Arbroath v Queen's Park

Two utterly grim performances from us against the Smokies in the two previous games, but I'm hopeful that we can at least give a better account of ourselves on this occasion. I'll be honest and say that I thought we were gone a couple of months ago, but we've started to compete and, arguably, haven't picked up as many points as our efforts have deserved in that time. Saturday was probably the first time that wee got a wee bit of a break. We were poor and managed to dig out a point from an unlikely position.

As for Arbroath, we've seen what they can do and two wins at Ayr show that they're a very handy side at this level and that we'll need to be on our game if we're going to get something. Would be more than content to get back down the road with another point on the board. As always, I'm looking forward to Tuttie's and watching the game in one of Scottish football's proper old stadiums. It could be an eighteen layer job if the weather keeps up.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two utterly grim performances from us against the Smokies in the two previous games, but I'm hopeful that we can at least give a better account of ourselves on this occasion. I'll be honest and say that I thought we were gone a couple of months ago, but we've started to compete and, arguably, haven't picked up as many points as our efforts have deserved in that time. Saturday was probably the first time that wee got a wee bit of a break. We were poor and managed to dig out a point from an unlikely position.
As for Arbroath, we've seen what they can do and two wins at Ayr show that they're a very handy side at this level and that we'll need to be on our game if we're going to get something. Would be more than content to get back down the road with another point on the board. As always, I'm looking forward to Tuttie's and watching the game in one of Scottish football's proper old stadiums. It could be an eighteen layer job if the weather keeps up.

Just checked, wet mildish day with not much wind. Should be fine.

Quietly optimistic for this one as are form has improved over the last month. I think we are 5 unbeaten now but need to turn draws into victoires. I don't think we can play worse than we did when Abroath came to Hampden.

This will be the first away match I've made all season - where's best for a pint and some grub before the game?

Got to get some decent home form on the go this season if we're going to make the playoffs. Queens at home at the beginning of the season was the most comfortable home win we had in a long time. I know queens have improved but we really should be winning games like this.

5 hours ago, 1867QP said:

This will be the first away match I've made all season - where's best for a pint and some grub before the game?

I would separate the food and drink.

Marcos on the Shore for traditional fish'n'chips (facing the inner harbour), then walk along to the ground & you'll see Tutties Neuk across the road.

Away fans are always welcome in the wee bar up the stairs at the west east end of the stand from 2pm 

Map

I would separate the food and drink.
Marcos on the Shore for traditional fish'n'chips (facing the inner harbour), then walk along to the ground & you'll see Tutties Neuk across the road.
Away fans are always welcome in the wee bar up the stairs at the west east end of the stand from 2pm 
Map

Marcos is shite. Bell Rock much better.

Really important we start to get a run of wins at home,  especially on the back of 2 great away wins. If we can start to open up a gap and consolidate 4th place then we would all be delighted. There's no team below us showing any real degree of consistency so important we keep picking up points.

Archived