Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

19 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He pointed the finger at us (que many tears and tweets about how terrible we are), then DFC told his mate that St Mirren can sell the free kids tickets if they want but are choosing not to. He's not edited or removed the initial blame tweets therefore the tears and rants from others continue, including the usual regurgitated patter about how cheap Bundesliga tickets are (comparable eh?) That's what I took from it anyway.

Either way it's a fuckin palava over nothing. If you don't like the prices then don't pay them, it's really that simple, whining like a bitch about it on Twitter is pointless if you still cough up the money. It's 2 quid more than St Mirren charge so to single us out every time they come to visit is fairly pathetic. Prices at this level in general are horribly OTT but for some reason we get the most flack for it, mostly from St Mirren supporters. It's probably because people are of the opinion a part time team with a smaller stadium should be charging less. Folk also seem to think that if we half our prices we double our crowd, I can only assume these deluded fools have been ingesting a cocktail of acid and ketamine for breakfast.

Ironically that's a fairly whiny, bitchy tear stained post and one that has totally missed the point which was absolutely nothing to do with the adult pricing.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ironically that's a fairly whiny, bitchy tear stained post and one that has totally missed the point which was absolutely nothing to do with the adult pricing.

What was the point then? I've covered both the child ticket issue and the fact you seem peeved about the price in general (that's fairly clear from your initial tweet tbh).

Either way it wasn't DFC's fault you paid full price for concession tickets yet we have dribbling fools all over your twitter account telling us how we should do it and how much of a disgrace we are. We don't deserve bad PR for something that wasn't our fault.

16 minutes ago, Div said:

It was getting my hole that led to me having to spend £14 on a kids ticket.

No, you being a complete fud is what led you to forking out £14 on a kids ticket when people with a tad more sense were able to reserve them for nothing.

But I suppose actually sorting your tickets out with minimal fuss like most others doesn't suit your "SCOATTASH FITBA IS A FUCKAN MESS" agenda. Hilarious viewing from your various twitter accounts over the last day or so. Crying about us (a part time football club with about 500 fans) only being open from 9:30am-3:30pm when your own club is only open from 10am-2pm is up there with the best though. A walking, living, breathing minter.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What was the point then? I've covered both the child ticket issue and the fact you seem peeved about the price in general (that's fairly clear from your initial tweet tbh).

Either way it wasn't DFC's fault you paid full price for concession tickets yet we have dribbling fools all over your twitter account telling us how we should do it and how much of a disgrace we are. We don't deserve bad PR for something that wasn't our fault.

The point was entirely about how the free kids tickets has been handled.

St.Mirren published ticket news saying Saints fans looking for the free tickets must get those on the day of the game.
They turned away a Saints fan who turned up looking for a free kids and an adult ticket, saying same as above.
Said fella lives near Dumbarton so he popped in to Sons and managed to buy his adult ticket and free kids ticket for the away end.
So straight away we have mis-information.

On my Saints twitter account I told buddies that was the way to get their free tickets in advance.
Dumbarton then started selling some to Saints fans, but it was a bit random. One got them, one got told they had to wait until the day of the game.
That same fan then got a call back from Dumbarton saying actually they had made a mistake and they could buy them in advance.
Dumbarton then apparently told someone they only had 50 under-12 tickets to give away and that St.Mirren had the rest and they didn't know why they weren't selling them.

So all in all, to me anyway, it's a bit of a clusterfuck for no real reason. Both clubs are at fault in my view, I tweeted both of them asking for some clarification on the correct arrangements and got no response. All that's needed is a bit of clear communication.

My son is 14 so it doesn't apply to him anyway, I'm £36 regardless. The two lads I am going with have under-12s with them and both took the decision that they would rather just pay the £14 now so we could all sit together and be guaranteed of getting in rather than turning up and it being a total scrum at Dumbarton on Saturday.

Anyway, sure today we will get some clarity and I can stop "whining, bitching and crying".

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No, you being a complete fud is what led you to forking out £14 on a kids ticket when people with a tad more sense were able to reserve them for nothing.

But I suppose actually sorting your tickets out with minimal fuss like most others doesn't suit your "SCOATTASH FITBA IS A FUCKAN MESS" agenda. Hilarious viewing from your various twitter accounts over the last day or so. Crying about us (a part time football club with about 500 fans) only being open from 9:30am-3:30pm when your own club is only open from 10am-2pm is up there with the best though. A walking, living, breathing minter.

St.Mirren ticket office is only open 10am till 2pm because we can buy our tickets 24x7 online.

My son wouldn't qualify for an under-12s ticket as he is 14.

Minter indeed.

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Just an observation, but I've noticed in the past that the P&B Twitter feed will tweet something out, get corrected on it, but then not remove, or correct their initial inaccuracy. Considering how big their audience is, they really should.

Can you give me an example of that?

9 minutes ago, Div said:

St.Mirren ticket office is only open 10am till 2pm because we can buy our tickets 24x7 online.

My son wouldn't qualify for an under-12s ticket as he is 14.

Minter indeed.

:lol:

What is your problem then? You don't like the price but forked out for all those tickets and then feel you've got a right to slate our club all over twitter for it? You're a fucking mug and I wish we'd charged you more.

2 minutes ago, Div said:

Except Dumbarton are happily taking reservations in person or over the phone so why would we tell St Mirren they need to get them on the day? It's a total non-issue that you're trying to inflate to damage our club. You don't even need an U12 ticket. You're a c**t.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

What is your problem then? You don't like the price but forked out for all those tickets and then feel you've got a right to slate our club all over twitter for it? You're a fucking mug and I wish we'd charged you more.

I don't like the price but it's either pay it or sit at home, I don't really have any other choice.

Apologies for giving your club my custom.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Except Dumbarton are happily taking reservations in person or over the phone so why would we tell St Mirren they need to get them on the day? It's a total non-issue that you're trying to inflate to damage our club. You don't even need an U12 ticket. You're a c**t.

Reading isn't your strong point I assume?

2 minutes ago, Div said:

I don't like the price but it's either pay it or sit at home, I don't really have any other choice.

Apologies for giving your club my custom.

Superfan bullshit.

You say that last sentence as if you not turning up would have tangible affect on my clubs finances. Stay at home, save us all from your teenage girl nonsense.

Just now, Div said:

Reading isn't your strong point I assume?

Sadly I can read your complete pish all too well.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Superfan bullshit.

You say that last sentence as if you not turning up would have tangible affect on my clubs finances. Stay at home, save us all from your teenage girl nonsense.

Sadly I can read your complete pish all too well.

My advice is that you don't get a job in marketing or sales when you leave School.

This thread is magic. On yersel The moonster. Cue P&B meltdown when we hand the already seething st mirren fans a pumping on Saturday. Or the further seethe when the games off for a frozen pitch, Div et al have a grumble all over Twitter about how shite our wee club is and we should have Undersoil heating turned up full blast, then they need to go through the ticket fiasco all over again for the rearranged fixture.

Archived