Sign in to follow this  
Northfield 53

Inverness v Queens

Looks very much like petering out to another very " Meh " season!

( Cue fantastic 2nd half revival ) I wish.

How, have you heard rumours of Naysmith getting the boot? That's the only way we'll be improving

I wouldn’t rule out being dragged into the relegation playoff battle if we continue fielding inexperienced sides such as today.

The direction we are headed depends massively on the signings we make.

We’re another two players down after today (potentially 3 depending what you read into Stirling’s absence), with deafening silence regarding replacing them.

Really worrying times at the minute.

2-0 down at half time. Out battled and out played by a more confident looking Caley team. Only time we look capable is the long ball (Dobbie missed a sitter by his standards) or when Dykes or Rooney goes on a run. Kane a bit invisible in a deepish role. Rankin running about a lot. Naysmith swearing a lot.

I wouldn’t rule out being dragged into the relegation playoff battle if we continue fielding inexperienced sides such as today.

We’re another two players down after today (potentially 3 depending what you read into Stirling’s absence), with deafening silence regarding replacing them.

I'd bite your hand off for 8th right now.

Take Kane out that squad today and we have next weeks attacking options. And he's told Lyle he'd free to find a new club? Unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

That's a realistic concern if signings don't materialise.

Our squad is now extremely threadbare.   We scrapped our way to a win last week, but outcomes like the likely one today will be much more frequent if this (or indeed something weaker) is the sort of side we continue to field. 

ba363c56b8f3086e3c49c53bae565787.jpg

Just had a wee look at the stats. We're getting hammered in possession but at least we haven't had a shot on target...

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just had a wee look at the stats. We're getting hammered in possession but at least we haven't had a shot on target...

Shocking stuff.

Caley backed at 7/2 -1. Given the outcome when I backed Livi last week you can thank me in advance for our 4-0 win.

7/2, clowns

3-1 now. It will be typical QOS to score again and ruin your bet :lol:

That would be hilarious tbh. Don't like betting against my own team

The Owen Bell goal has helped to keep us above Inverness on goal difference - without it we would have been 6th

Positives are in short supply after that. A memorable moment for Owen Bell and a new contract for Dobbie about all we can take from today.

Off the field goings on are of far greater interest than whats happening on the field at the moment.

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Positives are in short supply after that. A memorable moment for Owen Bell and a new contract for Dobbie about all we can take from today.

Off the field goings on are of far greater interest than whats happening on the field at the moment.

Off the field goings on??

Off the field goings on??

As in, are we signing any players? Will Lyle stay or go? What’s happening with Stirling? How have we ended up in this situation where we can’t even fill a bench? Are we skint?

That would be hilarious tbh. Don't like betting against my own team

It's a safer bet than backing them at the moment unfortunately.

Just add congratulations to young Owen Bell. Well done to the boy.

That’s a brilliant win for us. There have been so many draws this season that we’ve probably deserved to win. Queens, Morton, Livi, Falkirk games to name a few.

We’re as good as any team in the league bar St. Mirren, and it’d be disappointing if we didn’t sneak into the play-offs.

Oakley got a fair bit of stick from our fans but it’s clear that he’s very effective up front and a better option than Baird and with players like Vigurs, Polworth, Doran and Mulraney all on good form we’ll be very hard to beat. We’ve been good enough to crack the play-off spots for the last few weeks but red cards have shut us down.

Shout out to Joe Chalmers who has been consistently very good this season. I remember being raging at him after the Dumbarton loss earlier in the year, but since then, he, Brad McKay and especially Coll Donaldson have been superb. All of those 3 were labelled duds by other clubs’ fans on here.

Tremarco will be a big miss over the next few weeks but Calder has been solid recently.

18 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

As in, are we signing any players? Will Lyle stay or go? What’s happening with Stirling? How have we ended up in this situation where we can’t even fill a bench? Are we skint?

Think Lyle will start next week in the Scottish Cup, Stirling think seen last of him, currently sitting just out of top 4 can't really complain with one of smallest budgets & squads in league and injuries to key players Fordyce, Jacobs, Lyle, Carmichael, Marshall. Hopefully one or two injuries clear up this week and we get a couple of signings in this week now that the St Johnstone players are away today.