Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

1 minute ago, Parkhouse said:

How many players have Raith got out?  The boy that broke his leg against us and the left back? Who else?

Cuthbert, Benedictus, McHattie with Herron and Barr both nowhere near full match fitness. Also Zanatta got recalled to Hearts to go on holiday (he's been excellent the last four or five games).  Aaron Lennox is back on the bench now too after a long term injury. 

Our injury problems are finally starting to clear up. Benedictus will be an absolutely huge player to get back. Murray has been fine at left back, but was originally signed to play in the middle. We've basically used players where we can in defence and have relied heavily on times on the likes of Dave McKay (number 18 today),  Jamie Watson at right back (and swapping Thomson to the left) and playing Robertson in defence. It wouldn't surprise me if Robbo has played nearly half his games this season at centre back.  We've not had a solid back line since the last Ayr game at home. 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Poor form? What about yon Ayr player dragging Murray to the ground during the stramash in the goal mouth at that free kick then rolling about holding his face trying to get Murray sent off?

Was just speaking to a Raith supporter on the train who described completely differently.  He said Reid said something to him and Murray is a "hothead" and went for him.  

That point today just underlines the damage we've done to ourselves over the last couple of weeks.  Not sure why the Raith fans are having such a meltdown as its a better point for them than us.  it was always going to be a rough and tumble game.

Poor form? What about yon Ayr player dragging Murray to the ground during the stramash in the goal mouth at that free kick then rolling about holding his face trying to get Murray sent off?

I said both players were throwing themselves around. Adams has a tendency to do that but he's a legend so it's OK.

Just now, rw89 said:

Cuthbert, Benedictus, McHattie with Herron and Barr both nowhere near full match fitness. Also Zanatta got recalled to Hearts to go on holiday (he's been excellent the last four or five games).  Aaron Lennox is back on the bench now too after a long term injury. 

Our injury problems are finally starting to clear up. Benedictus will be an absolutely huge player to get back. Murray has been fine at left back, but was originally signed to play in the middle. We've basically used players where we can in defence and have relied heavily on times on the likes of Dave McKay (number 18 today),  Jamie Watson at right back (and swapping Thomson to the left) and playing Robertson in defence. It wouldn't surprise me if Robbo has played nearly half his games this season at centre back.  We've not had a solid back line since the last Ayr game at home. 

Counting a recalled loan player in the injured player stakes is surely cheating.

18 minutes ago, tigger said:

Ayr fans going on about the number of players being out injured when we have played a makeshift defence for the majority of the season. Get a grip

Aye our defence still only has one first choice for position, midfield has been ravaged by injury and Hearts management.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Both sets of players were throwing themselves around a fair bit.

The ref seemed to be falling for it though.

Makes a change from the last game at Stark's it looked like a one sided wwe ring, the only thing you missed was smashing somebody with a chair.

Lennox has been on the bench for about two months. You have three players out, one of which was your back up goalie and another you all think is hopeless.

18 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Barr loses the ball so many times in a game and he offers nothing defensively. But I hope he has a good run-in to the end of the season. If he could just stop abusing Wee ball boys (verbally) then he would win me over again.

don't know anything about abusing ball boys but barrs been playing injured in the lead upto Christmas.

one thing I have noticed is lewis vaughans goals started drying up as soon as barr was injured ....he set up most of vaughans goals early part of season.

fans can be overcritical at times , wingers are prone to be inconsistent (point about giving the ball away)  and if you find one who is consistent  they wouldn't be playing in  league 1 .

COYR

2 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

That point today just underlines the damage we've done to ourselves over the last couple of weeks.  Not sure why the Raith fans are having such a meltdown as its a better point for them than us.  it was always going to be a rough and tumble game.

Agree with this, although very few Raith fans are actually having a meltdown as you put it. A draw was probably the best result from a neutral point of view.

I think McColl's outburst after the match reeked of desperation on his part.

It almost seems as though Ayr have imploded in the last 6 weeks, at on stage I thought you were going out of sight.  Thanks Ian!!

Draw maybe a fair result but I felt we were the side pushing for a winner more towards the end.

Disgraceful refereeing not sending Adams off for a cynical foul minutes after giving him a final warning. Was surprised at how dirty Ayr were in general.

Should have put more pressure on their keeper he looked an accident waiting to happen. If we are going to continue to boot the ball in the air all the time we need to play Court or sign a target man. 

Another pretty shitty game and abject performance but again a results in our favour so can't complain to much. 

Just now, Mgc1910 said:

Counting a recalled loan player in the injured player stakes is surely cheating.

Just trying to live up to our new our new label given to us by McCall.  Dario was a huge miss for us today and everyone expected him to stay until the end of the season.  I'd hope he comes back on loan after topping up his tan. I think he could've made a real difference today.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Lennox has been on the bench for about two months. You have three players out, one of which was your back up goalie and another you all think is hopeless.

Lennox has been on the bench, but not been fully fit.  Cuthert has been our number 1 keeper since McGurn left, only to suffer horrendous injuries. McHattie isn't ideal, but can still cause problems for a lot of teams. Despite all of our injury woes, we're still top of the table which is excellent. 

What did spence do? I must have missed that

Firstly going out his way to run past the away support after he scored, I hate that! But the main thing was standing in front of our keeper at free kicks trying to stop him communicating with the wall, childish and unprofessional. Guy is a total moron.

Archived