Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

Until yesterday we had hardly picked up any yellow cards over the last couple of months so it was a surprise to see the yellow getting flashed so frequently. Title race definitely not over although we have little margin of error. Reassuring to see Stranraer pick up three points, hope they can get something on Saturday.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

How dare you Sir anywhere but K**lie!

You’re getting loaned out to get a sense of humour and not get offended at opposition players celebrating in front of you. 

13 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Shankland doing the old leg drag "Primary official! This highlight headed rapscallion appears to have made connection with my lower limb which should, by rights, result in a penalty kick and perhaps even a red card!" 

Diving fanny. 

Why do you hate Fifers so much, diegomarahenry? 

I imagine that it's because we're genetically superior and live in a beautiful part of the world compared to you but explain otherwise if you will. 

Seeing the Raith highlights it does look like the Raith guy could have got a touch so i would probably say it's inconclusive on whether it was a penalty or not.

1 hour ago, rw89 said:

Shock twist when NorthTerraceGazza and diegomarahenry move to Killie in a swap deal for Gordon Sawers and an old cassette of Paper Roses on deadline day. 

Raith fans have the shitest patter on here, this has been hard to read this week. Some of the attempts at being funny have been painful and a number of the Fife faithful should be ashamed

11 hours ago, Beachbum said:

To me Davidson got the ball, so no penalty but it should have been a corner.

q0sgFCz.gif

I've read a lot of shite on Ayr and Raith threads recently but your post is up there with the best of them, penalty every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

24 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Seeing the Raith highlights it does look like the Raith guy could have got a touch so i would probably say it's inconclusive on whether it was a penalty or not.

It's only inconclusive if your fucking blind, the Raith player got nowhere near the ball.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Or a Raith fan.

The one I quoted is an Ayr fan, the patter's that bad from both sets of fans that a part of me would be happy to see Alloa sneak up and win the league.

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

Having just watched the highlights, i feel IF it was a penalty then Shankland and the rest of the team would have appealed much more than they did

You shouldn't need to appeal nor should you need to exaggerate your fall or even go down, unfortunately that is not the world that our players or officials appear to live in.

If the penalty was awarded, who would have taken it? Would it have gone in?

If Ayr had scored it, would Rovers have equalised? Maybe even scored again?

we’ll never know will we? What we do know is that it wasn’t given and we drew. 1-1.

FIN.

Good night. 

34 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You shouldn't need to appeal nor should you need to exaggerate your fall or even go down, unfortunately that is not the world that our players or officials appear to live in.

I know it shouldn't work like that but i do think Shankands fall probably put the ref off giving a penalty.

Regarding the penalty appeal, the Ayr highlights give a closer view.  It is 100% certain that Davidson did not get a touch on the ball.  Clear as day.  Shankland managed a wee toe poke towards the byeline and then fell over Davidson's leg. Whether he deliberately left his leg hanging to ensure contact is open to question, but contact there was.  See that type of incident every week on MOD and normally the penalty is given. 

TBF could see why the ref might not have given it.  Easy for us with the video evidence, but from his position it might well have looked as if Davidson got a touch on to Shankland's toe, hence the bye kick. 

A draw was a fair enough result.  Sadly I suspect we really needed to win, and given our present form we probably needed a bit of luck to do so and it was not forthcoming. e.g. another ref might well have given the penalty.   

All this talk of "hammer throwers" and thugs is predictable garbage from the bleeding heart Raith fans. Our average fouls per game is about 11, so today's 15 is admittedly a bit excessive.  But fouls commited on us also averages out at about 11 a game.  So it would appear that we are not any more robust than other teams in our league.

The fouls conceded  figure tends to rise when Adams is playing.  I would always have the big guy in the team, but he needs to screw the nut at times.  Not the first game McCall's had to take him off before he gets sent off. 

Thought some of the bookings a bit harsh.  Got the impression the Raith snowflakes knew the ref was a total homer and would give them a foul every time they fell over. Hence they duly spent the game collapsing in  a heap if breathed on too heavily.

Finally, whoever referred to Spence as a total moron and horrible human being is 100% correct.  This may, of course, only be his on field persona.  Off it, for all I know,  he may be the very personification of sweetness and light,  a model citizen and example to us all. 

Just because there's contact does not mean it's a pen. I was quite close to it and it was clear that shanks is looking for it, by getting the touch and then leaning in and ensuring contact. I think he expects more of a challenge but the defender does well.

I don't have any sympathy for either manager over injuries. Both managers have full time budgets available, and have chosen quality over quantity, especially up front. That comes at a cost when the injuries and suspensions kick in. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Why is Spence a horrible human? Because he celebrated a goal and tried to put the keeper off?

The irony of Ayr fans calling anyone else precious :lol:

Unbelievable that people can et so enraged about stuff like this. I'd absolutely love to do this every game if I was a player, to be able to watch middle aged men foaming at the mouth because you'd celebrated a goal :lol:

Archived