Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

2 minutes ago, rover1985 said:

How is it stupid statement ? Ayr need to close the gap on rovers ...so suits rovers more than ayr.... who are still top of the league with two games in hand.

Are you daft?

Are the two games in hand 6 points. answer that and then you will answer your own question which is no i am not daft but you are for assuming we will win both games.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nervy first half. Ball was like a hot potato at times. Moffat & Shankland far more productive than Spence & Buchanan. Raith better in midfield but reverted to long range powderpuff attempts. Apart from a few teasing crosses by Thomson there was no width. Vaughan with pass marks but was well contained going forward. Barr lifted the home side. Free kick that led to the goal was soft and Ayr penalty looked a stonewaller.

Had Raith been shooting towards the home end second half i think they might've sneaked it.

Thought a draw was a fair result.
Both teams played well in spells.
The ayr goal is going to do nothing to help graham smiths decision to stay on his line all the time because the time that he has come out, hes been lobbed.
Shouts of offside from the raith players, but where i was I couldn’t see if it was or not.
Herron was brutal out wide,thought barr coming on made a hige difference, offered a natural wide man willing to have a go at ayr.
We were looking more likely to score from getting down the wings and balls in the box. The long ball game returned today and just didn’t work at all.
Defensively we were ok, although it seemed to be just a point of getting rid of the ball, with no one looking to put it someone in particular and it led to a few panicky moments.
Missed the indirect free kick incident, can anyone tell me what it was for?

Just now, Varna Rover said:

Are the two games in hand 6 points. answer that and then you will answer your own question which is no i am not daft but you are for assuming we will win both games.

No they are not guaranteed 6 points but Raith are still top of the league so no gap has been closed by ayr 

3 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

incident, can anyone tell me what it was for?

Looked to me like Davidson fluffed a clearance - half a dozen players went for the ball and it was trapped under Davidson which somehow constitutes an indirect free kick.

After that there was some cuddling and raith cleared the attempt.

Completely unsurprising that Ian McCall is talking utter pish.  

This is no doubt one of the games, where both fans will disagree. I felt that we did enough to win the game, and created a lot more clear cut chances and opportunities but I'm sure Ayr fans will differ. 

Didn't feel Herron was doing too badly for the first 35 minutes, before we imploded towards the end of the first half.  Poor defending from Davo who is in the form of his life, but hopefully that sort of mistake will be cut out with the return of Bene in a few weeks. Delighted we got back out and scored straight away though. The game was shaping up to be a high pressure game, but Spence continued his excellent form. We're really feeling the benefit of having Vaughan playing through the middle. 

Surprised Adams stayed on the park long enough to be subbed by McCall. A draw is a good result for us all things considered. We can go on to a tough tie at Stranraer next week and hopefully get a bit more of an advantage.  Hopefully it isn't long until we've got Bene and McHattie back too. Ideally we'll get Lennox back in goals too. 

Looked to me like Davidson fluffed a clearance - half a dozen players went for the ball and it was trapped under Davidson which somehow constitutes an indirect free kick.

After that there was some cuddling and raith cleared the attempt.

Cheers

So yet another clever decision from the scottish refereeing fraternity.

I came back up the stairs and seen the free kick being set up, then half an hour later once the ref finished fannying about, it actually being taken.

Interesting to here Ayr fans thoughts on McCalls post match comments, comes across as he didn’t win a must win game, some really petty excuses and suggesting it was a second string Ayr side that played today.

3 away games on the bounce for Rovers now I’d take 7 points

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Dirty hammer throwing shower of c**ts. #cynical b*****ds.

Ayr had six(6) yellows to our One (1) and committed 15 fouls to our 8 

They were lucky to finish with 11 on the field, and Knobby questions our professionalism!!

Always knew McCall was an out and out clown. Ayr unlikely to have ever a full strength side at any point between now and May, on today's performance they will probably have half of those dirty b*****ds suspended for the next game against us.

Archived