Inverness v Queens

Looks very much like petering out to another very " Meh " season!
( Cue fantastic 2nd half revival ) I wish.

How, have you heard rumours of Naysmith getting the boot? That's the only way we'll be improving [emoji38]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks very much like petering out to another very " Meh " season!
( Cue fantastic 2nd half revival ) I wish.

I wouldn’t rule out being dragged into the relegation playoff battle if we continue fielding inexperienced sides such as today.

The direction we are headed depends massively on the signings we make.

We’re another two players down after today (potentially 3 depending what you read into Stirling’s absence), with deafening silence regarding replacing them.

Really worrying times at the minute.

2-0 down at half time. Out battled and out played by a more confident looking Caley team. Only time we look capable is the long ball (Dobbie missed a sitter by his standards) or when Dykes or Rooney goes on a run. Kane a bit invisible in a deepish role. Rankin running about a lot. Naysmith swearing a lot.

I wouldn’t rule out being dragged into the relegation playoff battle if we continue fielding inexperienced sides such as today.

We’re another two players down after today (potentially 3 depending what you read into Stirling’s absence), with deafening silence regarding replacing them.

I'd bite your hand off for 8th right now.

Take Kane out that squad today and we have next weeks attacking options. And he's told Lyle he'd free to find a new club? Unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

That's a realistic concern if signings don't materialise.

Our squad is now extremely threadbare.   We scrapped our way to a win last week, but outcomes like the likely one today will be much more frequent if this (or indeed something weaker) is the sort of side we continue to field. 

Positives are in short supply after that. A memorable moment for Owen Bell and a new contract for Dobbie about all we can take from today.

Off the field goings on are of far greater interest than whats happening on the field at the moment.

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Positives are in short supply after that. A memorable moment for Owen Bell and a new contract for Dobbie about all we can take from today.

Off the field goings on are of far greater interest than whats happening on the field at the moment.

Off the field goings on??

18 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

As in, are we signing any players? Will Lyle stay or go? What’s happening with Stirling? How have we ended up in this situation where we can’t even fill a bench? Are we skint?

Think Lyle will start next week in the Scottish Cup, Stirling think seen last of him, currently sitting just out of top 4 can't really complain with one of smallest budgets & squads in league and injuries to key players Fordyce, Jacobs, Lyle, Carmichael, Marshall. Hopefully one or two injuries clear up this week and we get a couple of signings in this week now that the St Johnstone players are away today.

We totally dominated today until we subbed Vigurs. After that our midfield lost its shape and we struggled to control midfield. You could see Queens were going to score at that point. Once we sorted that out we held on sitting in for the win.

Think Lyle will start next week in the Scottish Cup, Stirling think seen last of him, currently sitting just out of top 4 can't really complain with one of smallest budgets & squads in league and injuries to key players Fordyce, Jacobs, Lyle, Carmichael, Marshall. Hopefully one or two injuries clear up this week and we get a couple of signings in this week now that the St Johnstone players are away today.

Yes I agree, all things considered we are performing alright. We’re punching our weight, perhaps slightly above. Certainly not below, which is why I find the constant criticism of Naysmith tiresome.

Equally though all the concerns I raised in my previous post are legitimate. There have been no solid suggestions that we’ll be bringing anyone else in meaning we’ll be running a far smaller and less experienced squad for the second half of the season.

That suggests we either budgeted poorly in the summer, or the budget is being cut. Both are concerns.

Archived