Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

Obviously you were sitting at the far right in the home end today?
Stelios' play acting was embarrassing and Farewell got the booking due to him.
McGinn's was a blatant attempt to kick our player, where Carswell just put in a hard challenge and took the player in the process.
Carswell went through the player for a nothing ball he was sent winning. Could have injured the player although he didnt. Mcginn could have been booked, no more than that

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's fair to say that during the course of this thread supporters from both clubs have behaved like whiny little kids and made an arse of themselves in the process.

The match itself, turned into a routine victory, where the result was never in any doubt.

McGinn, Magennis, Baird and C.Smith were excellent.

Next!

McGinn's was a blatant attempt to kick our player, where Carswell just put in a hard challenge and took the player in the process.

Will come as no surprise to any Saints fan that Carswell couldn’t do anything with the ball. That challenge was the only time he was seen today. Ref done us a favour keeping him on the park.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think it's fair to say that during the course of this thread supporters from both clubs have behaved like whiny little kids and made an arse of themselves in the process.

The match itself, turned into a routine victory, where the result was never in any doubt.

McGinn, Magennis, Baird and C.Smith were excellent.

Next!

^^^Didn't get the memo re posting like a whiny little kid^^^

I'll happily pay Handling's taxi back to Edinburgh. Same applies to the keeper & Calum Gallacher, wherever they want to go. No complaints about the result as we never turned up 2nd half, losing a goal so early after half time killed us.
Sorry, that is way over the top where Handling is concerned; the lad has missed almost the whole season thus far and match fitness needs to be built up. I feel there is player in there but against a pressing team with the quality of player St Mirren currently have any mistake or imprecision is punished.

I don't have the time or inclination to analyse today's game, but on all current evidence we are rocketing into 9th place; in fact we could well 'do a Brechin' right into May.

And I wish to f**k that Son's fans would grow up and stop citing perceived injustices on the part of officials, it's become tedious.

Well done Saints on your deserved victory.

18 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:
21 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:
Obviously you were sitting at the far right in the home end today?

Carswell went through the player for a nothing ball he was sent winning. Could have injured the player although he didnt. Mcginn could have been booked, no more than that

I thought carsewell could well have been a red for the reasons you state but Stelios delayed aayaa and fact not hurt in slightest probably swayed red towards yellow. On another day cold have been red

Mcginns should not need much discussion delayed swipe  and kick at opponent when balm wasn’t there and Stephen is a close family friend . RED 

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Sorry, that is way over the top where Handling is concerned; the lad has missed almost the whole season thus far and match fitness needs to be built up. I feel there is player in there but against a pressing team with the quality of player St Mirren currently have any mistake or imprecision is punished.

I don't have the time or inclination to analyse today's game, but on all current evidence we are rocketing into 9th place; in fact we could well 'do a Brechin' right into May.

And I wish to f**k that Son's fans would grow up and stop citing perceived injustices on the part of officials, it's become tedious.

Well done Saints on your deserved victory.

Handling's overrated. Simple

7 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

I thought carsewell could well have been a red for the reasons you state but Stelios delayed aayaa and fact not hurt in slightest probably swayed red towards yellow. On another day cold have been red

Mcginns should not need much discussion delayed swipe  and kick at opponent when balm wasn’t there and Stephen is a close family friend . RED 

Nonsense. Was naughty from McGinn and he should have been booked. Certainly wasn't a red though.

Favourite part of the day aside from both goals was standing applauding the team off the park with the other 20 or 30 buds who had to be decanted into the home end and some wee 40 year old redheaded guy with two kids doing his dinger at Stewards that 'they shouldn't be allowed in the home end' and 'the stewards did nothing all day to get rid of the away supporters in the home end'.

When a fellow supporter kindly presented his match brief and pointed out to the gentleman that the away supporters did in fact have away tickets and were sent here as there was apparently no seats left, he just sort of stood there and sulked and looked angry whilst we all had a bit of a laugh.

Would have been extremely harsh for McGinn to get a red and he could have been severley punished by an over zealous ref but I do agree he shouldn't have done it

2 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:
9 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Would have been extremely harsh for McGinn to get a red and he could have been swverley punished by an over zealous ref but I do agree he shouldn't have done it

Nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

St Mirren bossed the game and were the only team trying to play football. With more clinical finishing on our part it could easily have been 3 or 4-1.

I know the scoreline is the wrong way round, but we were never scoring in that game.

3 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:
10 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Would have been extremely harsh for McGinn to get a red and he could have been swverley punished by an over zealous ref but I do agree he shouldn't have done it

hie Far away from the incident were and when you describe it as naughty what did you see the offence as

Archived