Dunfermline v Dundee Utd. Sat. 13th Jan '18

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

We're going to fucking skelp them around like the Malpas loving, Kirkwood managed, Petriescoresyacunts, wewontheleagueattannadiceandlaughedatjimmclean, c***s.

Someone needs a cuddle.

I hope we beat Dunfermline because:

1.  Shandon Par is a fanny and;

2.  Shandon Par is a fanny.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Someone needs a cuddle.

I hope we beat Dunfermline because:

1.  Shandon Par is a fanny and;

2.  Shandon Par is a fanny.

That cuts to the core. When have I ever been anything but courteous to you? 

In the last 3 games Dundee Utd have 1 win in their last 5 away games, including dropping points against Brechin. Dunfermline off the back of 3 wins, admittedly against the bottom 3 sides.

Away win likely.

I hope we scud them, this Laszlo guy is coming across as quite the fanny in the press since the 6-1 hammering.

3 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

In the last 3 games Dundee Utd have 1 win in their last 5 away games, including dropping points against Brechin. Dunfermline off the back of 3 wins, admittedly against the bottom 3 sides.

Away win likely.

I hope we scud them, this Laszlo guy is coming across as quite the fanny in the press since the 6-1 hammering.

In what way? 

Managers passing blame to players doesn't sit well with me, it's up to him get the players to perform and up to him to get the system right. If either fail it's his responsibility.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1405878-csaba-laszlo-not-even-celtic-would-beat-dundee-utd-6-1/

A few quotes in there made me think who does he think he is and what does he think Dundee Utd is? McLean's team of the 80s? Middle of the road club along with the rest of us in the championship nowadays.

On 08/01/2018 at 07:18, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hopefully we lose and can subsequently call off the search party for All Star Par. By sheer coincidence he's dropped off the face of the earth at the same time we've won three consecutive games.

Fake news.

Our keeper was the man of the match against the poorest Falkirk team ever seen, don't let this whole 'three wins' patter fool you, we are still fairly rancid and United -1 should be free money. At least the turnstiles are working now though and 442 seems to be slipping away. 

39 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Managers passing blame to players doesn't sit well with me, it's up to him get the players to perform and up to him to get the system right. If either fail it's his responsibility.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1405878-csaba-laszlo-not-even-celtic-would-beat-dundee-utd-6-1/

A few quotes in there made me think who does he think he is and what does he think Dundee Utd is? McLean's team of the 80s? Middle of the road club along with the rest of us in the championship nowadays.

I can barely make out what he's on about, f**k knows what the players must think.

I can barely make out what he's on about, f**k knows what the players must think.

I have always thought that a manager should be an inspirational figure who can motivate players almost as much as be tactically astute - particularly in the lower divisions.
Never really been able to get head around clubs who sign foreign managers with a limited grasp of English unless it’s at the level of the English Premiership where they can sign players with near unlimited funds.
Thought a lack of motivation was definitely a factor in United’s collapse on Saturday despite how well we played...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I have always thought that a manager should be an inspirational figure who can motivate players almost as much as be tactically astute - particularly in the lower divisions.
Never really been able to get head around clubs who sign foreign managers with a limited grasp of English unless it’s at the level of the English Premiership where they can sign players with near unlimited funds.
Thought a lack of motivation was definitely a factor in United’s collapse on Saturday despite how well we played...

Laszlo speaks multiple languages and in the majority of his interviews he is very clear. His post-match rant at Falkirk was not pretty and the media team probably should have waited until he had calmed down a bit. 

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

The quotes in the article make more sense in the context of the live interview. He was trying to point out that his approach would not allow us to lose like that again. I don't think he has been overly critical of the players and again in the interview he admits blame on his own part too. Personally I don't agree with your original assessment of him acting like a "fanny"; he hasn't.

Laszlo speaks multiple languages and in the majority of his interviews he is very clear. His post-match rant at Falkirk was not pretty and the media team probably should have waited until he had calmed down a bit. 

I will take your word got it. It was certainly a remarkable level of gobbledegook, and you would have expected a calmer more rational response from someone with such a long and wide varying CV.
Then again you only need to look at Mourinho to see where that argument falls down...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I will take your word got it. It was certainly a remarkable level of gobbledegook, and you would have expected a calmer more rational response from someone with such a long and wide varying CV.
Then again you only need to look at Mourinho to see where that argument falls down...

Fucking hell, have you heard of Csaba Laszlo before?

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Laszlo is certainly eccentric but he has been given a hard ride over the past few days, especially with accusations over his apparent lack of English (this isn't aimed at you by the way, our own fans have been at it).

Fucking hell, have you heard of Csaba Laszlo before?

Not sure I understand the seethe, tbh.
I am aware he had some success at Hearts and in Hungary as well as elsewhere. However if you ask me when I last listened to one of his interviews prior to Saturday I honestly couldn’t recollect one. Indeed why should I expect to anyway?

Archived