Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a few Saints fans on Twitter talking about going up the Rock for this. I'd fully recommend that - it worked so well for the guys on Twitter last time, and you could sneak a carry-out up with you.

Spoiler

Or maybe the Rock shut at 4 and they were turfed out at half-time but failed to mention it on Twitter...

Anyway my Uncle's over from Dubai for this one and, in about eight years of coming over for about a game a season, he's never seen us win. In fact I don't think he's seen us score. Fortunately this time he won't be a jinx, we just don't do scoring at the moment. Can't see anything other than a 0-2 St Mirren victory, unless we can magically tempt Stephen Dobbie back to the Rock in time for kick-off :(

I've seen a few Saints fans on Twitter talking about going up the Rock for this. I'd fully recommend that - it worked so well for the guys on Twitter last time, and you could sneak a carry-out up with you.
Spoiler Or maybe the Rock shut at 4 and they were turfed out at half-time but failed to mention it on Twitter...
Anyway my Uncle's over from Dubai for this one and, in about eight years of coming over for about a game a season, he's never seen us win. In fact I don't think he's seen us score. Fortunately this time he won't be a jinx, we just don't do scoring at the moment. Can't see anything other than a 0-2 St Mirren victory, unless we can magically tempt Stephen Dobbie back to the Rock in time for kick-off [emoji20]

Are they taking the flag with the cartoon panda on it?

Real edgy protesting skillz.

Spoiler Or maybe the Rock shut at 4 and they were turfed out at half-time but failed to mention it on Twitter...
Anyway my Uncle's over from Dubai for this one and, in about eight years of coming over for about a game a season, he's never seen us win. In fact I don't think he's seen us score. Fortunately this time he won't be a jinx, we just don't do scoring at the moment. Can't see anything other than a 0-2 St Mirren victory, unless we can magically tempt Stephen Dobbie back to the Rock in time for kick-off [emoji20]
Take your uncle up the rock to watch the game from there with a carry out..........

Our last defeat was against Dumbartom but since then we've got 16/18 points against 2/15 for them. Logic suggests that if we play to the top end of our ability we will win, but then I said the same last month. :fishwallop

No doubt the ex-Saints in Dumbarton's team will be up for a repeat - the biggest danger amongst them is Walsh who looks dangerous any time he is given room (even while with us). 

Spoiler

£22 a ticket - The Unacceptable Face of Capitalism!

Image result for the unacceptable face of capitalism

There is a chance we'll have one, perhaps two new faces in before this game. One will presumably be the much touted loan deal from Celtic, and if it ends up who it's been hinted at it'll provide cover but not get into the first team (at least not straight away). As for the other, I'd expect a wide player but no idea of when or whom. A striker being brought in would hint a Sutton going out and if that chat is right about Aitken wanting him then I hope that the deal is done after this game rather than before.

Magennis has really come onto a game in the last couple of weeks. So much so I can see him being more of an issue to Dumbarton than Morgan - purely because you'll expect Aitken to have his players closely marking him. In terms of the Cypriot battle, we'll have ours in the squad, and he's put in a couple of very 'un-Stellios' shifts. Will the Sons Cypriot be making an appearance?

We have a little gap at the top, and depending on how United fair against Dunfermline a draw wouldn't be the worst result but if you look at the table and the squads on paper we really should, and probably will, take the 3.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We could potentially have our entire first choice back 4 out for this. Add that to the fact we have nothing up front and I'm struggling to build any enthusiasm for this. Some good news through the week, please.

Yet ironically we are over stocked in the defensive line, including Buchanan who came from you and isn't even getting a game.

14 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

There is a chance we'll have one, perhaps two new faces in before this game. One will presumably be the much touted loan deal from Celtic, and if it ends up who it's been hinted at it'll provide cover but not get into the first team (at least not straight away). As for the other, I'd expect a wide player but no idea of when or whom. A striker being brought in would hint a Sutton going out and if that chat is right about Aitken wanting him then I hope that the deal is done after this game rather than before.

Magennis has really come onto a game in the last couple of weeks. So much so I can see him being more of an issue to Dumbarton than Morgan - purely because you'll expect Aitken to have his players closely marking him. In terms of the Cypriot battle, we'll have ours in the squad, and he's put in a couple of very 'un-Stellios' shifts. Will the Sons Cypriot be making an appearance?

We have a little gap at the top, and depending on how United fair against Dunfermline a draw wouldn't be the worst result but if you look at the table and the squads on paper we really should, and probably will, take the 3.

I wouldn't be so sure. Sam Wardrop (ironically now Morgan's teammate) who marked him out the game in Paisley has been out for the past two matches, and might not be back for this. If he isn't it means Morgan will probably be up against David Smith who, I'd imagine, he'll have a bit more joy against.

On Froxy, God knows, he seems to be injured more often than not. Maybe a week's rest will have done him good.

Archived