Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

The price is the price.

If £22 to watch Dumbarton v St Mirren is a scandal then would £20 to watch St Mirren v Dumbarton be significantly less so?

It's a quid to park at our ground. It's up to a fiver to park at some grounds. Equally scandalous?

What makes £20 to watch Championship football acceptable but £22 a scandal? Same teams. Different ground. Suddenly a scandal?

Football in Scotland is too expensive at Championship and Premiership level. Unfortunately player wage demands are such that clubs need to charge what they charge because revenue in football is limited.

In an ideal world we'd have cheaper tickets subsided by a better tv deal and better sponsorship. Unfortunately we don't live in Germany and this isn't the Bundesliga.

It's the £14 for 13-16 year olds I have an issue with.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Div said:

The part time thing is complete whataboutery here in my opinion. Part time, full time, doesn't matter.

You treat customers with no respect then you eventually reap what you sow.

Away end won't be full on Saturday, and Dumbarton only have themselves to blame for that.

Yup, I agree, but whataboutery introduced by a S Mirren fan.  I was just interested in if dardo wants this policy adopted by all teams, or if it's only us that should apply it.

Yup, I agree, but whataboutery introduced by a S Mirren fan.  I was just interested in if dardo wants this policy adopted by all teams, or if it's only us that should apply it.

I was using the part time thing to make a point.

If you charged the same as us - £10 - and entered the spirit of the "free for under 12s" promotion, I wouldn't be on here moaning.

It is a shite state of affairs, but both I and my 15 year old son will be there, cos I'm clearly a mug.

Either way, the "don't like it don't come" mantra is working. That seems to be what most Dumbarton fans want.

For someone who has been banging on about "missing the point" that's the biggest missing of the point on this entire thread.

We don't want an empty stadium. We're simply saying there is zero point in moaning, then paying the prices anyway. It will do nothing to change the boards view that these prices are acceptable. Not turning up most certainly will.

Surely the bottom line is if Dumbarton have deemed this game all ticket as they expect the away end to sell out, then all away tickets should have been sent to St.Mirren for selling and if there were a limited number of free kids tickets, then that info should have been made readily available and fans told they were on a first come, first served basis.
Keeping free tickets at Dumbarton's ground makes no sense whatsoever.

15 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

there is zero point in moaning, then paying the prices anyway. It will do nothing to change the boards view that these prices are acceptable. Not turning up most certainly will.

Please pay attention to this people. Nothing worse than folk that think prices are too high but think they still have to go to the game.

If enough people did this then prices would be cut.

9 minutes ago, Div said:

Seems the ticket office at Dumbarton are very good once you've cracked the secret route to get these elusive free tickets!

That secret route that's been common knowledge for the last 2 days, aye?

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think the one stand and lack of atmosphere are of far greater concern.

Also, two train station? Two? Do they think they're Dunfermline? 

We actually have 3 train stations, East, Central and Dalreoch. We're basically a City.

17 hours ago, Div said:

This bus has been full every away game pretty much all season long.

Well done Dumbarton, your cunning plan is working :thumsup2

17 hours ago, Div said:

Wouldn't imagine many kids on that bus to be fair. Time of year when people are generally strapped for cash probably has some impact too.

Either way, the "don't like it don't come" mantra is working. That seems to be what most Dumbarton fans want.

:lol:

Arguments are so much easier when the person you're arguing with undoes their own point for you.

Archived