Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cedrick1 said:

Sorry how far away and what did you see

I was in the Dumbarton end and I saw the Dumbarton player win the ball, McGinn has a quite petulant kick-out with very little contact.

It's a definite yellow, so I agree that the ref made the wrong call in not even pulling McGinn up afterwards. It's absolutely not a red card, though.

Fair enough I respect your opinion. I saw it as a kick out from the ground that made contact and I believe can be worthy of a red card . 

Dont think my opinion is nonsense 

let’s move on you have a team worthy of winning this league and good fans too boot. Enjoy your success and your teams performance today it deserves it 

Thought we were hopeless today. I’ve seen people say they like how C Gallagher is good defensively but I’m not seeing this at all. He drops ridiculously deep and invites pressure on the whole team, forcing his teammates deeper too. Against QOS at home he cost us the win imo by losing us ground and today was similar although we wouldn’t have got anything anyway.

I thought Handling was decent today, not fully fit but getting closer and moving the ball quick. Only problem is I don’t think he and Walsh can play in the same team as both have to play through the middle.

We improved as soon as Roy came on for Gallagher because he pressed a bit higher like Walsh so we weren’t so deep. Despite this improvement Roy didn’t do great but at least offered a threat.

Tom Walsh today was pretty impressive again.

Callum Gallagher, Kyle Hutton, Stuart Carswell though, those are the St. Mirren rejects we've come to know and love. Not those upbeat, enthusiastic, technically proficient imitations at St. Mirren Park a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Tom Walsh today was pretty impressive again.

Callum Gallagher, Kyle Hutton, Stuart Carswell though, those are the St. Mirren rejects we've come to know and love. Not those upbeat, enthusiastic, technically proficient imitations at St. Mirren Park a few weeks ago.

We're doing our best to ruin Tom Walsh. It's been clear since our victory at your place that the "10" role is his, and all we do now is seem to look for ways to make him ineffective. Hutton for me can go any time, along with scott and calum gallagcher. Carswell is sound though, I won't have a bad word said about him.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

We're doing our best to ruin Tom Walsh. It's been clear since our victory at your place that the "10" role is his, and all we do now is seem to look for ways to make him ineffective. Hutton for me can go any time, along with scott and calum gallagcher. Carswell is sound though, I won't have a bad word said about him.

Walsh suffered from the fact the he looked like he couldn't give a f**k last season. He rescued 2 or 3 very important points for us though so his contribution is often a bit overlooked as he was gone in the January.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

We're doing our best to ruin Tom Walsh. It's been clear since our victory at your place that the "10" role is his, and all we do now is seem to look for ways to make him ineffective. 

I've just written my column for this week about exactly this. Tom Walsh is our best No.10, and most naturally gifted player (I don't think that's contentious to say). We should be building a team around him. He should be in behind a striker every single week, and if we're badly in need of wingers then we should try moving full-backs/strikers or centre-mids about. Anyone but him.

Only Stevie and Durrant will know why they moved him wide, but sticking him back in the middle would give us an instant improvement.

For threat from Roy do we mean running the ballstatight out the park . I’m no fan of gallacher but really struggling with Roy too

Roy wasn't brilliant when he came on but he offers infinitely more than Gallagher. His end product is sometimes lacking but he can beat a man and is capable of getting goals from a wide position. I actually thought he looked a bit frustrated today and was trying too hard, I can't blame him either. I've seen him having a fair few good performances in his short spell whereas I've seen Gallagher produce a solitary 1 since he joined a year ago.

I know a lot of folk don't rate Roy but for me he'd be in ahead of Gallgher every single time. Gallagher strikes me as being an Aitken favourite - hard worker, nice guy, head screwed on, but ultimately he's absolutely nowhere near good enough.

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

Callum Gallagher is quite often coaching kids on the pitch next to us when I'm playing 5s on a Friday evening. He seems like a very nice young man. Well spoken.

I watched him in a few U20s there is a player there, but seems to panic every time he gets the ball.

Routine victory for Saints.  Was shocked when I heard Aitken saying on radio that Dumbarton created better chances in first half. Other than an easy save for Samson from a Walsh shot from out wide, can't remember any clear chances Dumbarton had.

Ticketing situation was a shambles. People standing down at the bottom 5 minutes after kick off and blocking everyone in front 2 or 3 rows from seeing any of the game. If you make a game all ticket, and have seat numbers on the ticket, don't have the stewards tell people to "just sit anywhere".

Archived