Inverness v Queens

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The chairman is on my train the now might try get some answers
Impressed with the support that made the long journey up today,Big week ahead hopefully some players in
Invermess were better but our team currently is extremely poor and worrying 

If you do let us know lol

16 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Post=match interview with GN. I skipped through it a bit but didn`t catch any mention of looking to get new players in. That`s not to say we aren`t trying to of course.

This guy has a black belt in BS he gets shot or doesn't  play players with experience then whinges about playing youngsters

14 minutes ago, Besty said:

This guy has a black belt in BS he gets shot or doesn't  play players with experience then whinges about playing youngsters

Explain who the experienced players are that he never played??

I've got to say that I do like the frankness and even the intensity that Naysmith brings to these interviews.  

There's also a fatalism though.  He sent us out looking to keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible today, which doesn't sound too inspiring.

It also sounds very much like we shouldn't expect much in the way of arrivals.

I suspect that with falling gates, we're pretty hard up and are probably relying on having already harvested enough points to stay out of trouble.  I can't really argue with the logic, as it probably - though not definitely - will see us ok.

In truth, this is actually a great day for Queens given the Dobbie news, but it doesn't feel much like it.  It's just a shame that his contribution during this spell will hopefully be about preserving our current level, rather than reaching another one.

As Naysmith is fond of saying though, it is what it is.

16 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Explain who the experienced players are that he never played??

No instead you look at the squad and see who wasn't playing then look at the players he's given the boot too, saves me looking .

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've got to say that I do like the frankness and even the intensity that Naysmith brings to these interviews.  

There's also a fatalism though.  He sent us out looking to keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible today, which doesn't sound too inspiring.

It also sounds very much like we shouldn't expect much in the way of arrivals.

I suspect that with falling gates, we're pretty hard up and are probably relying on having already harvested enough points to stay out of trouble.  I can't really argue with the logic, as it probably - though not definitely - will see us ok.

In truth, this is actually a great day for Queens given the Dobbie news, but it doesn't feel much like it.  It's just a shame that his contribution during this spell will hopefully be about preserving our current level, rather than reaching another one.

As Naysmith is fond of saying though, it is what it is.

To quote "it is what it Is" not sure what it means though

4 minutes ago, Besty said:

No instead you look at the squad and see who wasn't playing then look at the players he's given the boot too, saves me looking .

Av looked at the squad, canny see any experienced players that he could have picked today that aren't injured, hands are tied.

Have to agree with Monkey Tennis about the fatalism in Naysmiths video. Brought me in mind of Rowan Alexander at his lowest point - no real positivity. Sitting fairly close to him today and he does spend a lot of time blaming players for stuff (at least when we’re losing) not sure that’s the best tactic with young players.

Firstly I thought ICT were excellent all over the pitch. John Robertson inherited a difficult assignment and while it has taken a while he is now combining strength in the right areas with some genuine talent. Thought Vigurs and the left back were outstanding yday.

I must say it frustrates me to make a long away trip and see us set up with the lone striker scenario and everybody else scurrying about trying to get behind the ball. We gave ICT an invitation to come at us unchallenged in the forward areas and they took full advantage.

We played much the same way at Livvy, defended deep, made the game ugly and came away with 3 points. You can only "ride your luck" so long and it is virtually impossible to keep grinding out big results with
such a negative approach. Thought we took a good support yesterday in the circs and the tame manner of our defeat was a huge "slap in the face".

Most of the players that turned in a superb away win at Dunfermline were available for selection so I am genuinely at a loss to understand why we have to go to Inverness inviting so much trouble and offering so little ourselves.

Leighfield did well - not sure what happened for second goal but it may have been a mishit or a deflection. Other than Dobbie having a few shots and Kerr/Bell doing ok I am struggling to think of any other players getting pass marks.

We are underdogs for top 4 Play Off but let's at least attack the objective with a bit of self belief and positivity. For some inexplicable reason in the two away games following our 5-2 win at EEP we have decided to discard the attacking philosophy and revert to this horrible form of "industrial football" that certainly doesn't play to our strengths.

I think ICT are certainly in the top 3 best teams in this league and I would imagine that they will finish in top 4 potentially leaving one place available.

Nice quality video. For me resolved our keeper of the blame I had been thinking he maybe deserved for the 2nd and 3rd goals. The 2nd in particular he looked at fault at the time but if anything one of the 3 defenders stood in his line of sight should have got a foot on it. Pretty much the same scenario for the 3rd goal which again your looking for a block.

Jeezo.

Keeper should definitely have saved the second one. The last player the ball passed was about 7 yards out and it was hardly a thunderbolt. Third, not so sure, but again it wasn’t that hard a shot. Looks like Kane was all over the shop for the first.

Jeezo.
Keeper should definitely have saved the second one. The last player the ball passed was about 7 yards out and it was hardly a thunderbolt. Third, not so sure, but again it wasn’t that hard a shot. Looks like Kane was all over the shop for the first.

No look at the very last shot from behind the goal. There’s no way he even knew the guy was shooting until the ball came past the last defender.

Archived