Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This 'McColl' nonsense. It's a six letter word, surely even Raith fans can get it right.

I know, apologies from all of Fife, it should have read “McCock”!!! He was absolutely raging leaving the stadium and actually reversed his car into John Herron’s car (true) and then had the audacity to claim he was injured (another one on the injury list, no doubt) - what a complete knob the man is!!

54 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

That is correct.

In fact I thought they had the worst form but thought they were going through enough trauma with McColl for me to tell them that!!

Yeah, guys your form is the worst in League 1. Suck it up.!! 

are you 12? Serious question 

My god is this seriously your approach?  

Both teams will drop more points. Perhaps try and be a realist as oppose to low blows 

I know, apologies from all of Fife, it should have read “McCock”!!! He was absolutely raging leaving the stadium and actually reversed his car into John Herron’s car (true) and then had the audacity to claim he was injured (another one on the injury list, no doubt) - what a complete knob the man is!!

McCock - good one!

My love for Spence has reached new levels. Tbf, there's not much better than seeing players celebrating in front of opposition fans, and watching middle age men turn into frothing wrecks. Good lad, Spencey. 

Couldn’t agree more, Ayr didn’t seam to have a problem with Shankland celebrating in front of us when they took the lead in the first game at Stark’s

This 'McColl' nonsense. It's a six letter word, surely even Raith fans can get it right.

Our fans could never figure out how to spell Ross Callachan when he was here, so we may struggle with an opponents moniker.

As much as the game was reasonably even today, for the third meeting in a row, Ayr spurned the far better chances.

Adams header from six yards, Shankland’s miss right after we equalised, the indirect free-kick, Forrest’s chance from inside the box and McDaid striking the bar were all really good chances.

Ours were generally half-chances and set-pieces, and while a draw was fair enough, I felt Ayr done slightly more than us, especially over the last quarter of an hour or so.

Not for the first time this season, I was confused by Smith’s hesitation to bring on a sub, Barr aside.

I thought we were crying out for fresh legs from about 70 minutes or so, and yet no-one was stripped until the 88th minute, and then he told him to sit down.

Anyone know how much injury time was played, incidentally? The indirect free-kick battle royale seemed to go on for ages, but there didn’t seem too much time added on.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Have Raith's centre halfs met before today, the dandy with the 80's highlights was one of the worst centre halfs I've seen and I've seen Murray Henderson.

Game turned on Adams stupidly putting his foot out to block a quick free-kick, meant for the remaining 80min there was no way he was going to finish the 90 one way or the other and with only 5 forwards under 20  on the bench, taking him off was going to change the shape. 

The ref was appalling, conned too often, put up with Liam Buchanan chasing him for 90min trying to get him to book players like a grassing shitebag . 

McDaid didn't get by the fullback all afternoon, Forrest was a mixed bag again, Moffat was poor in the first half but Shankland was miles ahead of anyone else on the park. Reid has been playing well in the middle, we need one of the other midfielders back soon though. 

Raith were a shambles at the back but had most of the midfield play and picked up every loose ball, Buchanan has been past it as a player for a while and apart from Spence standing close to Vaughns cross spent most of the game either diving or chasing the ref to complain. Barr created a bit of spark but Ruddy had two saves to make all game.

Draw was fair in the end, Raiths Midfield contained us pretty well and Ayrs defence was fairly solid and neither team looked like running riot.

Don't know if this has been responded to but Robbie Crawford is our best central midfielder, Docherty pulls the strings and Geggan gives us some bite and some midfield goals. If we had two out the three of them available today, I'd be confident of winning.
Spence tried some sort of awful banter with Ruddy today at free kicks that had absolutely no effect. Had McDaid been more clinical either finishing or finding a guy squared it was our game 

Seams like it had an effect on some of the Ayr support which in its self is enough for me

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

are you 12? Serious question 

My god is this seriously your approach?  

Both teams will drop worst,a realist as oppose to low blows 

Serious answer., low blows? Dear oh dear!!

Ayr's form IS the worst in League 1 in recent (6) weeks.

DO check the table out for yourself.

Of course both teams will drop points, when did anyone say different? 

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Both sets of players were throwing themselves around a fair bit.

The ref seemed to be falling for it though.

And as much as ayr players committed more fouls, the surrounding of the ref by the rovers players to get Adams sent off was pretty poor form.

Much like the Ayr player that fell to the ground clutching his face during the stramash in an attempt to get a raith player sent off

We have been poor defensively all season, losing some shocking goals.  You'll have seen that first hand in our game at Kirkcaldy earlier in the season and again today?  We've also thrown points away in games we really should have buried.  Ultimately the manager has to take responsibility for that. He picks the team.
That said, if Raith had four first  team squad midfielders missing away to Ayr how do you think you would cope and do you really think you're manager wouldn't touch on it in his post match interview?

It sounds like you need a cuddle.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm sure this was funny in your world, make another joke about injurys or something....or make a pun out of McCalls name, that would be top banter

I'm not kidding, really, please make a point without contradicting yourself and I'm sure you'll be taken seriously.

Serious answer., low blows? Dear oh dear!!
Ayr's form IS the worst in League 1 in recent (6) weeks.
DO check the table out for yourself.
Of course both teams will drop points, when did anyone say different? 

With seven points from six matches, Ayr have the fourth best form in the division.

1 hour ago, Parkhouse said:

We have been poor defensively all season, losing some shocking goals.  You'll have seen that first hand in our game at Kirkcaldy earlier in the season and again today?  We've also thrown points away in games we really should have buried.  Ultimately the manager has to take responsibility for that. He picks the team.

That said, if Raith had four first  team squad midfielders missing away to Ayr how do you think you would cope and do you really think you're manager wouldn't touch on it in his post match interview?

Ffs Ian give  it a rest

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm not kidding, really, please make a point without contradicting yourself and I'm sure you'll be taken seriously.

Raiths defence were pish and the midfield wasn't, the midfield contained us pretty well but the defence didn't, there is no contradiction 

Archived