Wee Rovers AGM - Boardroom coup d`etat ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anton Fagan is a major shareholder, not a majority shareholder as I understand it, son of former Chairman Tom Fagan. He voted at a recent AGM against widening the shareholder base by voting down a move to issue more, new shares. Motivation? If you are a major shareholder, do you want your shareholding to stay at its current high percentage level or have your percentage level diminished by an increase in shares?

If Rovers go bust, the main asset, Cliftonhill, and other assets would be sold, and the money shared out. The more shares you have, the bigger share of cash you get.

Why now? Why not, it is good to let the natives know where the power lies from time to time. 

I do not understand why any Rovers supporter would want to replace the current Chairman/board members when financially, for the first time in many seasons, finances are heading in the right direction. I am a small share holder and a Rovers supporter, the plotters are shareholders, are they Rovers supporters?

Anton is employed by the SPFL. I do wonder what the rules say? Is there a conflict of interest for an administrator of scottish football being involved in a negative way in 
the administration of a member club?

Frank Meade is listed as Chief Executive of Dumbarton FC, although I thought he had left that position. I wonder what the rules are about an employee of one member club interfering in the workings of another member club. Perhaps, he should ask the SPFL about the rules on this? He could ask Anton.

I admired Frank's involvement in the Rovers but given the history of the Rovers under Tom Fagan I just do not understand Frank's involvement.

George Peat's record in club admin is second to none, just ask any Airdrieonians supporter. As a figure head, he is damaged goods.

To quote from one who was there last night

"Meeting over. Not to say there was no truth in the rumours but It’s still chairman Ron until the end of the season when he steps down of his own volition. A very bold and forthright statement from Ronnie opened the meeting."

Archived