Downtime Tonight

An update on this for anyone interested!

We worked with an external consultant yesterday and applied some changes yesterday evening. All web services have now been running without any issues for almost ten hours.

Given previously that the web services were failing sometimes 2 or 3 times an hour this is considered to be progress!

We won't really know if the underlying problems have been fully fixed until we have some proper busy traffic but at least we are heading in the right direction.

Apologies about the disruption of late. 99% of the issues we've had with this site over the last 14 years have always been to do with the backend database, which is now really solid.

This is the first time we've really had problems with the web service itself.

Hopefully we can put all this behind us now and get back to talking shite.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now suspect that it was a bug in the App that's been causing the server lock ups. What a surprise.

I fucking hate that App.

We've totally refreshed the App software. If you're having any issues using it, uninstall and reinstall and log back in and you should be good to go.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Get the app in the sea, you know it makes sense.

I would gladly, and it's something I am considering. No real need for it now that the mobile version is much better. Lot of users like it, but costs a lot to maintain, causes problems, and doesn't support any decent advertising so it's a royal pain in the tits!

1 hour ago, Div said:

Now suspect that it was a bug in the App that's been causing the server lock ups. What a surprise.

I fucking hate that App.

We've totally refreshed the App software. If you're having any issues using it, uninstall and reinstall and log back in and you should be good to go.

Doesnt let me log back in.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

Fud lol. Android. Working now but had to uninstall again.

Cool. Sorry things have been shit recently. Fingers crossed it's behind us now!

20 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Up and down a fair bit again this morning and slow as a week in jail when running.

Have been tidying up a lot of stuff this morning, not been any downtime though?

Server logs all look good, is it still sluggish for you?

2 minutes ago, Div said:

Have been tidying up a lot of stuff this morning, not been any downtime though?

Server logs all look good, is it still sluggish for you?

Much slicker now. Just got a few of those Cloudfare pages but nothing for a while now.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone who thinks the website is better than the app when on a phone needs their wiring checked. 

How does traffic fare when the app is out the game Div? Seems quieter just now but maybe its just me... 

The app is working fine. No issues at all with any services today!

7 minutes ago, Div said:

The sort of stellar input we've come to expect from Morton fans in the community.

Sorry. Will need to remember that banter (even shite banter) doesn’t relate to this part of the forum. :( 

Archived