Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Div said:

Unless there are loads of empty seats then a sit anywhere policy will undoubtedly lead to fisticuffs!

The stewards didn't even know what was happening the last time I was at Dumbarton. Some were saying sit anywhere, some were saying sit in the seat number on your ticket. There were still people trying to shift others from their seat 5-10 minutes into the game.

Wardrop out - huge blow. Froxy out - no surprises there.

I fear Smith will struggle to deal with Morgan.

I'd love to know what the deal is with Froxy, he has gone from looking like an inspired signing for the first 2 months to contributing nothing other than a wonder goal against dunfermline and looking severely off the pace in the last 2. It must be the most severe hamstring strain in history to be keeping him out for this long. Starting to question the lads desire in all honesty, as harsh as that may sound.

23 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I'm hearing that many saints fans are buying tickets for the home end.

So long as they tone it down throughout (Rangers fans take note!) then I have little problem with this. Although there is a strange satisfaction to be had from watching supporters in the wrong area get turfed out mid-match.

More £ is preferable to empty seats.

30 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

So long as they tone it down throughout (Rangers fans take note!) then I have little problem with this. Although there is a strange satisfaction to be had from watching supporters in the wrong area get turfed out mid-match.

More £ is preferable to empty seats.

We've sold out our allocation now so Dumbarton are saying an extra 100 tickets available to buy on the day.  I imagine they will sell quickly so the chances are we will have a few in the home end.

54 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

We've sold out our allocation now so Dumbarton are saying an extra 100 tickets available to buy on the day.  I imagine they will sell quickly so the chances are we will have a few in the home end.

Have we taken our allocation for up on the rock this time!!

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Wardrop out - huge blow. Froxy out - no surprises there.

I fear Smith will struggle to deal with Morgan.

I'd love to know what the deal is with Froxy, he has gone from looking like an inspired signing for the first 2 months to contributing nothing other than a wonder goal against dunfermline and looking severely off the pace in the last 2. It must be the most severe hamstring strain in history to be keeping him out for this long. Starting to question the lads desire in all honesty, as harsh as that may sound.

I think he is only here to spend his days drinking coffee and eating cakes.

16 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

What’s the script with seat numbers on the tickets for away end? Last time I sat on the seat number allocated but seen folk on here were told by stewards that wasn’t necessary?

At the last game I asked the Steward Supervisor and he said sit where you like - the tickets were only to control the number of fans. However not all Stewards seemed to be aware of this and other folk were told to sit on the allocated seat. There were some minor arguments about seating well after the game started.

19 fecking pages. 

Have I missed the Match ? 

Did we win ? 

Wasn't going anyway due to the disgraceful rip off pricing by the Home Club. 

A tenner for Adults at all Championship games would be ideal. 

Meanwhile, the boycott of away matches will continue. 

A tenner for Adults at all Championship games would be ideal. 

It's not 1994. That's a completely unrealistic price for a country who recieves little in the way of sponsorship or TV money. Regardless of whether it's wildly OTT these days, folk who chant that it should be a tenner are absolutely deluded. You could barely cover the costs of running the floodlights at a tenner a skull.

I can't remember the last time I regularly paid a tenner to attend a league fixture at any level.

FWIW we've reduced the prices of all our cup games so far, including 3 or 4 of them being a tenner and seen f**k all increase in numbers. If anything numbers were down.

Archived