Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

Boring, tedious and yet very well merited criticism of your club.
Fact is Dumbarton have shat on the SPFL wide free kids promotion from a great height.
Quite why that makes me a c**t I've no idea.

Don’t forget the extra £2 for adults now...

Sons fans (The Moonster) clearly have wee man (club) syndrome.

Can we all get along now? Even if this does make for an interesting match day thread and it’s only Tuesday [emoji28]

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Moonster said:

Any other goalposts you want to move? It clearly states in that article that games played on the 13th of January will have this offer on. Dumbarton sent tickets to St Mirren and informed them that U12 tickets would be available on the day, you admit this much yourself, St Mirren have confirmed this was the case as well.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a club to let visiting or even their own supporters know how to get tickets for a game. I don't know why Dumbarton refused to give Saints the tickets to distribute ourselves. Turning up on the day and hoping there are still kids tickets available at best seems a bit amateurish to me.  If a game is all ticket and there is a limited number of tickets are we really suggesting it's sensible to have folk turn up on the day and just hope for the best?

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

In a bid to aid folk who were unhappy at this Dumbarton have been taking phone reservations and selling tickets in person to those looking for them. Now you seem to be complaining that, despite knowing all of the above, Dumbarton didn't say as much in public so we're a horrible, terrible club hell bent on making it impossible for fans to attend.

Dumbarton have now started to sell these tickets over the phone which is great, hats off to them for that. Makes sense. It's a shame that only people who stumble upon this information via the B&W Army twitter feed know this as neither club has mentioned it.

At no point have I said Dumbarton are a horrible or terrible club, you've made that bit up.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is again, despite you tweeting from your various accounts that if people phone Dumbarton they'll get a ticket.  Can you not see how fucking pointless/childish/petty this is?

I've tweeted out that information because neither club has seen fit to tell anyone. I'm not sure that's pointless, childish or petty. I'm trying to give supporters information that the clubs should have given them.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do I think my club  and yours could have handled this better? Yes, I do. Do I think it's deserving of numerous attacks on my club and various "SCOTTISH FITBA NEEDS A LONG HARD LOOK AT ITSELF" type posts across social media? Absolutely not. There's been a slight issue which has been met with a fairly reasonable solution yet you feel the need to blow it up into a huge issue, seemingly all for the purpose of RT's.

I didn't make it into a huge issue. I made one tweet about it on P&B saying that I paid £108 for tickets to the game, and that it was horrific. I did pay £108. Maybe at that point if I had uncovered the secret squirrel route to the free tickets I'd have saved £28. Sadly that information was not available to me at that time.

I made a few tweets on B&W Army, including calling into question the communication of both clubs. You seem to have missed that through the tears.

Have to admit, I wasn't bothering with many match threads this week due to lack of free time, but had to come in to see exactly what was going on here. The Moonster has properly fucking lost it here.
Don't really see how you and all the st mirren fans seem to think moonster has lost it. He has came on to defend our club as it has been slated on here and on Twitter unfairly. If your club was getting unfairly slated then I'm sure Div and a number of you would be on defending them. The situation isn't ideal but it is what it is so dry your eyes. Everyone jumping on the Div bandwagon as he's the big bossman. #teammoonster

You'll actually find Morton supporters have been pretty quick to jump on similar situations at our own club, and not defend them this season.

We can all think of a certain few exemptions from this.

18 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
35 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:
Have to admit, I wasn't bothering with many match threads this week due to lack of free time, but had to come in to see exactly what was going on here. The Moonster has properly fucking lost it here.

The situation isn't ideal but it is what it is 

But isn't that the problem? Isn't Div just querying why "it is what it is", when it could quite easily be something else. Something better.

Sorry, can I just say that it's still 14 fuckin pounds for 13-16 year olds in a 1 stand ground with part time players. That is simply outrageous.

A singular stand and part-time status have hee haw to do with it.

Maybe you could fling a statement in there about Bundesliga and La Liga prices. Complete the set of terrible yer da esque reasonings behind a pricing structure.

7 minutes ago, dardo said:

Sorry, can I just say that it's still 14 fuckin pounds for 13-16 year olds in a 1 stand ground with part time players. That is simply outrageous.

That's probably why it's 14 quid. I've no idea why the employment status of our players comes into it mind you.

A singular stand and part-time status have hee haw to do with it.

Maybe you could fling a statement in there about Bundesliga and La Liga prices. Complete the set of terrible yer da esque reasonings behind a pricing structure.

The price is scandalous for this level and I'm sure you know that.

No other statement required.

But isn't that the problem? Isn't Div just querying why "it is what it is", when it could quite easily be something else. Something better.
Yeah well go ask your own club why they Weren't dishing out free kids tickets, we manage our wee diddy 1 stand pretty well and it's only when the big clubs with 50000 travelling fans like st mirren and falkirk come visiting that folk like you come on and bleet about it. FYI there will be plenty space in the home end I'm sure if any st mirren fan struggled to get an away end ticket. #teammoonster
Nice try Don't come then........simple.

Also why does it make any difference if it's 1 stand and part time or 4 stands and full time. It's the same league as the other teams charging the same. Go post on Twitter and get hundreds of RT's about how unfair it is. #teammoonster

Love the Dumbarton fans circling the wagons yet again and defending the fact that their club are robbing b*****ds and have been all season.

Regardless of how long we've known and they've advertised the prices.

Regardless of if it's 'only 2 pounds more, ffs' 

Regardless of if it's apparently 'a hell of a mess to get yourselves into over 2 quid'

None of this deflects from the fact that your club are a bunch of robbing charlatans and should be ashamed of the pricing structure they've set out. 

See you Saturday. :)

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Love the Dumbarton fans circling the wagons yet again and defending the fact that their club are robbing b*****ds and have been all season.

Regardless of how long we've known and they've advertised the prices.

Regardless of if it's 'only 2 pounds more, ffs' 

Regardless of if it's apparently 'a hell of a mess to get yourselves into over 2 quid'

None of this deflects from the fact that your club are a bunch of robbing charlatans and should be ashamed of the pricing structure they've set out. 

See you Saturday. :)

It's not exactly a surprise

Rather than having a moan on a website, if people are really that unhappy, then just don't go ?

Archived