Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

I’d have to say at the time it looked a stonewaller, even from our end. If the shirts changed colour I’d definitely been looking for a penalty. That said having been awarded one penalty in nearly 60 league games I think getting away with one isn’t a lot to ask. Having seen the three games against each other and the recent Ayr game at Bayview I don’t think there is much between the sides. The thing that I think will swing things in our favour is that our defence is more solid and that will only improve when Bene returns. Both teams will continue to out score most teams in the league and it could come down to who drops the most silly points Ayr clear winners on that one so far. Hopefully we can take full advantage of the games in hand both of which are definitely winnable. If roles were reversed I’d be expecting Ayr to pick up six points. Doing that really would ramp up the pressure on Ayr and would be interesting to see how they would cope. Hoping to be heading down to Somerset with a wee points gap in March. Still plenty to play for. Mon the Rovers.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Raith fans have the shitest patter on here, this has been hard to read this week. Some of the attempts at being funny have been painful and a number of the Fife faithful should be ashamed

Oh dear....having read some of your near hysteria, mouth foaming bile since the game...... ....see that £150 you spent on your Creative Writing Course?........................... get it back!!

A draw was definitely a fair outcome from the game. First half a bit cagey and Ayr prob deserved their goal, albeit I thought defensively we were a bit suspect. How they didn't score from the chance when clean through I'll never know!

I actually thought the 2nd half was excellent. We equalised early and it allowed both teams to open up and go for it. Both teams had chances to win it.

Agree with many that Adams was lucky to stay on the park. Referee must have warned him twice before he was subbed off! Ayr were the more physical team certainly, but I'd actually like to see our midfielders step up in that department. Get stuck in a bit more. Matthews and Herron were both really poor first half - Matthews looked a different player second half though, and I think Barr really changed the game for us. Will be great to get him back fully fit again!

Was convinced it was a good tackle by Davo when the Ayr fans screamed for a pen, but having seen the highlights, not so sure! Doesnt look like he gets the ball.... although I'm not 100% convinced he gets Shankland either. Shankland clearly looking for it and goes down very easily. Seen plenty of them given though, so we may count ourselves lucky

The draw definitely a better result for us than Ayr, but anyone who thinks this is all over because Ayr didn't win needs to get back to reality. Plenty games left, Ayr could easily go on a run again, and our blip October/November could easily happen again! Particularly with a couple of injuries. We are only a point ahead. Points on the board count. Games in hand still need to be won! This has a long way to go yet.

Looks like McCall has lost it, just like 2 seasons ago when we went toe to toe with them...............until November. Then he started trotting out pish about squad sizes, injuries & budgets before finishing about 953 points behind us.

Heard him having several sly wee digs at Steve Clark on Sportsound too.

He's a bitter wee fanny.

Mon The Rovers

Don't think it's mind games from Mccall. Think he made a throw away comment and realised that when asked to expand.

In any case it's daft, as these types of things are only ever used as motivation.

Look up the definition of car crash in the dictionary and this thread will be there. Ayr fans raging at Spence. Raith fans laughing at Ayr fans raging at Spence then foaming at the mouth about Shankland and McCall. Then Raith fans on Facebook fabricating a story of an OAP being attacked after the game. Is it a Fife genetic thing where you’re just a bit of a weapon? Seen it over the seasons with Dunfermline and their perma rage with us and it’s back to being Raiths turn. Genuine Raith fans on Facebook forums with Killie slogans and talking about Ayrshire being blue and white etc. I wouldn’t even bother passing comment on Raiths local rivalries :lol:

So 1-1 eh?

Look up the definition of car crash in the dictionary and this thread will be there. Ayr fans raging at Spence. Raith fans laughing at Ayr fans raging at Spence then foaming at the mouth about Shankland and McCall. Then Raith fans on Facebook fabricating a story of an OAP being attacked after the game. Is it a Fife genetic thing where you’re just a bit of a weapon? Seen it over the seasons with Dunfermline and their perma rage with us and it’s back to being Raiths turn. Genuine Raith fans on Facebook forums with Killie slogans and talking about Ayrshire being blue and white etc. I wouldn’t even bother passing comment on Raiths local rivalries :lol:
So 1-1 eh?

Don’t forget that McCall deliberately crashed his car into John Herrons car after the match.

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

So 1-1 eh?

:lol: facebook is for wee lassies and morons. Did you go out the rovers Facebook page expecting eloquent in depth analysis of the match ? Nice to see you're still seething on Monday afternoon though:lol:

Mccall had his time years ago then after dundee utd its more or less downhill all the way its no surprise  he's ended up at dross like ayr.Also all this pish about injuries they still should have more than enough to beat forfar or arbroath at home considering they have the biggest squad in the league. 

1 minute ago, RR #1 said:

:lol: facebook is for wee lassies and morons. Did you go out the rovers Facebook page expecting eloquent in depth analysis of the match ? Nice to see you're still seething on Monday afternoon though:lol:

Who said anything about Raith Rovers Facebook page?

Also who’s seething? The most I was raging about on Saturday was Raith bursting my coupon :lol: the draw was literally the worst result for me.

The comments from Ayr fans on Matthew Elders tweet regarding Mcall is the definition of rage.  Personal favourite was the guy who looks like Joe 90, what an absolute state some of these guys got themselves in. 

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The comments from Ayr fans on Matthew Elders tweet regarding Mcall is the definition of rage.  Personal favourite was the guy who looks like Joe 90, what an absolute state some of these guys got themselves in. 

I could tell you exactly who they’d be without even having to look. Folk are just perma ragers. 

39 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Who said anything about Raith Rovers Facebook page?

Also who’s seething? The most I was raging about on Saturday was Raith bursting my coupon :lol: the draw was literally the worst result for me.

So you would rather ayr lost so you won your coupon? what a mink of a supporter you are.   

7 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Oh dear....having read some of your near hysteria, mouth foaming bile since the game...... ....see that £150 you spent on your Creative Writing Course?........................... get it back!!

Hysteria and bile? you have me confused with someone else, examples or gtf

The part in bold has confirmed my point, funny as a heart attack

Archived