Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was expecting a pumping coming into the game given our injuries( 5 first teamers missing today) so pleasantly surprised we picked up a point- a win would be glorious but we're not out of it yet.

Raith will have a blip and when they do we must take full advantage of this. We can't afford to drop any more stupid points particularly at home.  

Pretty fair result but disappointed we couldn't  get the win i would have taken  the draw before the game but felt we could have done better. Bobby barr certainlny made a difference  when he came on ayr did pretty well but if thats the best team in generations they must have suffured a lot.

Firstly going out his way to run past the away support after he scored, I hate that! But the main thing was standing in front of our keeper at free kicks trying to stop him communicating with the wall, childish and unprofessional. Guy is a total moron.

Aw that? I thought you meant something serious.
Most players that suffer nothing but vitriol from the stands are quite entitled to run passed them with a cupped ear. It use to really piss me off as well.
As for the putting the goalkeeper off, he has done that a few times this season, its just a way to try and gain an advantage. Probably through blue and white tinted specs on, i dont see the problem with it.

Aw that? I thought you meant something serious.
Most players that suffer nothing but vitriol from the stands are quite entitled to run passed them with a cupped ear. It use to really piss me off as well.
As for the putting the goalkeeper off, he has done that a few times this season, its just a way to try and gain an advantage. Probably through blue and white tinted specs on, i dont see the problem with it.

I doubt you would appreciate at your end all the same

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was expecting a pumping coming into the game given our injuries( 5 first teamers missing today) so pleasantly surprised we picked up a point- a win would be glorious but we're not out of it yet.

Raith will have a blip and when they do we must take full advantage of this. We can't afford to drop any more stupid points particularly at home.  

When the f**k did this happen?

Heron didn't do much wrong today but the same old lazy opinions get touted as though they are gospel truth. 
Watch the game with a fresh pair of eyes every week instead of deciding beforehand that players were shite. 
Have to disagree. He always shirks out of tackles. Can't name a 50/50 he won today. He slows the game down and rarely plays the ball forward when he has it. To be fair to him today I don't rate him in centre midfield but Smith's decision to play him right was a strange one and probably only because Barr wasn't fit enough yet to last the 90.

It's no coincidence that our form dipped when he wants brought in and then picked up one he was out injured.

One hand on the league trophy after that. We didn’t win but didn’t need to. Ayr hopefully carry on dropping point to the farmers, joiners and butchers. Shite for Ayr, imagine they’ll have to go back to part time next season if they don’t get through the play offs. A thuggish team like Ayr with an ungentlemanly oaf and a bitter looser like Iain McCall in charge don’t deserve promotion anyway.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

One hand on the league trophy after that. We didn’t win but didn’t need to. Ayr hopefully carry on dropping point to the farmers, joiners and butchers. Shite for Ayr, imagine they’ll have to go back to part time next season if they don’t get through the play offs. A thuggish team like Ayr with an ungentlemanly oaf and a bitter looser like Iain McCall in charge don’t deserve promotion anyway.

^^^ Trying far too hard.

Lawrence Shankland is an absolute #baller.

Felt we shaded it but either team could’ve won. McDaid wasted a glorious chance to cut back late on, equally so did Barr earlier on in the half.

Adams was a bit fortunate to avoid a second yellow but either would’ve been soft, combined you can make a better case. Would be interested to see the incident he went rolling around on the deck at again. I suspect his ‘hard man’ image would be somewhat damaged. Been a while since I’ve seen an opposition team pick up six yellows. Don’t think any could be argued about.

Draw is fine for us. Shame to lose the 100% record but it doesn’t matter ultimately. Three away games on the bounce makes me nervous, but we’re in a great position.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

Lawrence Shankland is an absolute #baller.

Felt we shaded it but either team could’ve won. McDaid wasted a glorious chance to cut back late on, equally so did Barr earlier on in the half.

Adams was a bit fortunate to avoid a second yellow but either would’ve been soft, combined you can make a better case. Would be interested to see the incident he went rolling around on the deck at again. I suspect his ‘hard man’ image would be somewhat damaged. Been a while since I’ve seen an opposition team pick up six yellows. Don’t think any could be argued about.

Draw is fine for us. Shame to lose the 100% record but it doesn’t matter ultimately. Three away games on the bounce makes me nervous, but we’re in a great position.

TBF, they put in a hoor of an effort.

^^^ Trying far too hard.

Want to actually engage in anything I said or just crudely dismiss it as a wind up? Nothing I said there is factually wrong or exaggerated for effect at all.

1 minute ago, Young Eddie said:

This 'McColl' nonsense. It's a six letter word, surely even Raith fans can get it right.

If your side had put in more effort than you are being a pedant, perhaps the card count could have gone into double figures.

Have Raith's centre halfs met before today, the dandy with the 80's highlights was one of the worst centre halfs I've seen and I've seen Murray Henderson.

Game turned on Adams stupidly putting his foot out to block a quick free-kick, meant for the remaining 80min there was no way he was going to finish the 90 one way or the other and with only 5 forwards under 20  on the bench, taking him off was going to change the shape. 

The ref was appalling, conned too often, put up with Liam Buchanan chasing him for 90min trying to get him to book players like a grassing shitebag . 

McDaid didn't get by the fullback all afternoon, Forrest was a mixed bag again, Moffat was poor in the first half but Shankland was miles ahead of anyone else on the park. Reid has been playing well in the middle, we need one of the other midfielders back soon though. 

Raith were a shambles at the back but had most of the midfield play and picked up every loose ball, Buchanan has been past it as a player for a while and apart from Spence standing close to Vaughns cross spent most of the game either diving or chasing the ref to complain. Barr created a bit of spark but Ruddy had two saves to make all game.

Draw was fair in the end, Raiths Midfield contained us pretty well and Ayrs defence was fairly solid and neither team looked like running riot.

Archived