Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of people on here who seem to think that pie and bovril thread titles influence the outcome of games is concerning.  

Thread title seems pretty accurate to me anyway.

I predict, champions elect 4 playoff hopefuls 0. We have got to start playing well sooner or later.

47 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

The amount of people on here who seem to think that pie and bovril thread titles influence the outcome of games is concerning.  

Thread title seems pretty accurate to me anyway.

I predict, champions elect 4 playoff hopefuls 0. We have got to start playing well sooner or later.

FFS. You boys need locked away until after Saturday. 

Not really keen on Rovers fans showing that kind of arrogance to be honest. 

We've clawed back 9 points in two weeks, which is good going. I feared Ayr would be coming here with an 8 point lead or more.

Even a defeat wouldn't be the end of the world, but a win would be massive. 

Anyway nothing gets decided in January.  We have 3 away games after this which is where we are at the moment more likely to drop points.

What I would say is that dropping Vaughan into midfield has made an absolutely massive difference to Buchanan and Spence.

Title has now gone. Raith are not dropping silly points and we are chucking them away big time.

We are going to Kirkcaldy next week with a patched up team with no first choice midfield a weakened defence and probably the worst goalkeeper to have played for us, in recent years. Only one winner here I'm afraid.

Title has now gone. Raith are not dropping silly points and we are chucking them away big time.

And yet rewind a month to our fortunate draw at Airdrie, we were playing appallingly, couldn’t buy a result away from home and Ayr couldn’t stop not just winning but skelping teams by four or five. That’s a title race for you. There’s been a couple of changes of momentum this season and I’d still expect a couple yet.

The last three Saturday’s have been outrageously good to us though, no denying it. Left us in a position where a defeat isn’t the end of the world here, a draw is fine and a victory leaves us heavy favourites.

All seems too good to be true at the moment, especially given where we were just fifteen days ago (!). Would be great to keep the 100% home record going but I’m not convinced we will. We haven’t really got going against Ayr this season yet, partly through circumstance at Stark’s where we found ourselves ahead with two trundlers and didn’t need to do much else.

Would be great to avoid defeat and put ourselves into a strong position early on, just for once....

Just hoping it’s just the regulars for this one on Saturday. Nothing worse than when a few hundred extra turn out to see what the fuss is with recent results, always ends in defeat. 

The thought that ‘a draw isn’t the worst result’ hopefully doesn’t seep in to the players mentality. 

9 hours ago, Enigma said:

Interesting to see Ayr pulling out the old ‘injury crisis’ mind games. Hope we’re wise enough not to fall for that one.

It is an injury crisis with us only having Craig Moore on the bench yesterday and a bunch of kids who play in the development team.

It is an injury crisis with us only having Craig Moore on the bench yesterday and a bunch of kids who play in the development team.
[emoji23] we've had a permanent injury crisis since the first game against Ayr at home. We've been missing our first two goalkeepers, left back, center back (captain too), along with Bobby Barr, Robbo and Davidson having niggles at different times. Scott Robertson has only played the last four or five games back in midfield which has made a huge difference.

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Our bench has been mostly full of kids in the development team most of the season.

As has been said, i'd rather leave the early gloating to Ayr who were singing, "we're gonnae win the league" when they scudded us 3-0 at Somerset - in mid November. Talk of injury crisis may be accurate for Ayr but it takes a brave man to try and use it as an excuse for them being pish against us. We've had first choice GK Kevin Cuthbert out for the season, second choice GK Aaron Lennox out for all but about 3 games, first choice LB Kev McHattie out for pretty much the whole season, first choice CB and captain Benedictus out for 4 months, our only wide player Bobby Barr now out for a month and counting. Iain Davidson was out for 4 or 5 games, John Herron the same. Scott Robertson played at centre half along side a previously untested 19 year old who's played pretty much every week since Benedictus got injured. 

Crocodile tears from McCall as far as i'm concerned.

Archived