Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

Shankland managed to turn a stonewall penalty into a goalkick thanks to his pirhouette dive. The curse of the modern footballer.

This is spot on.

I suspect that an Ayr fan moaning about a slightly dull introduction to the video highlights is a proxy for their frustration at having turned an 8 point lead into a 1 point deficit in a matter of weeks. 

14 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

This is spot on.

I suspect that an Ayr fan moaning about a slightly dull introduction to the video highlights is a proxy for their frustration at having turned an 8 point lead into a 1 point deficit in a matter of weeks. 

It's a wonderful gift being able to do that. 

Lol at Ayr being nothing but hatchet men chat. On our run to being the highest scoring team in the country that's definitely all we've been doing in games [emoji23]
If anything I'd rather we were more hatchety when we start contriving to throw away points.
6 yellow cards say otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Growl3th said:
3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:
Lol at Ayr being nothing but hatchet men chat. On our run to being the highest scoring team in the country that's definitely all we've been doing in games emoji23.png
If anything I'd rather we were more hatchety when we start contriving to throw away points.

6 yellow cards say otherwise.

Four ayr players getting very close to suspensions. Shankland and Moffat on 4 each. Adams and Geggan on 3 each. 7 others on 2 each. 28 yellows so far this season confirms they are hatchet men. Oh dear what with ïnjuries"and possible suspensions coming up what will that clown in the managers office use as excuses soon.

2 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Four ayr players getting very close to suspensions. Shankland and Moffat on 4 each. Adams and Geggan on 3 each. 7 others on 2 each. 28 yellows so far this season confirms they are hatchet men. Oh dear what with ïnjuries"and possible suspensions coming up what will that clown in the managers office use as excuses soon.

Looking up Ayr stats on a Sunday night.

Obsessed.

That's a clear pen, but the way Shankland has went down has swung it for the ref.

Don't quite agree with the Ayr fan who said our defence was pish. Ayr had scored an average of 3 goals per away game and have ran riot at a few grounds this season, there was never any danger of that happening yesterday. Added to that I don't think any of the defence other than Thomson would be playing in those positions if we had our full squad available.

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

That's a clear pen, but the way Shankland has went down has swung it for the ref.

Don't quite agree with the Ayr fan who said our defence was pish. Ayr had scored an average of 3 goals per away game and have ran riot at a few grounds this season, there was never any danger of that happening yesterday. Added to that I don't think any of the defence other than Thomson would be playing in those positions if we had our full squad available.

Agree with all of this. Careful now though, Ayr fans don't like when you mention that we mention we've not got a first choice defence. 

7 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I disagree. IMO McKay has done enough to keep his position when Bene and McHattie return.

I think Mckay has done absolutely fine, but I can't see Smith dropping Murray and Mchattie will go at left  back.

8 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I disagree. IMO McKay has done enough to keep his position when Bene and McHattie return.

We'll actually have a bit of a dilemma when Bene and McHattie do come back. Bene should be right into the team, but it means either sacrificing McKay who has done brilliantly or Davidson who is probably having the best season he's had at Rovers. I'd far rather we kept Murray at left back over McHattie. Seems to be far more stable and excellent on the defensive side, while still getting down the wing. 

If we still don't have much width in midfield, the return of McHattie and Benedictus would allow us to move to a back five, with McHattie and Thomson as wing-backs. It's not really a role that Murray would be suited to, but McHattie would probably be more comfortable with a little less defensive responsibility, and we can perm any three from Bene, Davo, Murray and McKay to play with the odd one out on the bench. 

We'd maybe struggle to find a place in that line-up for Barr, which is a real shame, but it may be the way to get the best out of the squad we've got. 

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The number of fans in the past that have praised the Rovers highlights package is... well it used to happen every week.

I haven’t watched yesterday’s highlights yet but I can imagine they will be a lot, lot worse than they used to.

The boy that took the lead on the highlights, Steven Ward, got his move to Celtic TV after last weekend’s match.

It’s obviously going to take a while for the rest to adjust to their new roles.

The January transfer window throws up all sorts of surprises. 

Thought it was a penalty at the time, and still do.

Shankland (who I think is the best visiting striker this season at starks) goes down like a fanny but it's still a pen for me. Delighted the ref didn't give it.

McCall going down the tunnel - what a weapon of a man.

The constant whining about injuries is wearing a bit thin. Just get on with like we've had to. Waiting on the 'we have more than you' chat which may be true but it's tough shit.

On the 3 games against you.

Game 1 - Ayr the better team but the keeper chucked 2 in. It's not unlucky to have a shit keeper, it's bad management.

Game 2 - breeks down and pumped. Watching that night was hard.

Game 3 - Ayr bossed 1st half and I think we edged the 2nd. On clear cut chances created I was happy with the point. Some meaty tackles from your lot but no issue with that.

Spences celebration was harmless and I'd have no issue seeing opposition players do it to us. A few have already mentioned shankland doing it to us. At the time you shout and moan but i don't think it would annoy me enough to bring it up on a forum later on.

His putting off the keeper was hardly crime of the century either.

Title race nowhere near over.

Thought it was a penalty at the time, and still do.

Shankland (who I think is the best visiting striker this season at starks) goes down like a fanny but it's still a pen for me. Delighted the ref didn't give it.

McCall going down the tunnel - what a weapon of a man.

The constant whining about injuries is wearing a bit thin. Just get on with like we've had to. Waiting on the 'we have more than you' chat which may be true but it's tough shit.

On the 3 games against you.

Game 1 - Ayr the better team but the keeper chucked 2 in. It's not unlucky to have a shit keeper, it's bad management.

Game 2 - breeks down and pumped. Watching that night was hard.

Game 3 - Ayr bossed 1st half and I think we edged the 2nd. On clear cut chances created I was happy with the point. Some meaty tackles from your lot but no issue with that.

Spences celebration was harmless and I'd have no issue seeing opposition players do it to us. A few have already mentioned shankland doing it to us. At the time you shout and moan but i don't think it would annoy me enough to bring it up on a forum later on.

His putting off the keeper was hardly crime of the century either.

Title race nowhere near over.

Summed up perfectly

Shock twist when NorthTerraceGazza and diegomarahenry move to Killie in a swap deal for Gordon Sawers and an old cassette of Paper Roses on deadline day. 

Not a bad deal though for Ayr, if they can find a cassette player that tape is gonna be far more entertaining than anything they have at present.

Archived