Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Ayr fan complaining about Spence jumping about in front of the goalie has some cheek given the referee stopped the game to allow their player to receive treatment whilst we had he ball and they then launched it out for a throw in our half. Really sportsmanlike.

That'll be me your talking about and yes I agree with you that was a bit naughty tbh.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The Ayr fan complaining about Spence jumping about in front of the goalie has some cheek given the referee stopped the game to allow their player to receive treatment whilst we had he ball and they then launched it out for a throw in our half. Really sportsmanlike.

The best bit was, a few minutes later another player went down injured for Ayr as we won possession at the half way line, so we launched it out to touch from the half way line down to Railway Stand corner flag.  I'm glad our team aren't as naive as last season. It felt like last year, we'd have shrugged our shoulders and given the ball back at the half way line. 

I'd be greeting all day about that penalty claim too tbh. But football is all about "what ifs". Sometimes the referee gives them, other times they have a nightmare. He's hardly helped either team given Adams could've seen red for his constant fouls. 

16 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

On the penalty if your the attacking team it's a stonewaller if your the defending team it's a bit of contact and a dive. Could've gone either way imo.

To me Davidson got the ball, so no penalty but it should have been a corner.

q0sgFCz.gif

Just now, Beastie Russell said:

Nae wonder the Bulgarians thought Norman Wisdom was funny, if that’s the local patter

Wrong they were and still are daft on charlie chaplin. Statues and monuments all over the sandanski and blagoevgrad regions.

Was there any fisticuffs after the game ? I was walking down Pratt Street to my car which was up a side street and it looked as though there was some scrapping up towards the traffic lights at the cross junction ?

I'm still on the side of thinking that's a penalty, but it is definitely one of those ones you see on MOTD on a weekly basis where they hang the leg, wait for the contact then give it a bit of pirouette for effect. To quote Woody, "That wasn't flying; that was falling with style".

I absolutely love big shankland but that was a dive. He was expecting a challenge which never came, and tried to create a foul by dragging the leg. The defender doesn't get the ball, but is sensible and doesn't dive in.

We had some big chances though, throughout the game. Forrest, Adams, shanks and the big defender from the corner all guilty of poor finishing.

Archived