Arbroath are a physical side, Apart from McIntosh and Hammy I can’t think any other are over 6 foot, I’d never put us down as pyhsical side with likes of Linn, Gold, Denholm, Swankie and McCord to name a few, 

On game we really need to start killing teams off, made last few mins nervous when it should of been 3 or 4, Thought hammy was poor in 1st half but done well in 2nd, Whatley Martin Little were good too and thought there are signs that Wallace and McIntosh can strike a good partnership, 

Gold MoM, think the full back is still in hospital getting the knots in his legs out

Also think there is space in our squad for another Defender, with Skelly due back soon there is far to many forward players filling up the bench, can’t actually see where Skelly fits in either so wouldn’t be to disappointed if him and Prunty or Hester were moved on to make way for others

Archived