Stay Classy Sinn Fein

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Question to the Shinners on here:

This morning's Today programme was dedicated to women's suffrage and Nancy Astor featured heavily.  Does it bother you that Constance Markievicz was overlooked?

Are you? If not, why not?

P.S. Fashion advice from Constance:  "Dress suitably in short skirts and strong boots, leave your jewels in the bank, and buy a revolver."

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are you? If not, why not?

I'm just amused at the thought of an English aristocrat and the daughter of an  American slave-owner having a mud-fight over who should be regarded as the first woman MP elected to the mother of parliaments.

Edited by The_Kincardine

24 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm just amused at the thought of an English aristocrat and the American daughter of a slave-owner having a mud-fight over who should be regarded as the first woman MP elected to the mother of parliaments.

Having a father in the House of Lords does not make you English, and her father rarely left Ireland apart from his Arctic adventures, and occasional hunting trips to Africa. And there's no mud fight, Constance won her seat first.

Edited by welshbairn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43012340

She's off to a great start, telling lies just like her predecessor - 'Ms McDonald, 48, said she was "humbled" to lead "Ireland's oldest and greatest political party".'

Wrong.

42 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Mary Lou McDonald certainly off to a flyer ending her maiden speech as the new presidential face of Sinn Fein! “Up the Rebels, Our Day Will Come”!
At least she’s trying a different tack eh!?emoji47.png

As opposed to Ian paisley shouting no surrender last week.  Didn't see you comment about that.  Probably cracked a stauner.

As opposed to Ian paisley shouting no surrender last week.  Didn't see you comment about that.  Probably cracked a stauner.

I’m completely opposed to Paisley’s position on the EU (you know that), I’ve haven’t claimed to hold favour with the DUP either.
I’m afraid your readily prepared generalisations don’t always hit the mark Pep.
If you think Paisley’s rants hold the same sway as the words of the New President of SF, you’re miles off. Try again.

26 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I’m completely opposed to Paisley’s position on the EU (you know that), I’ve haven’t claimed to hold favour with the DUP either.
I’m afraid your readily prepared generalisations don’t always hit the mark Pep.
If you think Paisley’s rants hold the same sway as the words of the New President of SF, you’re miles off. Try again.

Let's see, monarchist, loyalist, British nationalist, unionist, protestant supremacist, bigot and rangers fan.

I think my generalisations are bang on the money Wes.  You couldn't be more of a stereotype.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Sweet Mary Lou I'm so in love with you.

nn%20Feins%20Mary.jpg

Anyway. What's the DUPs issue with an Irish Act?

Do they worry they will be forced to take the dative case after prepositions?

Unionists have always been against promoting the Irish language because to them it would be Northern Ireland losing part of its Britishness. The majority of people learning it probably don't class themselves as British of course.

Let's see, monarchist, loyalist, British nationalist, unionist, protestant supremacist, bigot and rangers fan.

I think my generalisations are bang on the money Wes.  You couldn't be more of a stereotype.

I suppose 2/7 ain’t bad Pep, at least you’re showing some signs of improvement![emoji6]