Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

Heron was only playing due to the loss of Zannata and hasn't played for about 5 or 6 weeks and looked well off the pace. Barr would be a starter if anywhere near fit. We lost Callaghan, Benny and Mchattie around the same time early in the season along with Lennox, so I would say we are on a par with Ayr with the loss of players that McCall seems to think is only an Ayr problem. Maybe if his side was less physical they would have less injuries. I thought they got of lightly with only the 6 bookings today. They have some quality and clever forward players and bringing in a keeper might put and end to them dropping silly points, so the games in hand could be crucial to give us a cushion for the game at somerset, especially considering when they have all their players fit the could probably match Barcelona if you believe the manager and some posters on here.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Narey said:

Heron was only playing due to the loss of Zannata and hasn't played for about 5 or 6 weeks and looked well off the pace. Barr would be a starter if anywhere near fit. We lost Callaghan, Benny and Mchattie around the same time early in the season along with Lennox, so I would say we are on a par with Ayr with the loss of players that McCall seems to think is only an Ayr problem. Maybe if his side was less physical they would have less injuries. I thought they got of lightly with only the 6 bookings today. They have some quality and clever forward players and bringing in a keeper might put and end to them dropping silly points, so the games in hand could be crucial to give us a cushion for the game at somerset, especially considering when they have all their players fit the could probably match Barcelona if you believe the manager and some posters on here.

You must be joking. they couldnt even match a team of monkies. Mind you there managed by one too.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

First  impressions of Ruddy from anyone that was there?

Would need to see the goal again to judge his role in it, but he only really had one save to make other than that, and he did it well. Got two good hands behind a decent Davidson strike. 

His kicking was fairly woeful throughout, including one where he let himself be closed down and rattled the ball straight into the onrushing Spence. Lucky to get the bounce of the ball and be able to gather it. 

If his all round goalkeeping is decent enough, then you'd take poor kicking over Hart seemingly giving away a goal a week, but there was more than one occasion where Ruddy invited pressure (one in particular where he sent the ball straight to Herron, who panicked and sent it straight back, should've been punished) onto his defence unnecessarily. 

It's never easy for a goalkeeper to be parachuted into a team. Even experienced goalkeepers tend to take a couple of games to settle in after joining, or returning to, a starting line-up, but based on today's performance, I wouldn't expect him to pick up any Player of the Year awards come the end of the season. 

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

First  impressions of Ruddy from anyone that was there?

Had a similar afternoon to most of Harts, not much to do, punched a cross he could have caught that caused a bit of panic. fluffed a kick-out that Spence caught with both hands that could have a calamity as the ref missed it, fortunately it went straight back to him.  

The goal went right across the 6 yard box and in off the far post, not sure how much he could have done about it from the angle we were at but looked ok overall. 

Callaghan is not an injury

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Just pointing out that the Ayr supporter's hero was gash. 

Running about the pitch thinking he's an enforcer. 

rdlol.gif

6 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Disappointed with all the McCock references without a single mention of Steven Bellend or even Lawrence Ham Shankland

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Michael Muffdiver 

A town that boasts Ian Rankin and Val McDermid within its ranks folks

Ayr fans getting raging at Spence was doing my head in.  

Same folk would love this picture, and the Raith fans who were raging at that would have loved his  celebration today.  Fitba fans are precious little petals. 

Image_07_jpg (1).jpg

Ayr fans getting raging at Spence was doing my head in.  
Same folk would love this picture, and the Raith fans who were raging at that would have loved his  celebration today.  Fitba fans are precious little petals. 
5a5a94bfcc75f_Image_07_jpg(1).jpg.50531fa91ddaeb6a70455c6045c34705.jpg

It was more the "I'll stand in front of you keeper so that you can't organise your wall" that got to me tbh. Guy's a tosser!

Archived