Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

To me Davidson got the ball, so no penalty but it should have been a corner.

q0sgFCz.gif

Easy to see why you think Davidson got the ball considering he doesn't touch the ball at all.  

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easy to see why you think Davidson got the ball considering he doesn't touch the ball at all.  

That clip shows he does get the ball there so not sure which clip you’ve watched..?

At the time yesterday, I thought it was as much of a stone-waller that you’re ever likely to see. Now after watching it a few times. Should have been a yellow for diving.

That clip shows he does get the ball there so not sure which clip you’ve watched..?

At the time yesterday, I thought it was as much of a stone-waller that you’re ever likely to see. Now after watching it a few times. Should have been a yellow for diving.

Well he doesn't - Shankland just gets there before him. Davidson sticks a leg in and Shankland trips over him.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Literally couldn't be more clear that he got tripped.

Rubbish. look at his right leg first then his left and then see the trailing right leg. Shankland should have been booked for diving.

Thought it was a penalty at the time, albeit from the other end. Having now seen both sets of highlights, it's "umpire's call" for me. Not conclusive enough either way.

Agree with that. I don’t think it’s a penalty but probably because I’m a Rovers fan. Definitely in the ‘seen them given’ category but Shankland has went looking for it and left a trailing leg, hoping for contact that never really arrived. You could argue either way though.

The goal we lost was very disappointing. Lose the ball cheaply, Davidson loses the tackle in the middle of the park but what’s really disappointing is Jason Thomson playing two or three yards behind David McKay, who has let Shankland go assuming he’ll be offside. Thomson is looking right along the line and actually sprints back to keep him on. I thought McKay had just lost Shankland at the game but that’s disappointing from Thomson, and uncharacteristic too.

And what a mess Ayr made of that indirect free kick. Must be a full second between the lay-off and the shot. Lunacy. Adams is as embarrassing as it appeared at the game, too.

That’s a penalty.

Always find it funny how fans slate the way players go down too, could understand if it was really dramatic but that there certainly wasn’t.

Never watched myself on film after going down playing 5s but imagine it’d look pretty daft some of the time too.

Looked like a good game and a good crowd too.

We're still needing to take chances and defend better judging by the highlights.
Not sure why Barr needs to barge into Adams at that melee. Adams reaction is daft but the hounding of the ref by Raith players there and at other points is also embarrassing. Very, very precious.

Archived